4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hiper Xenon Plasma

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 01:55 PM

Has anyone tried out 9004 or H3 Hiper Xenon PLasma 80/85 watt light bulbs. I am hesitant to buy these because of the increased wattage of the bulb...I dont want anything to melt. I have been told these will work perfectly fine in my car with no upgrade to the wiring harness. Anyone try these? How about just any bulb with increased wattage?

I would appreciate your advice on this issue.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2000, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by csslll007

Has anyone tried out 9004 or H3 Hiper Xenon PLasma 80/85 watt light bulbs. I am hesitant to buy these because of the increased wattage of the bulb...I dont want anything to melt. I have been told these will work perfectly fine in my car with no upgrade to the wiring harness. Anyone try these? How about just any bulb with increased wattage?

Thanks
I have APC Xenon Plasma's in my 97 Max. I've been through quite a few bulbs, and these are by far the best I've come across. The wattage is 80/100, pretty high, and I was hesitant to try it without a harness, however, I bit the bullet and tried it anyway. It's been 3 full months and I haven't had one problem. I've even driven a full 3 hours at night, high beams off and on (you know, typical highway driving)and was nervous as hell at the end of the trip. Lifted the hood, checked out all my wires, took out the bulbs after they cooled down, and no damage. Im happy with them.....dunno what to say, I've heard bad and good things on higher wattage
Old 10-27-2000, 03:44 PM

Originally posted by csslll007

Thanks
I had Nakayama racing sports HID headlights b4 for like a year, without knowing all the problems with harnesses and overheating and not a problem at all, not saying that you won't have any problems i'm jus sayin i didn't. I switched back to 45/65watt to try another brand but i am purchasing another set of overwatts...
Old 10-27-2000, 06:15 PM

How do these compare to PIAA SuperWhites ????
(APC Xenon Plasma's)...do they have a blue hue or tint
to them ?????? Any pictures ????
I just ordered APC SuperWhites (1157 bulbs) to replace
the side lights next to the headlights in hopes to closer
match my PIAA's...What kind of 1157's do you have ?

Tmeyers-Colorado
97 Maxima SE 5sp
Old 10-30-2000, 05:04 AM

Better to be safe than sorry >>

bite the bullet and buy yourself the upgraded harness.
Old 10-30-2000, 05:32 AM

Re: Better to be safe than sorry >>

Originally posted by Albertt
bite the bullet and buy yourself the upgraded harness.
Naah! Like I said, I've had no problems so far, just like many others I know with high wattage bulbs. I'll take my chances. I'll keep you guys posted. Believe me, if something happens I'll put up a post warning all of my fellow Max Owners. The way things are going now though, Im confident no one will be seeing that post, at least not from me. I've done my research on higher wattage. There are all sorts of Horror and Success stories out there. To be honest, i feel if you already have a good set of factory wires, you'll be fine, BUT, thats just my OPINION.
Old 10-30-2000, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by Tmeyers
How do these compare to PIAA SuperWhites ????
(APC Xenon Plasma's)...do they have a blue hue or tint
to them ?????? Any pictures ????
I just ordered APC SuperWhites (1157 bulbs) to replace
the side lights next to the headlights in hopes to closer
match my PIAA's...What kind of 1157's do you have ?

Tmeyers-Colorado
97 Maxima SE 5sp
In responce to your question, it would really depend on what your looking for. I for one, was looking for that distinct HID look. This being so, I was too happy with the PIAA's. (Super White Plantinum Series). I thought they were garbage. If you weren't a headlight upgrade maniac like myself, you could barely tell the difference between it and factory. I then tried an assortment of other bulbs from, PIAA and APC, the Ion Crystal types....Garbage, nice color when you look directly at them, but a ridicolous colidascope of crap when you look from an angle. Finally I found a pair of Eurolite Xenon Crystal bulbs. Pretty decent bulb. The wattage isn't hight either 65/80 if I recall correctly. Decent light output too. I was fine with these but by this time (if you can't already tell) I'd become obsessed with the search for a better bulb, thats when I found the APC Xenon Plasmas. Best Bulb So far! Gorgeous light out put with a very distinct Bluish hue. I've been asked a few times "Where you get the HID kit for your car" . So if your looking into it, give em try. I don't think you'd be disappointed. If you got the money, get a wiring harness too. Im told it increases the brightness, don't know what that would do for the color though. The reason I suggest is because there have been a stories when it comes to higher wattage. If you choose to take the risk, take it on your own, not because I told you too....Hope this all helps
Old 10-30-2000, 09:30 AM
Wayne

Does the Hiper Plasma fit 96

Old 10-30-2000, 12:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have Hyper White Xenon 80/100w bulbs. Didn't upgrade anything. Have them for more than 3 months now, no problem.
Old 10-30-2000, 01:33 PM

Do these look like the Hyper whiTe bulbs?

i've seen a groupbuy on these bulbs for some time...but i was wondering if they look like the hyper white bulbs everone seems to have nowadays...are they similar, better, or the same because i've had piaa superwhite's ...n im disappointed because they werent the look i was trying to find.....i want the hid look that hyper whites give
Old 10-30-2000, 01:39 PM

Re: Do these look like the Hyper whiTe bulbs?

Originally posted by SiMpLyMaXedOuT
i've seen a groupbuy on these bulbs for some time...but i was wondering if they look like the hyper white bulbs everone seems to have nowadays...are they similar, better, or the same because i've had piaa superwhite's ...n im disappointed because they werent the look i was trying to find.....i want the hid look that hyper whites give
Never heard of em. Go with the APC Super white Xenon Plasma's.

P.S.-Daaaaam! Thats a nice ride!
Old 10-30-2000, 01:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Do these look like the Hyper whiTe bulbs?

Originally posted by SiMpLyMaXedOuT
Yes, they give off very white and bright light. Many of my friends are buying the exact same bulbs because they look really good.
Andy