4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question for Altezza Haters

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 08:31 AM

I have a question for all of yall who hate the altezzas, the most common complaint yall give is the size of the re circles, have you ever seen a lamborghini diablo? ay ferrari made in the last 25 years? how about a new corvette? there is nothing wrong with the size of the circles as i proved that many great cars have them and it i a great style, then i hear complaints about chrome from yall, chrome is a great look, ever seen any car from the 50s? they are covered in it, so it looks like altezzas are actually an awesome look, and their is no need to hate
Old 07-04-2001, 08:44 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

What about the rest on the tail assembly? It's not just the round circles.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:32 AM

It's all about personal opinion. Some like 'em, some don't. I personally don't like them. I'd rather have the red and clear tails over the altezzas. I don't know exactly what it is I don't like about them. I just don't like the way they look on the Max.

-Nick
Old 07-04-2001, 09:44 AM

I LOVE EM!
hehe...
i have white maxima so i think white lights would do pretty well on my maxima!
^^
Old 07-04-2001, 11:11 AM
I'm so hood

heh...you shouldn't just up and say "Oh, well some other well-regarded cars have styling cues that are similar to ____, so....hah! You were WRONG if you didn't like them!" There's no fact in a matter of opinion. And if you didn't notice, there's no clear backdrop or euro-overlaying of circles (the overlaying is only in some altezza-type tails) in Ferrari's or Vettes. Not that I know of anyway.
I haven't seen a car that I liked altezzas on yet. The closest I've seen to "OK" is on the altezza itself.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:12 PM

i think altezzas look good on white maximas blue maximas and black maximas.......those are the only maximas ive seen pix of altezzas on so thats why i cant say i liek them on any other car......
Old 07-04-2001, 12:20 PM

The Vett, Diablo, Farrari's lights are totally different then the altezza. They are surrounded by the body. IMO, the Max altezza housing is too weird (it's uneven). And if it is body color match it will looks sweet. I saw a black civic with a black altezza and I gotta tell you that a sweeet altezzza I've seen so far.
That's my $.02
Old 07-04-2001, 02:10 PM

they just stand out too much. They dont look right and many of us know this. If you dont like that there are people on this board that dont like your corny lights leave. I hate them. They are ugly. Period
yeah and lets compare the maxima to a exotic car or a 50 style car. what is that?
Old 07-04-2001, 02:41 PM

I like chrome, I like circle taillights, I hate Altezzas. They just don't look right on a Maxima. The only lights that look good for Altezzas are maybe the 94-97 Accords because they look sort of like real IS 300 taillights. Before Maxima Altezzas came out, I was against it. I still am. No offense, but your Altezzas don't look good on your car. It just doesn't look right, the chrome doesn't go with the color. And the circles don't fit with the lines of the car.
Old 07-04-2001, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by RedMax95
I have a question for all of yall who hate the altezzas, the most common complaint yall give is the size of the re circles, have you ever seen a lamborghini diablo? ay ferrari made in the last 25 years? how about a new corvette? there is nothing wrong with the size of the circles as i proved that many great cars have them and it i a great style, then i hear complaints about chrome from yall, chrome is a great look, ever seen any car from the 50s? they are covered in it, so it looks like altezzas are actually an awesome look, and their is no need to hate
I have nothing against Altezzas. Like Shadow said, they look good on a Lexus. I just don't like the way they look on a Maxima. But when it comes down to it, who cares what "I" think about "YOUR" Altezzas. If you like them, then that is all that matters.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:26 PM

Cuz the whole ****in thing is ugly! Ahahahaha
Old 07-04-2001, 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

i dont mind the altezzas... i think they add a certain style to each car.. and Redmax they look great on your car

we all have different tastes, i dont think i'd get altezzas unless i could paint the inside black... but i do respect them and they do look good... in my opinion... all that chrome wouldnt go with my style of the car...
Old 07-04-2001, 10:25 PM

It's because it comes STANDARD on the IS300, so that's why its okay on that car. The round taillights on vettes don't have the white/clear surrounds so that is okay too, although the picture on the OT board of the vette tail Accord or Maxima is just plain sickening.

