4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Englishtown questions ... Please help ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 12:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Alright I'm ready to go to see what my car and I are goin to run...I have no idea when to go ?? What night is the best ?? What to bring ?? Do I need helmet ?? What will I be racing ?? and is there any other better track to go to around Northern NJ ?? I want to go during next week but as you can see I'm clueless

I cant wait
Old 07-21-2001, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by matty
Alright I'm ready to go to see what my car and I are goin to run...I have no idea when to go ?? What night is the best ?? What to bring ?? Do I need helmet ?? What will I be racing ?? and is there any other better track to go to around Northern NJ ?? I want to go during next week but as you can see I'm clueless

I cant wait
Get to the track around 6:30 or 7 pm. The track in my town is only open to the public for 1/4 racing on friday nights. Dont bring anything - actually take EVERYTHING out of the car(spare tire, sub box, anything in trunk, etc.). You do not need a helmet, but you better wear long pants - my local track requires this. You will be racing all different kinds of cars, just dont let it bother you if you get beat by a 10 second car - they have spent much more $$$ than you and it probably isnt street legal. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

K
Old 07-21-2001, 06:53 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

You DO need a helmet at Englishtown. It's NJ law. If you have never been to the track I suggest going with someone who has to point out what you need to do. At the very least, don't be shy about telling the starter it's your first time, they will tell you how to proceed on the track.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So...

So whould Wed at 5pm at englishtown be the best time to go ?? I am so confused about this hole thing help!!!

and do you just show up and race or do you have to qualify and stuff....I just want a 1/4 mile time