4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

is it just me!!!!!!???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2000, 01:12 PM

i believe there is a conspiracy or something among the aftermarket manufacturer and those damn hondas and ****. i feel like the aftermarket world is ****ing ignoring our demands. whatever aftermarket parts they have for max is nothing compared to hondas and other makes. let's take for instance body kit. for the 4th gen there are only three different type of kit. 2 for 95-96 and 1 for 97-99. hondas maybe 50 different kit. how bout clears??? are they trying to play with my emotions? damn if they gonna come out with clears then come out with all 4 pieces. is this suppose to be a joke only the 2 outer pieces. and for the altezza. i've e-mailed those folks at apc for some altezza. not even one god damn reply. they claim that there are not enough demands for them. i think not. what about those damn dodge neon. i don't think there is that much demand for them and apc created the altezza for them. my list could go on and on. i'm sorry for posting this but i feel like i just had to say something if it haven't been said before. now i feel better. and also our max beat every other four door cars in our class and this is what we get in return. NO GOD DAMN RESPECT. and that is my $.02

Old 10-22-2000, 01:30 PM

If you used the same language to ask APC for a kit, I don't blame them for blowing you off. We're not the enemy, man, so save the harsh language for someone doing you wrong. Also, look at the difference between a Max and a Civic. You go out and buy a 3 year old max for $15k (or whatever), you don't have much left for mods in the case of most people. BUT, you go out and buy a 3 year old Civic for $7k and you got tons of money left to trick it out however you want. Most people are buying Maximas for daily drivers and not to mod them. We just have to be thankful that no matter what you do to a Civic, it's still a Civic (or Accord, or 626, or Prelude, or Camry, or you get the idea .....)

My $0.02.
Old 10-22-2000, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by maxrules
If you used the same language to ask APC for a kit, I don't blame them for blowing you off. We're not the enemy, man, so save the harsh language for someone doing you wrong. Also, look at the difference between a Max and a Civic. You go out and buy a 3 year old max for $15k (or whatever), you don't have much left for mods in the case of most people. BUT, you go out and buy a 3 year old Civic for $7k and you got tons of money left to trick it out however you want. Most people are buying Maximas for daily drivers and not to mod them. We just have to be thankful that no matter what you do to a Civic, it's still a Civic (or Accord, or 626, or Prelude, or Camry, or you get the idea .....)

My $0.02.
this was not meant to go agaisnt any one here. it's just that i'm the type of person who wants to be different and have a little bit of individuality. we as max owner are so limited to aftermarket parts that almost every max owner seem to have the same aftermarket stuff. well sure maybe ya'll out there might say "if u want to be different then buy some other car that no one else have" but that's not the point. i love my max and would like for it to be different from everyone else.
Old 10-22-2000, 01:51 PM

it is just you

ahahah...just kidding
we are limited to the point that every max might have the same mods...
BUT
if you got money, you could always custom mod it...
I mean there are parts that can be fitted to the max...with some modification....
just need the money or the skillz...
have you seen the Skyline body kit fitted over a max....that takes nothing much...just a lot of money
=D
when it comes down to mod....got money then it is a go

just my 2 cents..
Old 10-22-2000, 01:55 PM

Re: it is just you

Originally posted by Zprime
ahahah...just kidding
we are limited to the point that every max might have the same mods...
BUT
if you got money, you could always custom mod it...
I mean there are parts that can be fitted to the max...with some modification....
just need the money or the skillz...
have you seen the Skyline body kit fitted over a max....that takes nothing much...just a lot of money
=D
when it comes down to mod....got money then it is a go

just my 2 cents..
man if i keep on collecting everyones 2cent then i'd have enough to mod my max differently then right?=D
Old 10-22-2000, 02:03 PM
is invisible

Eh...stop complaining...

and buy a Honda.

It's not that bad...no need to get THAT worked up about it.

It's not as profitable for a company to provide for Maximas as it is Hondas (Civics). Tough ****, learn to live with it.
Old 10-22-2000, 02:10 PM

Re: Eh...stop complaining...

Originally posted by CoolMax
and buy a Honda.

It's not that bad...no need to get THAT worked up about it.

It's not as profitable for a company to provide for Maximas as it is Hondas (Civics). Tough ****, learn to live with it.
like i said i want to be different. if i would go over to honda then i would be a ****ing hypocrite. did i spell that right.
Old 10-22-2000, 03:23 PM
madduck99

Originally posted by maxrules

My $0.02.
Where can you buy a 3 year old civic for 7k?

Old 10-22-2000, 05:34 PM

i feel ya

i h8 the maxima aftermarket sh*** all r cars look the same cause there only 1 road to take. i wanna rice out my car so bad its not even funney im a indivdual in my town cause all the maxima driver here are middle age fruitcakes but i want verity like 1 piece clear front bumper pieces and tight lookin body kits with euro lights in back =] but tru tho most people drive max are over 30 (old fart no offence) but for now i want aftermarket rice products!

[Edited by max1ma97se on 10-22-2000 at 09:44 PM]
Old 10-22-2000, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by Yellowbrother
i believe there is a conspiracy or something among the aftermarket manufacturer and those damn hondas and ****. i feel like the aftermarket world is ****ing ignoring our demands. whatever aftermarket parts they have for max is nothing compared to hondas and other makes. let's take for instance body kit. for the 4th gen there are only three different type of kit. 2 for 95-96 and 1 for 97-99. hondas maybe 50 different kit. how bout clears??? are they trying to play with my emotions? damn if they gonna come out with clears then come out with all 4 pieces. is this suppose to be a joke only the 2 outer pieces. and for the altezza. i've e-mailed those folks at apc for some altezza. not even one god damn reply. they claim that there are not enough demands for them. i think not. what about those damn dodge neon. i don't think there is that much demand for them and apc created the altezza for them. my list could go on and on. i'm sorry for posting this but i feel like i just had to say something if it haven't been said before. now i feel better. and also our max beat every other four door cars in our class and this is what we get in return. NO GOD DAMN RESPECT. and that is my $.02
I agree with them. You think there's no market for the Neon? wrong. You think there's a market for the Maxima? wrong again.
Old 10-23-2000, 05:49 AM

The cars in the Max's class...

Are all grocery getters. How many parts do you see for them? The most heavily supported one is the Accord, and we probably get more parts at least for performance than they do.
When was the last time you saw a ton of aftermarket stuff for a Camry? Galant? Taurus? Think about it. If hardly anyone mods Maximas, there aren't going to be any parts because the companies can't make any money.
Old 10-23-2000, 06:55 AM

Personally, I don't think that the price of the Maxima

has anything to do with there not being any aftermarket parts...look at BMW and Mercedes, they have a huge variety of parts/tuners. It's just that the majority of Maxima drivers do seem to be (in my area anyways) in the 50+ crowd.....etc etc....I could ramble on for hours. Personally, I bought my Maxima because I needed a 4dr and in my price range, it was in my opp. the nicest car out there...power/looks/comfort all taken into consideration.
Had I been looking at spending closer to $30,000, I'd have probably bought a 97 4dr M3 over a new Maxima...but thats a whole other story alltogether....
Josh
Old 10-23-2000, 07:06 AM
The missing moderator

Re: Personally, I don't think that the price of the Maxima

Originally posted by josh95se
has anything to do with there not being any aftermarket parts...look at BMW and Mercedes, they have a huge variety of parts/tuners. It's just that the majority of Maxima drivers do seem to be (in my area anyways) in the 50+ crowd.....etc etc....I could ramble on for hours. Personally, I bought my Maxima because I needed a 4dr and in my price range, it was in my opp. the nicest car out there...power/looks/comfort all taken into consideration.
Had I been looking at spending closer to $30,000, I'd have probably bought a 97 4dr M3 over a new Maxima...but thats a whole other story alltogether....
Josh
I don't think you realize that the reason ther eis a market for Bimmers and MB is cause they are a lot more prevelant in Europe... Maxima in Europe? Yeah right, ever single review I've ever read about the MAxima in a European magazine rags the hell out of it.

There's no market for the Maxima. there's some 1000 memeber on this forum. We won't be able to support the market.

Oh, you can't buy a used civic for $7000. I am looking for a 96 hatch back. The CX new sold for $11k. nearly 5 years later, some 50k later, they are STILL $6-7k. Talk about resale value.

-Shing