The Maxima is a family sedan. Dressing it up with wannabe sports sedan taillights doesn't make it sporty. So you can get "Alteezas" for your car. Just don't expect everyone to ooh and ahh about how great it looks.
Old 07-04-2001, 10:49 PM

The cars you mentioned (don't forget the Nissan Skyline... although the lights may not be as big..) while all have circular taillights, don't have the chrome housing. Those fit in very well with the body of the car.
And the chrome you talk about on the old cars don't surround circular taillights.
The altezzas combine both elements, and unfortunately, came out bad in my opinion (and quite a few of the members here too).
Personally, I say take the chrome out and have that part match up with the body of the car. The only exception is a white Max. From that pic I saw somewhere here, it doens't clash as bad as it does with the darker colors.
But as the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." So it's your choice to put on altezzas and other peoples' opinions shouldn't change what YOU want on YOUR car.
Old 07-04-2001, 11:16 PM
pjalst

They look cheap

I agree with shadow, the Altezza don't go with the lines on a Maxima. They look cheap, like something put together in a High School shop class. Clears with the red tails is the way to go.

Old 07-04-2001, 11:41 PM

If the inner housing was made of carbon fiber, then may be I'd buy them. The color of my max is deep evergreen, so it should look ok if the altezzas were made with carbon fiber, not chrome. But then again, I wouldn't pay that much just for a cosmetic mod. I'll just make a quick run to HomeBase or something and buy a heat gun and some fluorescent light covers for under $40 or less.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I didn't like them either.

That's why I attempted something different. Some don't like my lights, some do. Some offer tips to make them look better, and other just tell me they're ugly. Opinions are like *******s, everybodys got one and they all stink.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:03 AM
i SeE what you did therE

it might look good on a red maxima..... but do not try it on mine...
Old 07-05-2001, 10:27 AM
I'm needing a caw

There is no comparision between Lambo,Vette lights w/ Altezza lights for the maxima. One is standard and the other is some lame attempt at coping someone else's tailights. See the difference? To me they look so added on and ricer-like. When I see them on cars, I ususally wonder how many years that kid has left until he graduates highschool.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
There is no comparision between Lambo,Vette lights w/ Altezza lights for the maxima. One is standard and the other is some lame attempt at coping someone else's tailights. See the difference? To me they look so added on and ricer-like. When I see them on cars, I ususally wonder how many years that kid has left until he graduates highschool.
Yep, I see the difference all the time on Hondas. In my opinion, the altezzas take away the smoothness of the car's styling. It makes the car look jagged and not sleek. In the cases with Lambos and Vettes the light seem molded to the body. To the eye, it gives the impression that the lights are part of the car and not added on like the Altezza's.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:09 PM
pjalst

Originally posted by Jeff92se
...To me they look so added on and ricer-like. When I see them on cars, I ususally wonder how many years that kid has left until he graduates highschool.

You hit it right on the head Jeff92, they look so added-on and unnatural. When you see them, It takes your attention away from the car and right to the lights. My first thought when I see them is "yuck".

Old 07-05-2001, 03:16 PM

i personally wanted carbon fiber 1's but they didnt make them yet...IMO they look better than the stock 1s..i had clears on just the outter..i hated that....red and clear would look good but i wanted something diff.. i dont think im the only 1 who feels like this...so every1 who has a negative opinon pleasae keep it to yourself
Old 07-05-2001, 03:19 PM
I'm needing a caw

Ah, this post was directed at Altezza haters.

QUOTE]Originally posted by BLacKMax69
i personally wanted carbon fiber 1's but they didnt make them yet...IMO they look better than the stock 1s..i had clears on just the outter..i hated that....red and clear would look good but i wanted something diff.. i dont think im the only 1 who feels like this...so every1 who has a negative opinon pleasae keep it to yourself [/QUOTE]
Old 07-05-2001, 05:21 PM
Mike'z Max

i like big cicles, but i still don't like altezza'a. i don't think they look good, especially on the darker cars, and clearing out your orange is cheaper and looks better. however, i thought the altezza's for the max were going to look like the ones they made for the civics with two small ovals on top and clear on the bottom. that would have been much worse. the big circles look better, but i wouldn't get them.

Old 07-05-2001, 07:13 PM
Licensed to Spell

I was with you on the circles but..

