4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need Help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 04:00 AM

Need Help!!!!!!!

last night i was driving my car and my clutch started feeling very light, but still grabbed fine and didnt slip at all. then this morning when i went to my car my clutch hit the floor!!!!! HELP!!!! im stuck at home and missing work go to get this fixed ASAP!!!!

thanks!!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 04:45 AM
Rit

My Guess

Sounds like either the clutch slave cylinder, or the tubing from the slave cylinder is leaving. Check the fluid level of the clutch fluid.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:16 AM

Check the fluid level in the clutch master. Sounds like the master or slave went, which isn't too bad of a fix.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:54 AM

how hard is it to replace is there a write up somewhere, i got a ride to work but gonna try to fix it tonight!!! i was reading something about bleeding them from behind the left rear tire!?!!? if anyone could help i would really appreciate it!!!!! i also had my brakes replaced the other day, do u think they messed soemthing up?

thanks agian for the replies!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 06:58 AM

The slave cylinder will be mounted to the front of the trans, and the master is mounted to the left of the brake master. Neither is terrible to do,, and once you see them it is fairly straight forward. To bleed it, you will need someone else, and you bleed it like you would a brake system, have someone hold the clutch pedal down, open the bleeder, repeat until you get a good pedal and no air. Make sure you do not run the master out of fluid. It won't take long to run the resiviour down, just be aware. Good luck!