4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got Speeding Ticket Near Englishtown Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 10:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey..so about 5pm tonight I was driving down Pension road, the road that leads to the Englsihtown (Old Bridge) raceway and I am going a little over the speed limit. Anyway, as I pull up the hill toward the racetrack my radar goes off and I hit the brake, but it's too late, I fly by a cop. I look in the rear view and see him try to pull out, but gets stuck because someone was comming in the opposite direction. So I pull into the airport parking lot and go to the end and park. I get out and look at the road to see the pig fly by. I was like yeah! Then two minutes later I see him backtrack and come flying down the parking lot. They come up to me and ask if thats my Black Maxima. I tell them it is and they say I was doing 50 in a 25. To make a long story short they gave me a ticket for 50 in a 25. They were Monroe Twp cops. They told me from Union Hill and Pension is Manalapan, on Pension is Monroe and then the racetrack and airport are Old Bridge, but the followed me from Monroe. I have to go to court and fight this 4 point, $300 fine ticket. The court date is the 8th. Wish me luck! Below is the cops I beat in court so far:

1997 - Warwick, NY, 51 in a 35
2000 - Woodbridge, NJ State Trooper, 80 in a 65
(Double Fines)
2001 - Eatontown, NJ, 80 in a 65
(Double Fines)
2001 - Marlboro, NJ, Side Markers

Soon to add

2001 - Monroe, NJ, 50 in a 25

Thanks,
Erik
Old 07-30-2001, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by tifosiv122
Hey..so about 5pm tonight I was driving down Pension road, the road that leads to the Englsihtown (Old Bridge) raceway and I am going a little over the speed limit. Anyway, as I pull up the hill toward the racetrack my radar goes off and I hit the brake, but it's too late, I fly by a cop. I look in the rear view and see him try to pull out, but gets stuck because someone was comming in the opposite direction. So I pull into the airport parking lot and go to the end and park. I get out and look at the road to see the pig fly by. I was like yeah! Then two minutes later I see him backtrack and come flying down the parking lot. They come up to me and ask if thats my Black Maxima. I tell them it is and they say I was doing 50 in a 25. To make a long story short they gave me a ticket for 50 in a 25. They were Monroe Twp cops. They told me from Union Hill and Pension is Manalapan, on Pension is Monroe and then the racetrack and airport are Old Bridge, but the followed me from Monroe. I have to go to court and fight this 4 point, $300 fine ticket. The court date is the 8th. Wish me luck! Below is the cops I beat in court so far:

(Double Fines)
(Double Fines)

Soon to add

Thanks,
Erik
You could've said "No" when asked if that was your Black Maxima. You could've easily told them that you saw the driver run towards a building or something.
Old 07-31-2001, 12:19 AM

(Double Fines)
(Double Fines)

Soon to add

Thanks,
Erik

How do you do it? What do you say to the judge? Do the cops even show up? I could use some help since I have an appearance for a ticket on the 6th. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike H.
Old 07-31-2001, 12:51 AM

(Double Fines)
(Double Fines)

Soon to add

Thanks,
Erik
I dont know about NJ, but in CO if they dont catch you as the infraction happens you can get off due to that. If you are speeding and they dont catch you within 3 minutes, assuming you didnt just floor it. I've gotten out of one due to that. I was doing 40 in a 25 and flew by a cop, knowing he was clocking me I took 4 right turns and then continued on my way. About 20 min later a cop pulls me over and says you were speeding back there. I said "prove it was me" and since he didnt get my plates and couldt prove that I was the guy he saw I didnt get the ticket. Thank God for that law.

K
Old 07-31-2001, 06:39 AM

Originally posted by Mike H.

How do you do it? What do you say to the judge? Do the cops even show up? I could use some help since I have an appearance for a ticket on the 6th. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike H.
Its usually just a matter of catching the cop in a lie. I never met a cop that told the complete truth.

Erik
Old 07-31-2001, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by SillePimp

You could've said "No" when asked if that was your Black Maxima. You could've easily told them that you saw the driver run towards a building or something.
They would have either waited untill the driver came out, and I don't have all day to stay at a local airport, or they would have just ticketed the car.

Erik
Old 07-31-2001, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

I dont know about NJ, but in CO if they dont catch you as the infraction happens you can get off due to that. If you are speeding and they dont catch you within 3 minutes, assuming you didnt just floor it. I've gotten out of one due to that. I was doing 40 in a 25 and flew by a cop, knowing he was clocking me I took 4 right turns and then continued on my way. About 20 min later a cop pulls me over and says you were speeding back there. I said "prove it was me" and since he didnt get my plates and couldt prove that I was the guy he saw I didnt get the ticket. Thank God for that law.

K
That is what I am relying on to win this case.

Erik
Old 07-31-2001, 09:03 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Good luck Erik
Let's make it 5-0 ! (no pun intended)

BTW- Small town cops are sneaky , especially dirty jersey.
Old 07-31-2001, 09:41 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

sidemarkers?

(Double Fines)
(Double Fines)

Soon to add

Thanks,
Erik

You got a ticket for sidemarkers? Are they illegal or something? Tons of Audis and VWs amongst other cars have them stock
Old 07-31-2001, 09:49 AM

Sidemarker lights must be yellow.
Old 07-31-2001, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by medicsonic
Sidemarker lights must be yellow.
Yeah mine were clear and always on/blink when I turn. I still won though because signal lights, in NJ need to be amber (Yellow) or clear. I think they ment to say clear glass but yellow lights...but they didn't.

Erik
Old 07-31-2001, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl
Good luck Erik
Let's make it 5-0 ! (no pun intended)

BTW- Small town cops are sneaky , especially dirty jersey.
Thanks, Yeah I know I hate small NJ, NY towns. Although, NJ State Troopers weren't much better to me. : )

Thanks again,
Erik