4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Questions.....New to the forum, Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 06:53 AM

This site just boggles my mind btw, it's like a wet dream for me.

1.) I have a 95 GXE first off. Bought it used, and it has 16 inch 5 OEM 5 spokes. Everywhere I looked, including here states that the GXE does not come in that spec. Any info?

2.) Lately when accelerating I consistintly hear a muffled rapping noise coming from the front half of the car, and HP has seemed reduced lately. Any ideas?

3.) Anyone know of a good site to get a replacement mirror housing. It came with color keyed mirrors and one of this is busted badly. I have the metallic pearl paint. Nissan dealer wants an insane amout of money, and I can never seem to find a white pearl in any junkyards.

4.)I have a control module in the trunk of my car that is currently doing nothing, the guy that installed my system said that it is most likely a keyless entry system. Did my car come with a remote for the factory alarm? I don't have a digital camera for pics of this, but it is located in the trunk under the liner on the right side of the car, near the jack stowage spot.

Thanks in advance for your help, it's appreciated.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:16 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

OMG, a newbie with intelligent and articulate questions.

1. Seems that your GXE has been upgraded with SE rims, be thankful.

2. 5spd or Auto? Could be a CV joint. Have all the sevices been performed?

3. www.car-parts.com & www.copartfinder.com

4. Yes, that is for the keyless entry. If you also have variable intermittent wipers and a power drivers seat, you have the Comfort & Ocnvenience package. This also includes a keyless entry remote. You can get a new remote from a dealer or buy one off Ebay and program it yourself.

Finally, a smart Newbie!!! Where's Cheston, he needs to read this.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by mzmtg

Its a miracle!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 07:37 AM

Newbies...

Originally posted by mzmtg

1. Seems that your GXE has been upgraded with SE rims, be thankful.

2. 5spd or Auto? Could be a CV joint. Have all the sevices been performed?

3. www.car-parts.com & www.copartfinder.com

4. Yes, that is for the keyless entry. If you also have variable intermittent wipers and a power drivers seat, you have the Comfort & Ocnvenience package. This also includes a keyless entry remote. You can get a new remote from a dealer or buy one off Ebay and program it yourself.

Hey now, Be nice to the newbies. We were all there once. Welcome aboard though Rooster286. It is a great place great resources and even better people.

SuDZ
Old 08-16-2001, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by Rooster286
This site just boggles my mind btw, it's like a wet dream for me.

2.) Lately when accelerating I consistintly hear a muffled rapping noise coming from the front half of the car, and HP has seemed reduced lately. Any ideas?
One, that's just disgusting, clean your hands before you get out of the car.

Secondly, check the integrity of yur Y-Pipe connection (what most car people call the downpipe). The flange on the front rusts and gets loose, causing a leak sometimes. Do you hear the noise when near redline or around bumpy turns? I would say that if you said yes to these, then that could be a culprit. Otherwise get a 60K service done.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:50 AM

Re: Newbies...

Originally posted by SuDZ

Hey now, Be nice to the newbies. We were all there once. Welcome aboard though Rooster286. It is a great place great resources and even better people.

SuDZ
No Harm meant to the New Guy, Its just a good thing when you come in with some good thoughts, instead of blurting Gibberish
Old 08-16-2001, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the compliment

I am an experienced forum *****, just not this one!

In response to your question, I do have the C&C package evidently, as I have power seating and intermittent wipers. I do have the 16' 5 spokes, but I was unaware that it couldn't be optioned up. Personally I love them, and don't really desire anything more at the moment, I just plan on slowly putting in upgrades to the suspension and intake. I just recently bought a FTSB based on the glowing reviews I found here (I.E. I found this site yesterday at work, and it made me waste 5 hours of my time and 65.00 on the FTSB) But if it helps the suspension as much as everyone says, it's well worth the money to me.

As for the CV joint, I don't think it's that. I've been getting stalls when putting the car into gear lately. I'm not running low on RPM's, as it's idleing around 800-1000. It just dies out. I had the left CV blow out on me, and this is a different noise. Right now it kinda sound like a pebble in a tin can. And i never get it when I am turning, like i did with the bum CV. Only on accel. I changed my fuel filter about 5 months ago(what a pain in the ***!) and religiously change my oil every 2500 miles. The car has 91,000 miles on it right now, I've had it since 58,000 and only thing I've ever had die on me was the starter, and the CV joint.

I don't know if I'm giving you guys enough info, if I'm not, let me know and give some idea on what you want.

(p.s. I also figured out that damned pesky tranny shudder that i've been having....glad to hear it's fairly commmon!)
Old 08-16-2001, 08:08 AM

Re: Re: Newbies...

Originally posted by gtr_rider

No Harm meant to the New Guy, Its just a good thing when you come in with some good thoughts, instead of blurting Gibberish
Yeah I know I was just joking with ya.

Later

SuDZ
Old 08-16-2001, 08:09 AM

Go here and check the ECU. vbxmaxima.8m.com/ecu.html . These symptoms could be caused by the knock sensor. The Knock Sensor will NOT set off the Check Engine Light by itself, but will show a code if you do the diagnostic. If you get a 0304 code, then the knock sensor is at fault.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: Newbies...

Yeah I know I was just joking with ya.

Later

SuDZ
I know Just another way to spam
Old 08-16-2001, 08:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies...

Originally posted by gtr_rider

I know Just another way to spam
HeHe Just another way to get yourself one post closer to another level?

SuDZ
Old 08-16-2001, 08:21 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

(p.s. I also figured out that damned pesky tranny shudder that i've been having....glad to hear it's fairly commmon!)
Try switching to a synthetic or synth. blend trans. fluid. Does wonders for the shift. I use Penzoil Synthetic Blend and it makes for a world of difference.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:26 AM

Red Line

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

Try switching to a synthetic or synth. blend trans. fluid. Does wonders for the shift. I use Penzoil Synthetic Blend and it makes for a world of difference.
Lots of people recommend the red line tranny fluid. I have not put it in yet but it is supposed to make a big difference. I think it does not come cheao though. I dont know if you have a 5 speed or not but the biggest difference I would imagine comes in the 5 speed.

SuDZ
Old 08-16-2001, 08:33 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: Red Line

Lots of people recommend the red line tranny fluid. I have not put it in yet but it is supposed to make a big difference. I think it does not come cheao though. I dont know if you have a 5 speed or not but the biggest difference I would imagine comes in the 5 speed.

SuDZ
Auto trans. I've heard the same about the Red Line, the Penzoil is only 2 bucks a qt. or something like that. Did make a very noticible difference. I suppose if your going to run the max hard you probably would be better off with the Red Line full synthetic.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:35 AM

Oops, btw i have an Auto Trans
Old 08-16-2001, 08:38 AM

That pipe idea is a good one, someone told me to check the pipe and the catalytic converter for rust or cracks....I just need to jack it up and take a look. It'll give me a good excuse to finally upgrade my exhaust if it is

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2001, 08:46 AM

Best type

That pipe idea is a good one, someone told me to check the pipe and the catalytic converter for rust or cracks....I just need to jack it up and take a look. It'll give me a good excuse to finally upgrade my exhaust if it is

Thanks!
Those are the best type of Excuses.

SuDZ