4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How 2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 01:44 PM

I would like to intall a CD changer but am unsure how to get to the back of my head unit. I understand that the plastic pieces fronting the head unit snap off, but I am very weary to start prying until I know exactly what to do. Does anyone have pics of this removal? It would be niece to see the removal step by step. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2001, 03:31 PM

When I was bored i started to taking things apart... And first you will see the middle of the ac... i stuck a screw driver on the side and slowly started to pry it off... The a/c vents and the piece where the hazard lights are, are all one piece. Then if you have a auto u pry the plastic piece around the shift ****... you can then take out the cig light and the ash tray... i believe their is a screw for the ash tray holding it in place... then their should be 2 screws on top and 2 on bottom holding the cd player in place... it's been a while and i think that is how i did it... it really isn't that hard... but be careful and it should all work out fine...
Old 07-29-2001, 07:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Car Stereo Removal

Try this link: http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisMax2.htm