4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My week didn't go to waste!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 07:39 PM

Well, I am sick with bloody chicken pox here for the past week, that's right a 21 year old man with chicken pox.
Wasted a whole week until my dad and I decided to install that Temp button in my Max. There was an option for it, but no button, so my dad drilled out a hole on the dash where it suppose to be and installed it, so my week didn't go to waste completely.
Thought I'd share it with you.

Back to being bored....
Old 07-31-2001, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by Riot^
Well, I am sick with bloody chicken pox here for the past week, that's right a 21 year old man with chicken pox.
Wasted a whole week until my dad and I decided to install that Temp button in my Max. There was an option for it, but no button, so my dad drilled out a hole on the dash where it suppose to be and installed it, so my week didn't go to waste completely.

Back to being bored....
get well soon.......
Old 07-31-2001, 08:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thought I'd share it with you. Back to being bored....
hope you get better fast.. what do you mean "temp button" i have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 07-31-2001, 09:06 PM

Like the lights on my car?
Old 07-31-2001, 09:11 PM
Granny Driven

Back to being bored....
try everything to get better because its pretty bad when it happens at older age. What is that temp sensor you talking about?
Old 07-31-2001, 10:16 PM

temp = temperature

The 98SE has an option to display outdoor temp(erature)
But for some reason it came without a button, so I made it myself.
There were numerous postings here before about that, well, just tought I's post that I made it too, feel a little proud (Although it was basically me helping my dad - he wanted to do it)

Thanks to all for the nice things!
Old 07-31-2001, 10:21 PM

grrrrrr

Originally posted by Jung918
Like the lights on my car?
Grrrrrrrrrr, Altezzass!!!
But they don't look tooooooo bad, since you have a nice car!
To own their choice is different.
If you like it, great job... not bad though!
Old 07-31-2001, 11:09 PM
RPalka

Where can I find directions on how to do the outdoor temp button mod? Will it work for a 99 SE also?

RJP

Old 08-01-2001, 06:18 AM

Originally posted by RPalka
Where can I find directions on how to do the outdoor temp button mod? Will it work for a 99 SE also?

RJP
It only works if you have the Climate Control Unit (Automatic Air conditioning). It will not work for the people who have the manual air conditioning.

PS. I hope I got all the terminology right. If not you get the idea right?
Old 08-01-2001, 06:48 AM

Hey, I have a 99 SE with the climate control with a button "AMB", which I think is ambient temperature? I thought this was for the outside temp, correct?
Old 08-01-2001, 09:14 AM
RPalka

Yes I have "climate control." However I can see an AMB light on the display but there is no button for this. Know of anywhere that I can find directions on how to do this? I would really love this feature.

Old 08-01-2001, 10:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by dvpatel99se

It only works if you have the Climate Control Unit (Automatic Air conditioning). It will not work for the people who have the manual air conditioning.

PS. I hope I got all the terminology right. If not you get the idea right?
You have to have the auto control unit with the square (I think its square) up/down buttons to get this. I have a 97 GLE with the round up/down buttons and it wouldn't work for me because there is no button hidden behind the cover to do the outside temp.
Old 08-01-2001, 12:11 PM
RPalka

I have the climate control unit with the square temperature buttons (red and blue arrows. Where is this switch hidden and how do I expose it? or how do I make my own switch?

Thanks
RJP

Old 08-01-2001, 12:43 PM

I have the climate control unit with the square temperature buttons (red and blue arrows. Where is this switch hidden and how do I expose it? or how do I make my own switch?

Thanks
RJP
RPalka: You my friend are one of the priviledged one who can do this mod. Please search for a post regarding this. There was a guy who did this. He posted the instructions too. All the best in trying to find the post.

Speedy-T:

Yes AMB is the right button. I am surprised though that you have a button. the 97s had round buttons and this mod does not work for that control unit. The 98's have the square buttons but don't have the place ofr the button. The button is actually there so all that needs to be done is to cut that plastic tab and then place a button there
Old 08-01-2001, 12:44 PM

Switching maual for Climate control

Hey everyone,
Curious as to if anyone has ever tried swapping out the manual slid bar temp control unit for one that had the Climate control digital type one. I am curious because I have the 98 SE with the manual but really like the look of my moms Digital one in her Infinity I30. If possible I wonder where you can get the digital one from? Hmm maybe her car late one night. heheh

SuDZ
Old 08-01-2001, 12:49 PM

Re: Switching maual for Climate control

Originally posted by SuDZ
Hey everyone,
Curious as to if anyone has ever tried swapping out the manual slid bar temp control unit for one that had the Climate control digital type one. I am curious because I have the 98 SE with the manual but really like the look of my moms Digital one in her Infinity I30. If possible I wonder where you can get the digital one from? Hmm maybe her car late one night. heheh

SuDZ
I think too much is involved in doing this. All the sensors etc. I have seen this question asked earlier and all the people said its not worth it to do it.
Old 08-01-2001, 12:55 PM

Speedy-T:

Yes AMB is the right button. I am surprised though that you have a button. the 97s had round buttons and this mod does not work for that control unit. The 98's have the square buttons but don't have the place ofr the button. The button is actually there so all that needs to be done is to cut that plastic tab and then place a button there
Actually, the button is there and it works. It pushes in and out. I use it to check the outside temp here in Texas. I don't think it is a modified one because it looks like the other factory buttons. Sounds like the 99 automatic climate control already has this feature.
Old 08-01-2001, 01:07 PM

here

Yes I have "climate control." However I can see an AMB light on the display but there is no button for this. Know of anywhere that I can find directions on how to do this? I would really love this feature.
1 - I would suggest doing a search on it, because many people put step by step instructions on how to do this, I even had close up pics here before. So do a search.

2 - you can do this if you have the automatic (the cool) AC unit, not the sliding one.

3 - If you DO NOT have the AMB button (which displays outside temp.) and you want to know if you have the actual sensor, take a flashlight and shine at your display, you should be able to see all the numbers and letter in the display LED kinda reflected, if you have something that says AMB in the left bottom side, then you have the option to making the button for it yourself.

4 - to be certain, I took apart my dash where the buttons are and underneath, where the AMB button is suppose to be, there was actually a hole, for the button, so I took a pen and pressed on the little rubber thingy inside (the thingy that the button pushes on) and it displaed the temperature.

5 - from here it is all up to the imagination, you can buy a new counsole for like $$$$$$$$$ to replace the one without the button, or like my dad and I you can make one for $0.99. I bought a long piece of wood, carved it to fit and put a spring in there. Drilled a hole in the dash, painted it black and now I have a button! Looks very nice too!

If you have more question, feel free to e-mail me.
Old 08-02-2001, 08:15 AM

Re: Re: Switching maual for Climate control

Originally posted by dvpatel99se

I think too much is involved in doing this. All the sensors etc. I have seen this question asked earlier and all the people said its not worth it to do it.
Yeah probably right. It was more of a curiousity thing more than anything. Well to those of you that can it seems like a cool addition.