4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anybody use Warpspeed Carsound Cat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 02:15 PM

Anybody use Warpspeed Carsound Cat?

I know most people use the Random Cat but I saw Warpspeed offers a Carsound high flow cat for $110. I'm just curious if anyone has this and their thoughts.
Old 10-03-2001, 02:59 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Anybody use Warpspeed Carsound Cat?

never even heard of it until now
Old 10-03-2001, 04:28 PM

WSP Carsound cat.

We have been offering this cat. for about 6 months, this has been hashed over on the forum several times. Dallas and I dyno tested it head to head against the RT cat. At 5,600 RPMs there was a 1 h/p difference in favor of the RT.. You pay alot for the RT name, just like Greddy, Stillen, etc. We think this is a very good buy. People often do the knee jerk reaction, just plop down the extra $90 and get little if any extra gain for it. Dallas and I are currently working on opening our line up to many other import/domestic cars. Call us if you are interested, or if you have ideas of cars you would like added.

Dan WSP
Old 10-03-2001, 07:36 PM

Re: WSP Carsound cat.

Originally posted by Dan 93 SE
We have been offering this cat. for about 6 months, this has been hashed over on the forum several times. Dallas and I dyno tested it head to head against the RT cat. At 5,600 RPMs there was a 1 h/p difference in favor of the RT.. You pay alot for the RT name, just like Greddy, Stillen, etc. We think this is a very good buy. People often do the knee jerk reaction, just plop down the extra $90 and get little if any extra gain for it. Dallas and I are currently working on opening our line up to many other import/domestic cars. Call us if you are interested, or if you have ideas of cars you would like added.

Dan WSP
can you put together a SS exhaust for a 97 max? can i have a borla muffler custom installed? how about flowmaster or something even more free flowing? i need an aggressive exhaust note.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:45 PM

WSP B-pipe?

Hey VQdriver. We will be releasing in about 2 weeks our new 304SS b-pipe. Mandrel bent,2.5" 16 gage, not that flimsy stuff others are made of.Cad. drawings done, prototype made. Dallas and I have set price at under $200.I would e-mail Dallas or call him. If you live near Arkansas he may be able to do the install now that hes just about done with the shop. Bender in, hoist installed, just working at insulating and organizing at present. BTW any muffler shop can do the install. We make all our products with the "DO it your selfer" in mind. All of our Jeep systems can be installed easily if you have mod. mechanical abilities. I will make a posting when we actually have our hands on production pieces. Thanks for the interest.

Dan WSP
Old 10-03-2001, 07:51 PM

Re: WSP B-pipe?

Hey VQdriver. We will be releasing in about 2 weeks our new 304SS b-pipe. Mandrel bent,2.5" 16 gage, not that flimsy stuff others are made of.Cad. drawings done, prototype made. Dallas and I have set price at under $200.I would e-mail Dallas or call him. If you live near Arkansas he may be able to do the install now that hes just about done with the shop. Bender in, hoist installed, just working at insulating and organizing at present. BTW any muffler shop can do the install. We make all our products with the "DO it your selfer" in mind. All of our Jeep systems can be installed easily if you have mod. mechanical abilities. I will make a posting when we actually have our hands on production pieces. Thanks for the interest.

Dan WSP
what about a muffler!? your products always sound good to me.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:58 PM

Muffler

Dallas is working with a new whole saler on the mufflers. We will be trying out a few different brands. So many things to check on. Again, if your interested e-mail him. Dallas has had soooo many mufflers on his Jeep, Corvette, and Dodge truck, I can't keep track. Is there a thing known as a "muffler fetish"? If so he has it. bmfjeep@direcpc.com
Keep in mind his computer crashed today and hes scrambling to get it fixed.

Dan WSP
Old 10-03-2001, 09:02 PM

Dan WSP
Cool. Yeah, I can use that money elsewhere. So this is a complete bolt on part, right? I am considering getting a new cat since I'll be taking the old one off to install my short-shift kit.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2001, 09:09 PM

Car Sound cat.

Yes, she will bolt right up. Gaskets included. See install instructions at our web site. If you really need her quick call 1-866-801-9338,, talk to Dallas personally. We designed them to be able to be installed in your back yard.

Dan WSP
Old 10-04-2001, 06:35 PM

Dan,

What was the gain for the Warpspeed?

How much would I expect to pay for installation?

Thanks,

Chip
Old 10-04-2001, 06:45 PM

Carsound Cat.

I can't actually say how much h/p was gained because when Dallas and I dynod my Maxima, I had already put the RT cat on it about a month earlier and threw away the OE one. People on this forum such as Jeff92SE, and others believe that you probably won't gain all that much. I think on the RT site they say "Up to 7 h/p", My guess is 2-3, and probably on the high end.If money is tight, do the CAI and Y-pipe first.These mods are very productive for unleashing H/P. Install of the Carsound isn't tough at all. Getting off your rusty old bolts is probably the headest thing. My guess if your mechanic can't do it in about 10 Min, you should be looking for a different mechanic.Hope this helps.

Dan WSP
Old 10-04-2001, 06:50 PM

Re: Carsound Cat.

I can't actually say how much h/p was gained because when Dallas and I dynod my Maxima, I had already put the RT cat on it about a month earlier and threw away the OE one. People on this forum such as Jeff92SE, and others believe that you probably won't gain all that much. I think on the RT site they say "Up to 7 h/p", My guess is 2-3, and probably on the high end.If money is tight, do the CAI and Y-pipe first.These mods are very productive for unleashing H/P. Install of the Carsound isn't tough at all. Getting off your rusty old bolts is probably the headest thing. My guess if your mechanic can't do it in about 10 Min, you should be looking for a different mechanic.Hope this helps.

Dan WSP
dan, give me a complete rundown on a complete catback system plus the carsound cat! i want an aggressive sounding exhaust that's cost effective. otherwise i'm gonna go with the greddy$$$.
Old 10-04-2001, 07:17 PM

WSP Cat back

VQdriver did you see my posting from last night? Our B-pipe will be out in about 2 weeks. You could get our 304SS b-pipe,16 gage, mandrel bent and a Carsound cat for $300 and put on muffler of your choice.We will offer optional resonator. Deciding which mufflers to sell is hard because every one has their own idea of how they want to sound. You could talk to Dallas as he has the contacts that manufacture several brands, or buy our system and add your own muffler. Appreciate the interest. We will post when we finally get our hands on the b-pipe.

Dan WSP
Old 10-04-2001, 10:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: WSP Cat back

VQdriver did you see my posting from last night? Our B-pipe will be out in about 2 weeks. You could get our 304SS b-pipe,16 gage, mandrel bent and a Carsound cat for $300 and put on muffler of your choice.We will offer optional resonator. Deciding which mufflers to sell is hard because every one has their own idea of how they want to sound. You could talk to Dallas as he has the contacts that manufacture several brands, or buy our system and add your own muffler. Appreciate the interest. We will post when we finally get our hands on the b-pipe.

Dan WSP
Great info Dan. I was wondering if you will have a B-pipe available for a 5th gen soon? I have to start modding all over again since I am getting a 02 max in 2 weeks.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2001, 05:25 AM

WSP 5th gen b-pipe

emax95 We will add the 5th gen eventually. I am finding out that ideas take longer than you think. We should be able too once our new Jeep systems are in and the next batch of CAIs arrive. I would say to e-mail me in several weeks, just to remind me. I will write down your idea in my planner book. BTW a book with lots of new items/ideas to work on.Lets just say its going to be a busy year at WSP.

Dan