4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Quick flywheel question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 12:14 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

I'm going to install the new Quaife ATB differential early next week, using the opportunity to put in HD mounts and a JWT one-side-metal clutch, but also wanted to put in a lightened flywheel.

Have to do some accelerated research on this, and would appreciate any recommendations for about an 11 pound flywheel and where I'm like to find it in stock (to order/ship today). I don't mean this in a mean-spirited way, but someone other than Stillen. Have never put one of these in my car, or sold them through Cattman Performance, so I really need something to base a purchase decision on.

Any and all recommendations (AND WARNINGS!) appreciated, either back to this thread, or privately to me at cattmanperformance@earthlink.net. Need those as soon as is convenient.

Thanks very much,

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance
Old 09-14-2001, 01:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Cattman
I'm going to install the new Quaife ATB differential early next week, using the opportunity to put in HD mounts and a JWT one-side-metal clutch, but also wanted to put in a lightened flywheel.

Have to do some accelerated research on this, and would appreciate any recommendations for about an 11 pound flywheel and where I'm like to find it in stock (to order/ship today). I don't mean this in a mean-spirited way, but someone other than Stillen. Have never put one of these in my car, or sold them through Cattman Performance, so I really need something to base a purchase decision on.

Any and all recommendations (AND WARNINGS!) appreciated, either back to this thread, or privately to me at cattmanperformance@earthlink.net. Need those as soon as is convenient.

Thanks very much,

Brian C. Catts
Cattman Performance
I am afraid Stillen is the only place that I know of that whould possibly have one in stock. They often have a waiting list on them there too. I checked out ptuning.com for you but they do not carry any flwheels{I thought they did}. If your order was not in such a rush I am sure places like Avalon racing etc. whould have them. I personaly have a Alluminum flywheel and question if it was really worth $500. It defiantly helps, but I don't know... It's kinda expensive.
Old 09-14-2001, 02:35 PM

Difference?

Originally posted by emax95
I personaly have a Alluminum flywheel and question if it was really worth $500. It defiantly helps, but I don't know... It's kinda expensive.
What kind of differences did you notice?

SuDZ
Old 09-14-2001, 03:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Difference?

Originally posted by SuDZ

What kind of differences did you notice?

SuDZ
It makes the car rev up quicker and it should add a few more HP to the wheels. It's advantages are simular a UDP but more notacible.
Old 09-14-2001, 06:14 PM

I notice *Unorthodox Racing* offers a lightweight [5-lbs.] aluminum flywheel. How about that? Do you think they'd keep one in-stock? Might be worth a try...