4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what to do next

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what to do next

i have a 95 maxima with a cattman headers,cattman midpipe w jwt popcharger and kyb agx progress springs and a34 brakes

and just put on my mevi system on this weekend so what should i do next guys-gals
Old 06-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Bacon Lover

Going for the utmost power, the MEVI was a mistake right off the bat. You could pick up an underdrive pulley, do a cat-back, go back to your stock intake, buy a pre-tuned ECU (JWT, TS), get a V-AFC/S-AFC...
Old 06-17-2007, 07:47 PM

e-Manage Ultimate would be my recommendation. Personally I would have gone with 00VI over MEVI.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by scrhale
e-Manage Ultimate would be my recommendation. Personally I would have gone with 00VI over MEVI.
For his mods, though? I don't know why, but he doesn't come off as the "serious" type that would go that far. Come to think of it, this thread isn't really appropriate for the Advanced Performance section...
Old 06-17-2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tatanko
Come to think of it, this thread isn't really appropriate for the Advanced Performance section...
Ding ding ding!!

Moved...
Old 06-17-2007, 08:58 PM

IS this going to be a drag car or a daily driver?... just wanting to know if your going all out there a lot of things you can gut out... trunk ...back seat... lexan windows... short shifter... NOS or NX... egr delete... if you really love your a/c don't remove it but if your going for time delete it. Lots more you can do but im too tired to think.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:00 PM

The 00vi has been dyno tested to be better then the MEVI what i want to know is which one covers the 1/4 mile faster. Testing should be done with an auto for accuracy.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by VQrebuild96
The 00vi has been dyno tested to be better then the MEVI what i want to know is which one covers the 1/4 mile faster. Testing should be done with an auto for accuracy.
If you're done making useless posts to get to 15, I'll go ahead and correct the obvious retardedness you've spouted off.

If you think about it, if something is dyno proven to be better, why WOULDN'T it demonstrate better times in the 1/4 mile as well? Also, why does an auto need to be used for accuracy? How is an auto any more accurate than a manual?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:37 PM

If you're done making useless posts to get to 15, I'll go ahead and correct the obvious retardedness you've spouted off.

If you think about it, if something is dyno proven to be better, why WOULDN'T it demonstrate better times in the 1/4 mile as well? Also, why does an auto need to be used for accuracy? How is an auto any more accurate than a manual?
why an auto? If there are no other larger mods the 00vi produces better 1/4 mile since it produces more all over power.

Anyway, there are too many mods you can do to your car next. Don't ask people. Do your own research and find out what you want to do.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:38 PM

double post...delete
Old 06-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Well anything is better for top end then the USIM.

I personally wouldnt have put on the mevi without an ecu with an extended rev limiter. Also the lack of mid range power you loose, isnt worth it for street driving. I decided to wait till i get my ECU, then ill put on my mevi and ecu.

00vi is obviously better, by far better design, but its not a direct bolt on which is why a lot of people are hesitant.

I was already beaten to it, but put back on your stock mid pipe, your loosing enough low-mid range power as it is with the mevi and no ecu, with the mid pip your loosing even more.

*edited*
Old 06-18-2007, 06:18 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
Well anything is better for top end then the MEVI.
Holy misinformation Monday.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:38 AM

If your testing between a mevi and 00vi on the track and you have a mt its less accurate because your not going to shift the same speed or launch the same because of the clutch. I am not trying just to post just for the fun of it but i know that dyno's are not track tested for example correct me if i am wrong but if you have an airbox that gets the air as the car drives sort of like cowl induction with many cars. How will a dyno detect this also like a light weight flywheel a dyno doesent detect it. So if you have an airbox and you drive and it rams air in and then you go to a dyno and it tells you the cai adds 2hp when really its actually loosing power because how can a dyno ram air?
im just telling you expirence with buying stuff that is "dyno tested" like cai in magazines.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:36 AM

the car is a daily driver and play car for 1/4 mile
what do you mean put back on stock air box as in everything on just the midpipe. and i did the mevi for price i got everything for $175
Old 06-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Stock box is only if your going all out... for you i would suggest keeping it the way you have it setup... mid end power is nothing much keep your tires at 30 psi when you go to the track at clutch dump at like 3800 rpm you should run a decent time. Daily driving i doubt you would want to have a stock box that growl is niiicee.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Stock box is only if your going all out... for you i would suggest keeping it the way you have it setup... mid end power is nothing much keep your tires at 30 psi when you go to the track at clutch dump at like 3800 rpm you should run a decent time. Daily driving i doubt you would want to have a stock box that growl is niiicee.
Shhh before you hurt someone....or do this
Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 PM

im just telling you expirence with buying stuff that is "dyno tested" like cai in magazines.
and we all know that magazine tests are always accurate....
Old 06-18-2007, 05:50 PM

If your testing between a mevi and 00vi on the track and you have a mt its less accurate because your not going to shift the same speed or launch the same because of the clutch. I am not trying just to post just for the fun of it but i know that dyno's are not track tested for example correct me if i am wrong but if you have an airbox that gets the air as the car drives sort of like cowl induction with many cars. How will a dyno detect this also like a light weight flywheel a dyno doesent detect it. So if you have an airbox and you drive and it rams air in and then you go to a dyno and it tells you the cai adds 2hp when really its actually loosing power because how can a dyno ram air?
I'll never know why n00bs sign on to a message board and try to reinvent the wheel. Please read around before you ramble about stuff you have no clue about.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:01 PM

this thread is littered with bad info haha. I don't even know what half the newb posts said.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Holy misinformation Monday.

oops..i meant to put USIM. lol the only thing better then the MEVI is the 00vi.

usim>mevi>00vi

edited my original post to reflect the correct information...thanks nmexmax
Old 06-18-2007, 08:17 PM
PM me for LCA's!

That's an awesome start to modding your ride. It seems you have mostly performance mods and if you want to keep going that route, versus car stereo or body kits, etc, I suggest what others have suggested and go with something that can help you tune the car.

Get a VAFC at the least or an Emanage if you have the funds and ability to get it installed. You'll gain performance and it's best to re-tune with each mod anyway.

You also might want to get those big-a$$'d police car bumpers cause you live in Glendale and all the old people will keep rear-ending your car. BUt, umm.. that mod is optional.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:42 AM

i like the car took my mother for a ride saturday and she said it is quicker then the altima was lol and the altima was a 14.6 so hopefully i can turn atleast a 14.5-15.0 this saturday

for tuning i think i may just go with jwt ecu for now or is the vafc the better way
Old 06-19-2007, 09:36 AM

JWT costs 500 ... screw it and purchase e-Manage Ultimate for that price. VAFC can't increase timing like JWT does statically, but then again the JWT A/F maps are static so you get the advantage of personally tuning the A/F with VAFC. EU+WB02 is the best tune, but it hefty on the wallet. I really would like to start modding my bone stock 5Spd Maxima with EU+WB02 because it is silent. I have a 95 auto with CAI and y-pipe and I HATE the noise.