4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bankston Irving/Lewisville

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 05:22 PM

I thought I should post this now before I had a chance to think it over or realize it was a bad idea.

I should be posting the happy news that I bought a 1999 SE today but I am not.

This all started last Saturday, a week and a half ago. Me and my friend went to Bankston in Irving and test drove a 1999 SE limited 5sp, I loved the car and wanted it from that point forward. I stopped looking at other cars from that time and told the salesman that I would be back to buy that car as soon as I found affordable insurance. We spoke over the phone several times following about financing, credit, insurance. So last Tuesday I find a reasonable quote for insurance. I get excited and call my salesman up. He informs me that they have sold the car and tries to pawn off several other cars that I AM NOT interested in as I tell him I only want a 5sp and I would prefer an SE. Well he tells me that he does not have that and I tell him goodbye. Several days go buy and its Friday night, I get bored and go to autonation.com (they own all of the bankston dealerships)

I am shocked to see my car listed back on their site again. I was happy but did not think it was true. It was listed at Bankston of Lewisville. So they didn't sell it to someone, they just moved it to a different dealership? Wrong.

I call up Bankston of Lewisville early Saturday morning. I get confirmation that the car is in fact still in their possession and I am more then happy about it. I wait until today, Monday, as I need a cosigner who was out of town this weekend. So I call them up Monday to ask the price, thinking maybe it is selling for even lower as it sat for over 50 days at the Irving lot. The salesman writes down all of the info, year, make, model, mileage, and tells me he will call me back, and he does. he says $13,991 is how much its selling for. I tell him thats impossible that it was selling for $15,574 at the other lot and he says they are having a blue tag special and they are taking a loss on some cars to drum up business. I am really happy now and tell him I will be there that day to buy it. Well he goes over payments with my cosigner and then when done calls me back to inform me of his error. The car is NOT selling for that price but a 97 GXE is, I tell him I ONLY want the 5sp SE. He tells me that car is listed at $19,000. I was shocked, this is the same car I test drove at their OTHER lot for $15,574. Now they want like $2,000 over blue book? I speak to several different people who also speak to their manager and they came back and told me that they will only sell the car for $16,900 or they would be losing money.

So as you can guess I feel like **** right now as this is the only car I wanted and I am also extremely ****ed for being jerked around by the dealerships. I really need a car but will never settle for something I don’t want. If I am going to be paying over $15,000 for something it will be the one I want!!!

I had to post this, I feel better now Of course I am still without a car in a city that you need one in... I needed a car over 2 weeks ago. I have not had one for 45 days.

Now they are down to $16,900 which is over $1,400 more then I was originally going to buy the car for. Bankston of Lewisville tells me they bought the car at auction... My saleman at bankston of Irving told me cars went to action after 60 days of being on the lot. So I had 10 days left... So how, if they can’t sell a car for under 16k at one dealership, do they expect to sell it for over 17k at another? I WOULD have bought that car today for $15,574

What do you think?

Alec
Old 08-13-2001, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by kaniksu
I thought I should post this now before I had a chance to think it over or realize it was a bad idea.

I should be posting the happy news that I bought a 1999 SE today but I am not.

This all started last Saturday, a week and a half ago. Me and my friend went to Bankston in Irving and test drove a 1999 SE limited 5sp, I loved the car and wanted it from that point forward. I stopped looking at other cars from that time and told the salesman that I would be back to buy that car as soon as I found affordable insurance. We spoke over the phone several times following about financing, credit, insurance. So last Tuesday I find a reasonable quote for insurance. I get excited and call my salesman up. He informs me that they have sold the car and tries to pawn off several other cars that I AM NOT interested in as I tell him I only want a 5sp and I would prefer an SE. Well he tells me that he does not have that and I tell him goodbye. Several days go buy and its Friday night, I get bored and go to autonation.com (they own all of the bankston dealerships)

I am shocked to see my car listed back on their site again. I was happy but did not think it was true. It was listed at Bankston of Lewisville. So they didn't sell it to someone, they just moved it to a different dealership? Wrong.

I call up Bankston of Lewisville early Saturday morning. I get confirmation that the car is in fact still in their possession and I am more then happy about it. I wait until today, Monday, as I need a cosigner who was out of town this weekend. So I call them up Monday to ask the price, thinking maybe it is selling for even lower as it sat for over 50 days at the Irving lot. The salesman writes down all of the info, year, make, model, mileage, and tells me he will call me back, and he does. he says $13,991 is how much its selling for. I tell him thats impossible that it was selling for $15,574 at the other lot and he says they are having a blue tag special and they are taking a loss on some cars to drum up business. I am really happy now and tell him I will be there that day to buy it. Well he goes over payments with my cosigner and then when done calls me back to inform me of his error. The car is NOT selling for that price but a 97 GXE is, I tell him I ONLY want the 5sp SE. He tells me that car is listed at $19,000. I was shocked, this is the same car I test drove at their OTHER lot for $15,574. Now they want like $2,000 over blue book? I speak to several different people who also speak to their manager and they came back and told me that they will only sell the car for $16,900 or they would be losing money.

So as you can guess I feel like **** right now as this is the only car I wanted and I am also extremely ****ed for being jerked around by the dealerships. I really need a car but will never settle for something I don’t want. If I am going to be paying over $15,000 for something it will be the one I want!!!

I had to post this, I feel better now Of course I am still without a car in a city that you need one in... I needed a car over 2 weeks ago. I have not had one for 45 days.

Now they are down to $16,900 which is over $1,400 more then I was originally going to buy the car for. Bankston of Lewisville tells me they bought the car at auction... My saleman at bankston of Irving told me cars went to action after 60 days of being on the lot. So I had 10 days left... So how, if they can’t sell a car for under 16k at one dealership, do they expect to sell it for over 17k at another? I WOULD have bought that car today for $15,574

What do you think?

Alec
Bankston sucks. My Dad bought his 2001 Frontier there and customer service totally sucked. They were supposed to do a bunch of stuff to the truck before he picked it up (bed liner and stereo stuff)they had it all day, however when we went to pick it up, the only thing that had been done was the bed. Very poor customer service, if I were you I would find another dealership.