Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   Eaton M90 for maxima (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/384998-eaton-m90-maxima.html)

Tatanko 02-24-2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by grey99max
Yeah, that's what I thought.... All those factory blower parts, too. Ah, well.

Ok but assuming you could use the LIM from the VG33, the M62 isn't really very well suited to the VQ, at least not from a performance standpoint. It's ok on the VG33 where it boosts torque a little bit, but it wouldn't be too good for even half-decent power levels.

Fr33way™ 02-24-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
i dont have to worry about putting it in, money does anything, im not doing it, i dont care how hard it is

If this were true you would not have a 4th gen Maxima, period.

Tatanko 02-24-2007 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Fr33way™

Haha. So true. We 4th genners are a bunch of DIY-ers and cheapos.

Apparition 02-24-2007 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tatanko

The truth hurts..

matts95max 02-24-2007 11:43 AM

haha when I read he said that about money I was like...and y are you driving a maxima:buttshex: ...maybe a porsche 911 turbo?

Nealoc187 02-24-2007 02:39 PM

He's a hustla' baby, he just wants you to know
It ain't where he is, but where he's about to go

Grand_hustle17 02-24-2007 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by matty
The unit itself is $3000.

the unit itself is $200 on ebay and maybe $40 at the junkyard

Grand_hustle17 02-24-2007 03:36 PM

did you read the post after that??? and for all smart a$$e$

Superharger $3000 at most
Porsche 911- $50,000 Plus..................... how did the math add up???

Tatanko 02-24-2007 05:58 PM

did you read the post after that??? and for all smart a$$e$

Superharger $3000 at most
Porsche 911- $50,000 Plus..................... how did the math add up???

There are still better alternatives for the money spent.

Grand_hustle17 02-24-2007 06:51 PM

yes but im not a mechanic, im not a DIYer, and im very impatient, and to avoid anger damages to my car i'll let the liscensed professional do it, i can do like intake and cd players, and speakers and stuff like that, and even though i know how to do it, i'll still ask my best friend to do it for me, i would like to know how to but not that much,

Tatanko 02-24-2007 06:59 PM

yes but im not a mechanic, im not a DIYer, and im very impatient, and to avoid anger damages to my car i'll let the liscensed professional do it, i can do like intake and cd players, and speakers and stuff like that, and even though i know how to do it, i'll still ask my best friend to do it for me, i would like to know how to but not that much,

So buy a car that's faster in the first place with all the money you have :gotme:

TurTLe* 02-24-2007 10:42 PM

for 3 grand you can get a car that is way faster then a max with a good amount of bolt-on's. of course it would be a completely diffrent type of car VS the maxima.

I've been thinking about going that route as well ever often. nice 1st gen DSM can be had for $2000 on average. Spent about 1500$ and you should be somewhere knocking on the 13.5's which a 4th gen maxima can't really do easily still this day without spending much

Singer 02-24-2007 11:49 PM

Wow, tough crowd. Just a thought here, if you read carefully, I don't think the OP ever said he has a lot of money. He was merely stating that he won't have to worry about the headaches involved with installation because he's paying for the work to be done. Hence him saying, money does anything. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the dude meant to come across as a pretentious prick.

Tatanko 02-25-2007 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Singer
Wow, tough crowd. Just a thought here, if you read carefully, I don't think the OP ever said he has a lot of money. He was merely stating that he won't have to worry about the headaches involved with installation because he's paying for the work to be done.

Let me quote something for you here:

ima probebly have this in in the next 2 weeks

If it's going in in the next 2 weeks, he's got money.

Also, call us a tough crowd all you want, but this forum is 99% full of people who are all talk and no action.

TurTLe* 02-25-2007 10:56 AM

this forum is 99% full of people who are all talk and no action.

Almost all forums are full of people who talk a lot and disappear or e-thugs =P

yea seriously would you just go out and buy a random super charger plain and simple and not know anything about it really and expect it to work great on your car? I would think he is mr. money bags.

KsuMax 02-25-2007 11:23 AM

lol im nowhere close to rich, but i'll spend my last dime on my maxima without a dought, i dont even second guess myself, i get and work for what i want... save your money??? spend it all on your car???...???... spend it on the car, lol

Looks like you will be learning some tough lessons later on in life. :bustrun:

GoalieKeg 02-25-2007 11:24 AM

Shhhhh, you weren't supposed to tell! :rolling_e

4th gen with a 3.5 and some good tuning will do some damage, and it's not that expensive.

Tatanko 02-25-2007 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by GoalieKeg
4th gen with a 3.5 and some good tuning will do some damage, and it's not that expensive.

You speak the truth :nod:

Grand_hustle17 02-25-2007 04:53 PM

So buy a car that's faster in the first place with all the money you have :gotme:

then i wont have fun modding, cause it's already modded, i dont necessarily mod to race or anything like that, and i really dont have that much money, i just like spending, i just like to put my twist on a car and start from nothing to great and a maxima i thought was a nice car to play with

Grand_hustle17 02-25-2007 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by KsuMax
Looks like you will be learning some tough lessons later on in life. :bustrun:

i already am but im not crying, so i dont think no one should cry for me, i like challenges.