...you lost me 100% on the chrome. I HATE chrome!!! When I think of chrome, I think of an ancient car (as you happened to mention yourself - lol), not a modern car. Chrome has no place on a modern car - very tacky. I went out of my way to kill my chrome (emblyms, doorhandles, window trim, exhaust, etc.). So yes, I do like the circle look and I am all for altezzas. In fact, I will be getting some myself. But you can bet your pinkslip that those things aren't going on my car until all the chrome is body color.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by pjalst
I agree with shadow, the Altezza don't go with the lines on a Maxima. They look cheap, like something put together in a High School shop class. Clears with the red tails is the way to go.
im back, i just wanted to see how offensive you people would get, and d*** you stick to your opinions, you may not be able to tell but they actually follow the trunk lines, the line in the middle of the trunk follows into the lights, you really have to see them in person on the car, my comparisons to other cars were put out and though i know they dont exactly follow ques of other cars it was interesting to see what you would say, i just got tired of people dissing chrome as well, they dont look cheap, and i know i will never be able to sway your opinions, oh and what about the comment of "just bc you add them doesnt make your family sedan into a sports car" well hate to tell you but every single mod that isnt aimed at luxury such as a bodykit would be considered doing the same thing, so ha, well thats what i hav to say, keep your opinions coming and i will try to answer all the questions
Old 07-05-2001, 11:51 PM

No matter how much people dislike them, at least it can't get much worse than the tail lights on the 5th gen. Max. Just my penny in the bucket.
Old 07-06-2001, 05:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

HEY ****HEAD

ALL OF THOSE CARE DON'T HAVE A GAY REFLECTIVE MIRRORED BACKGROUND - THEY ARE BODY-PAINTED - AND ALSO, THOSE ARE BUILT INTO THE CARS, THERE IS NO SEPERATE LIGHT PIECE. PLUS, ALL OF THOSE CARE HAVE SMALLER CIRCLES, AND ARE LARGER CARS, SO NEXT TIME WATCH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.
Old 07-07-2001, 03:10 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Re: HEY ****HEAD

Originally posted by Vyrus
ALL OF THOSE CARE DON'T HAVE A GAY REFLECTIVE MIRRORED BACKGROUND - THEY ARE BODY-PAINTED - AND ALSO, THOSE ARE BUILT INTO THE CARS, THERE IS NO SEPERATE LIGHT PIECE. PLUS, ALL OF THOSE CARE HAVE SMALLER CIRCLES, AND ARE LARGER CARS, SO NEXT TIME WATCH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

there is no need to shout we all can read at the same level.... jeez.. calm down man... this is a discussion not a shouting match....
Old 07-07-2001, 09:52 AM

Re: Re: HEY ****HEAD

Originally posted by redmaxpa007

there is no need to shout we all can read at the same level.... jeez.. calm down man... this is a discussion not a shouting match....
Yea, simmer down.
Old 07-07-2001, 09:56 AM
pjalst

All of those care.....?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vyrus
[B]ALL OF THOSE CARE DON'T HAVE A GAY REFLECTIVE MIRRORED BACKGROUND - THEY ARE BODY-PAINTED - AND ALSO, THOSE ARE BUILT INTO THE CARS, THERE IS NO SEPERATE LIGHT PIECE.

Old 07-07-2001, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by SC99MaxSELmtd
No matter how much people dislike them, at least it can't get much worse than the tail lights on the 5th gen. Max. Just my penny in the bucket.
hehe, very very good point
Old 07-07-2001, 10:11 AM

altezza's are the ugliest POS ever made. they make the maxima look cheap and nasty.
Old 07-07-2001, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by krazyd
altezza's are the ugliest POS ever made. they make the maxima look cheap and nasty.
I think they would look alright if you painted the outside to match your car color and make the circles smaller.
Old 07-07-2001, 01:45 PM

Have you guys noticed the new Altima will have factory Altezzas installed? They don't look half bad.
Old 07-07-2001, 02:48 PM
Mike'z Max

Re: Re: Re: HEY ****HEAD

i don't even know what he said.

what's a "care"?

does he mean a "cah"?

Old 07-08-2001, 08:43 PM

one thing first, vyrus chill out, this is a simple discussion, i would like to say that i hae been showin the lights to many maxima owners that i know in town, one guy who was anti-altezza agreed with me that they looked much better in person, we both thought skylines would be better, but we dont have that option yet, plus they match every aspect of my car with the red and chrome, if you had a sel in the bright red and chrome rims you would have a great looking match, that was for you 007, but skylines on that color wouldnt look good because it would be too much red, oh and whoever mentioned "how long till they get out of hgh school" the answer is one year, ok thats what i have to say for now, will be bck to answer many of your (sometimes crude) responses