4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Just How Much Hp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 02:37 PM

Just How Much Hp?

I have a 5-speed stock maxima se (1997) and just bought a cattman Y-pipe (not the S.S) a B-pipe from stillen and a stillen exhaust, not to mention a drop in K+N filter. I also popped the glass out of the CAT. Dont tell! Anyway, i was wondering what kind of HP i will get once everything is installed, and any idea on 1/4 mile times?
Old 09-22-2001, 02:54 PM

I have just about everything you have: 97 SE 5-speed Stillen 2-piece y-pipe, intake, RT cat, Courtesy B-pipe, 5th gen muffler, and UDP. I have yet to dyno, but I'm guess I have around 180-185 hp and 205 ft-lbs of torque. I have just about everthing he has, with the addition of the RT cat and my 5th gen muffler should give me less high-end horsepower, but a lot more low-end torque (5th gen muffler has good back-pressure). These figures are of course at the wheel. Here is a another person's profile with similar mods:

MadMax (1997 Nissan Maxima SE 5-spd, Mods: Cone intake, UR Pulley, Cattman SS y-pipe, Courtesy B-pipe, Magnaflow muffler): 182.9hp, 198.7 torque. (corrected, uncorrected was 189hp)

I feel a lot more power than stock, however you get used to it and the car doesn't seem so hot anymore. Go test drive a used stock Maxima, and you'll appreciate your mods a lot more again.