Grand_hustle17 02-25-2007 04:59 PM

Let me quote something for you here:

If it's going in in the next 2 weeks, he's got money.

Also, call us a tough crowd all you want, but this forum is 99% full of people who are all talk and no action.

lol it maybe, but the reason i can get it that quick is because i was saving for so long and researching but wanted to know of someone who saw it in a maxima, now that "Craig Mack" has it, makes me a lil more sure, beleive me i have a hard life, just like most young adults

Grand_hustle17 02-25-2007 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by TurTLe*
for 3 grand you can get a car that is way faster then a max with a good amount of bolt-on's. of course it would be a completely diffrent type of car VS the maxima.

I've been thinking about going that route as well ever often. nice 1st gen DSM can be had for $2000 on average. Spent about 1500$ and you should be somewhere knocking on the 13.5's which a 4th gen maxima can't really do easily still this day without spending much

please help me then, what car is less expensive than 3 Grand thats faster than a maxima stock and looks better... if you need help then please check yahoo for 0-60 times and you tell me which car on that list is less expensive than a maxima and looks better and faster???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Tatanko 02-25-2007 06:30 PM

then i wont have fun modding, cause it's already modded, i dont necessarily mod to race or anything like that, and i really dont have that much money, i just like spending, i just like to put my twist on a car and start from nothing to great and a maxima i thought was a nice car to play with

How is paying people to put crap on your car "having fun modding"?

beleive me i have a hard life, just like most young adults

:rofl:

Fr33way™ 02-25-2007 07:14 PM

please help me then, what car is less expensive than 3 Grand thats faster than a maxima stock and looks better... if you need help then please check yahoo for 0-60 times and you tell me which car on that list is less expensive than a maxima and looks better and faster???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

The point is, if you don't have a problem with dropping lots of money and going fast there are MANY better choices. Arn't you auto as well?

Grand_hustle17 02-25-2007 07:21 PM

How is paying people to put crap on your car "having fun modding"?

:rofl:

thats like askin me why is bowling, golf, or water polo fun??? i dont know. but i know why i like modding my car. If i can pay my bills and take care of my priorities, i think i have the right to do what i want with the rest of my money, and it so happens to be modding my car, man i like getting stuff professionally done, whats wrong with that... yall dont hear me going on yall half a$$ mechanics about F**kin up yall cars up then coming back on the org asking another half a$$ mechanic how to fix the problem and then end up spend 3times the installation price... if i know how to fix it then i will, if i dont, then i will pay for someone to do it that knows what they're doing is that so wrong?

Fr33way™ 02-25-2007 07:26 PM

It's more like you paying someone to do any of those things and then watching. Even if you have the money, when you have to troubleshoot minor problems (which you WILL have to) you wont know which end is up and the car will be in and out of the garage alot.

Also, if you plan on going this Eaton way (which you wont) it WILL be more than 3,000 if it actually runs/drives/makes power.

ghostmax301 02-25-2007 07:56 PM

Wow, I think registering for the org should require that you have a flame jacket at hand for situations like this.

:Popcorn:

Grand_hustle17 02-25-2007 07:59 PM

It's more like you paying someone to do any of those things and then watching. Even if you have the money, when you have to troubleshoot minor problems (which you WILL have to) you wont know which end is up and the car will be in and out of the garage alot. (it is and im not crying so y are u?)

Also, if you plan on going this Eaton way (which you wont) it WILL be more than 3,000 if it actually runs/drives/makes power.

O.K i smell a hint of ignorance, some negativity and alot of price guessing... man im coming to find out that the people on the org is not really friendly, but a bunch of A$$holes no offense to the few good ones, this should be a place where maxima enthusiast help each other no matter how stupid they sound, not NEGATIVITY which i've seen from 80% of the org... thats really not kool org. i've been to a couple other forums and i can HONESTLY say or swear that there is not this much of negativity,

Grand_hustle17 02-25-2007 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by ghostmax301
Wow, I think registering for the org should require that you have a flame jacket at hand for situations like this.

:Popcorn:

wad up cuz lol

Tatanko 02-25-2007 09:13 PM

thats like askin me why is bowling, golf, or water polo fun???

Do you pay people to do those activities for you, too? :grinno:

yall dont hear me going on yall half a$$ mechanics about F**kin up yall cars up then coming back on the org asking another half a$$ mechanic how to fix the problem and then end up spend 3times the installation price...

I'm not bragging, but I rarely screw anything up, and if I do it's very minor. That's because I do RESEARCH. I'm not a half-ass mechanic, take a look at my website :grinno: And as far as spending "3 times the installation price," who are you kidding? If anything, I spend a THIRD of the installation price on everything I do, and that's when it's not FREE for me to do it myself.

O.K i smell a hint of ignorance, some negativity and alot of price guessing... man im coming to find out that the people on the org is not really friendly, but a bunch of A$$holes no offense to the few good ones, this should be a place where maxima enthusiast help each other no matter how stupid they sound

Well let's see, we kind of have to guess prices since Craig Mack doesn't really remember and no one else has ever done it. You figure that simple logic out. I think we're going to be more accurate with prices since we at least have a clue about what we're talking about, unlike you.

