4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

OBX Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 04:17 PM

Anyone rolling with OBX coilovers on their Max?
If so, how are they? How low can u go?
Thanks for any input.
Manny
Old 08-13-2001, 06:14 PM

OBX coilovers are like generic coilovers for our max...its made from a honda market company...i'd say if you want coilovers...get Ground Controls better quality and ability to change spring rates if you choose to...
Old 08-13-2001, 06:18 PM
maximaR

How Good ??

Originally posted by Gotrice4
OBX coilovers are like generic coilovers for our max...its made from a honda market company...i'd say if you want coilovers...get Ground Controls better quality and ability to change spring rates if you choose to...
How good are the ground controls ? what kind of ride ? im running on Intrax springs and stock shocks, but im going with konis soon... how would they compare ??

Old 08-13-2001, 07:51 PM

Re: How Good ??

Thanks for responding....The set up would be the OBX with tokikos.
The price of the OBX is alot more attractive that the Ground Controls.
I would imagine that the quality won't be same but hey.....
know any1 that has them?
Old 08-13-2001, 08:05 PM

I got ground control and tokico and its a little bouncy I got it lowered 2.5 inches its good lowering and raising the car all the way up when it snows and when summer comes I lower it down.
if u want best handling and dont have snow or dont drive car in snow get sprint springs with koni struts after talking to cheston he said the is best combo if u want best handling / performance.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:29 AM
maximaR

Bouncy ?

You said that Ground Control coilovers are bouncy ? that sucks. I like the way my intrax springs ride, theyre stiff as hell. So ground control is out, What about weaponR ? It snows here , sometimes , but not much , i think i might want to have the ability to raise it just in case, and also , i like the way the maxima's look slammed all the way down to the ground,,,i would probably only use that for the track though.

Old 08-14-2001, 06:36 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: Bouncy ?

Originally posted by maximaR
You said that Ground Control coilovers are bouncy ? that sucks. I like the way my intrax springs ride, theyre stiff as hell. So ground control is out, What about weaponR ? It snows here , sometimes , but not much , i think i might want to have the ability to raise it just in case, and also , i like the way the maxima's look slammed all the way down to the ground,,,i would probably only use that for the track though.
Springs aren't what make a car bouncy. Inadequate damping does. If your struts/shocks cant control the stiff springs...bounce. I've come to the conclusion that Tokicos are only adequate for stock springs, anything else is too stiff. So that leaves Konis and soon the AGXs.

Also, slammed all the way to the ground is not good for the track. For the most grip, you want to have some wheel travel. The key is well controlled wheel travel.
Old 08-14-2001, 06:56 AM
maximaR

Re: Re: Bouncy ?

Originally posted by mzmtg

Springs aren't what make a car bouncy. Inadequate damping does. If your struts/shocks cant control the stiff springs...bounce. I've come to the conclusion that Tokicos are only adequate for stock springs, anything else is too stiff. So that leaves Konis and soon the AGXs.

Also, slammed all the way to the ground is not good for the track. For the most grip, you want to have some wheel travel. The key is well controlled wheel travel.

ok , ok than. thanks . So if i went with weaponR coil overs and konis it would be about the same as my intrax with koni you think ??