4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 12:19 PM

Need Help

I am going to attempt to install a CD changer in my 98 max this weekend but am not sure how to get to the back of the head unit. I understand its just a matter of popping a couple of the plastic facings off and then unscrwwing the head unit. I would like to have a picture of the whole thing if anyone has one...this leads to my question. Does anyone have an electronic copy of the dash area of the max which describes how it comes apart (diagram from the repair manual would be nice). If anyone can help I would appreciate it greatly. I really dont want to start prying on things without knowing how it all comes together.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2001, 12:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

1) Next time, be a little bit more descriptive in your subject. "Need help installing CD changer in 95" is a lot more descriptive than just "Need help".

2) Try these sites:
http://carstereohelp.com/nissan.htm
http://www.installdr.com/

3) When in doubt, search.
Old 09-20-2001, 12:42 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Just did mine a month ago

Install Dr. has a great section of removing the unit from the dash. Get on that website and print it out. I ran the control wire up around the back of the glove box, down the kick plate on the side of the passenger compartment, then just pop off the door kickplates both front and rear, pull the rug away and run the control wire under the rug right in the corner. Go all the way to the back seat, then come up just under the side of the back seat, pull the back of the back seat just enough to push the control wire back behind it. Go in your trunk and look around in the openings near the right side. There are some openings that you can stuff you hand in and feel around for that wire, when you get it, pull it through. Just stuff any excess behind the seat. Next mount the changer from the rear deck, plug it in and enjoy. Total time to install is about an hour.
Old 09-20-2001, 12:56 PM

Re: Just did mine a month ago

Thanks alot....I was wondering where I should run the wire. Hey did you buy the CD changer Vinipux was selling? If so, how is it, you happy?

Thanks Again

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Install Dr. has a great section of removing the unit from the dash. Get on that website and print it out. I ran the control wire up around the back of the glove box, down the kick plate on the side of the passenger compartment, then just pop off the door kickplates both front and rear, pull the rug away and run the control wire under the rug right in the corner. Go all the way to the back seat, then come up just under the side of the back seat, pull the back of the back seat just enough to push the control wire back behind it. Go in your trunk and look around in the openings near the right side. There are some openings that you can stuff you hand in and feel around for that wire, when you get it, pull it through. Just stuff any excess behind the seat. Next mount the changer from the rear deck, plug it in and enjoy. Total time to install is about an hour.
Old 09-20-2001, 12:59 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: Re: Just did mine a month ago

Originally posted by csslll007
Thanks alot....I was wondering where I should run the wire. Hey did you buy the CD changer Vinipux was selling? If so, how is it, you happy?

Thanks Again

No I got it off E-bay. Somebody said a cd changer from a guy on here could not play cdr's not sure if thats true or not. Mine plays them. I think I got it for 200 bucks on e-bay. Nice unit, comes with everything and a 3 year warranty too.
Old 09-20-2001, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the links, they look very helpful. Oh, I usually include a very descriptive subject but I find less people read my posts when I get descriptive. I thought general would get people looking and hopefully helping. Anyway, thanks again

QUOTE]Originally posted by clee130
1) Next time, be a little bit more descriptive in your subject. "Need help installing CD changer in 95" is a lot more descriptive than just "Need help".

2) Try these sites:
http://carstereohelp.com/nissan.htm
http://www.installdr.com/

3) When in doubt, search.
[/QUOTE]