And we hate noobs like you because you want help from us when you can just as easily HELP YOURSELF.

Fr33way™ 02-26-2007 09:49 AM

O.K i smell a hint of ignorance, some negativity and alot of price guessing... man im coming to find out that the people on the org is not really friendly, but a bunch of A$$holes no offense to the few good ones, this should be a place where maxima enthusiast help each other no matter how stupid they sound, not NEGATIVITY which i've seen from 80% of the org... thats really not kool org. i've been to a couple other forums and i can HONESTLY say or swear that there is not this much of negativity,

Us saying that is a long shot, and that you should probably focus your efforts elsewhere is not being negative. Step back from the tea set, pull your GI Joes away and realize that this is the INTERNET, please don't cut yourself before going to bed. People come on here and want there hand held for some fantasy that they have no idea about, when people that have BEEN through and seen others go through struggles and failures on this platform people will give you some truth.

You stated that you were not going to be doing the work, a supercharger install is not open heart surgery, it is a series of small steps that amount to some relocation and facilitating the blower to the current space requirements as well as fuel compensation and oil/vacuum lines (among other things).

When a kid comes on here with an automatic Maxima with chrome wheels (see: boat anchors) wanting to go fast I can already tell there is trouble. When you talk about going in uncharted territory (see: ice skating uphill for no reason) the BS flag suddenly raises. To top it all off, the people that don't say "yeh cuz do that shiz, it be mad fast in the screet" are all of a sudden ignorant (as if you know what ANY of us know about our cars).

Stop acting like a girl being scolded, go put the Eaton in. We will help you troubleshoot, but it will be your infinite struggle and frustration.

BTW: Why the HELL not go Vortech 2.87"?

phenryiv1 02-26-2007 11:38 AM

Reel it back in, people. We are getting out of hand here.

Tatanko 02-26-2007 12:16 PM

BTW: Why the HELL not go Vortech 2.87"?

I can tell you that a centrifugal (Vortech) blower is a whole different animal from a roots (Eaton) blower. I doubt that he knows much about either of them and probably was just trying to do it to be cool, but...

Fr33way™ 02-26-2007 12:21 PM

I'm sorry for a second I thought you were try to tell me about something...

:hide:

I have read all of the Craig Mack chronicles, that is evident in my 1st post.

p.s. - Apologies phenryiv1.

Tatanko 02-26-2007 12:23 PM

I'm sorry for a second I thought you were try to tell me about something...

I have read all of the Craig Mack chronicles, that is evident in my 1st post.

p.s. - Apologies phenryiv1.

My bad.

p.s. I apologize, too. The noobage lately has just been overwhelming.

phenryiv1 02-26-2007 12:44 PM

I was not talking about anyone in particular. I know what both of you were trying to say- don't fret- I was not really aiming at you two. The thread (as a whole) just needed a reality check. 1/2 of the posters in here don't have a clue where their thinking has gone astray...

Apparition 02-26-2007 01:32 PM

I can tell you that a centrifugal (Vortech) blower is a whole different animal from a roots (Eaton) blower. I doubt that he knows much about either of them and probably was just trying to do it to be cool, but...

You should clue him on on your plan for using a roots S/C later on.. Remember those long talks we used to have about that and how you had this secret plan that would essentially create the S/C god of maximas..

Tatanko 02-26-2007 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Apparition
You should clue him on on your plan for using a roots S/C later on.. Remember those long talks we used to have about that and how you had this secret plan that would essentially create the S/C god of maximas..

Not after you went and told everyone! :mad:

Haha jk. I may still go this route this fall.

Grand_hustle17 02-26-2007 07:39 PM

if you guys would read the very first post instead of jumping in 3 days later you would have read that i was simply asking if anyone seen an eaton M90 on a maxima or import... just because im not putting it in myself every one got offensive... i did read up on it (approx. 3 months plus of research) just wanted to know if anyone seen it done on a maxima (Thanks Craig mack and the guy who answered the question with the picture)... Tatanko i never directed my post about half a$$ mechanics to you specifically and i dont see anyone replied to it so if you want to take offense to it, keep it to yourself... it's clear that you guys are against it, but it's the route i'm taking, I never ask you guys what you think, i ask have you seen and i think since i pay so much for Mods i would have an idea on a PRICE for the whole thing, but thanks for trying to explain the price fellas, i really appreciate it, beleive me, but im still going to go down that road

Tatanko 02-26-2007 07:58 PM

i think since i pay so much for Mods i would have an idea on a PRICE for the whole thing, but thanks for trying to explain the price fellas, i really appreciate it, beleive me, but im still going to go down that road

Whatever. Good luck, and prove us wrong.

You think you have an idea for price? You haven't shown me any proof you have any clue what you're talking about with this and the price of other mods isn't going to give you the first clue about how much a completely custom roots blower setup is going to cost :lol: