4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

The Sarona Kit is Finally on

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 06:23 PM

The Sarona Kit is Finally on

The sarona body kit has finaly been installed on my car. The nightmare is now over and the kit is looking very good. All and all i am pleased with the look and prefer it over stillen however it is not worth the money. Basically what the shop had to do was 5 hours og boding sanding and painting. The pieces were shipped to me right out of a cheap molding machine, there was also a piece floating around in the box. The install took 2 men 7 hours, they will not tell me the details of what they had to do just said it was the hardest kit they have ever seen to install. It was like modifying another body kit to fit my maxima. Of course i call sarona and they say this is impossible and everone on the maxima.org forum has had no problems. They told me that Shadow's kit fit perfectly. Well im finally done with them but i would not recomend sarona. The price to install the kit was 930$ however my dad pulling some strings with getting his volvo repaired there for 3000 dollars of body work got the guy down to 500 cash. I will hopefully i will have my camara tomorrow and i will post pictures of what it looks like on a black maxima. i will keep everyone posted.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Administrator

pics please
Old 10-15-2001, 06:37 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by SprintMax
pics please
Sprintmax, those are absolutely the ugliest peice-of-**** hubcap/wheels I have ever seen. In no instance did I find those attractive/acceptable. I pray to God you never ride around with those nasty things on, as they are an imbarrassement to anyone who has decent taste in cars in general.
Old 10-15-2001, 06:46 PM

are thosejust stock GXE rims?
Old 10-15-2001, 07:10 PM

Re: The Sarona Kit is Finally on

They said my kit fit perfectly? Oh my god...I'm going to have to call those b@stards tomorrow. My kit was the biggest piece of **** body kit ever. It's already cracked, bunch of liars. You guys all know how my kit fit. I can pull that post back up if someone hasn't seen it yet, but the problems numbered in the dozens. I only listed the major ones. How can they say my kit fit perfectly? I just never bothered calling them to b!tch, I may do that now though. Funny how your body shop guys said the same thing mine did about how installing the kit was like custom fitting another car's kit onto the car.

The only reason I'm even pursuing getting my own body kits made is that the Sarona kit was so bad. I don't think it would be too hard to compete with them in this market. If they made a nice looking kit, do you think I would even bother?

Originally posted by MAXEJA
The sarona body kit has finaly been installed on my car. The nightmare is now over and the kit is looking very good. All and all i am pleased with the look and prefer it over stillen however it is not worth the money. Basically what the shop had to do was 5 hours og boding sanding and painting. The pieces were shipped to me right out of a cheap molding machine, there was also a piece floating around in the box. The install took 2 men 7 hours, they will not tell me the details of what they had to do just said it was the hardest kit they have ever seen to install. It was like modifying another body kit to fit my maxima. Of course i call sarona and they say this is impossible and everone on the maxima.org forum has had no problems. They told me that Shadow's kit fit perfectly. Well im finally done with them but i would not recomend sarona. The price to install the kit was 930$ however my dad pulling some strings with getting his volvo repaired there for 3000 dollars of body work got the guy down to 500 cash. I will hopefully i will have my camara tomorrow and i will post pictures of what it looks like on a black maxima. i will keep everyone posted.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:18 PM

Re: Re: The Sarona Kit is Finally on

I will probably be painting piopremier's kit soon. i will need to put about tow gallons of primer on the damn thing. I cant belive someone would sell a kit like that. Piopremier has done a ton of work to try and get it to fit better. I am so afraid that the paint is going to chip or something in about 6 months when the kit starts cracking.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: The Sarona Kit is Finally on

That's what I'm afraid of too. My friend basically told me he could guaranty all the paint on the body of the car, but he takes no responsibility for this kit.

I just emailed them regarding this situation. I will call them tomorrow. This is just too much.

Originally posted by 98MAX
I will probably be painting piopremier's kit soon. i will need to put about tow gallons of primer on the damn thing. I cant belive someone would sell a kit like that. Piopremier has done a ton of work to try and get it to fit better. I am so afraid that the paint is going to chip or something in about 6 months when the kit starts cracking.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: The Sarona Kit is Finally on

Originally posted by Shadow
The only reason I'm even pursuing getting my own body kits made is that the Sarona kit was so bad. I don't think it would be too hard to compete with them in this market. If they made a nice looking kit, do you think I would even bother?
Yes Shadow - use that anger as a drive to create for us a better kit
Old 10-16-2001, 07:50 AM
Maxima Princess

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
are thosejust stock GXE rims?
Yes. I had those on my car until I got smart.......
Old 10-16-2001, 08:25 AM

Glad you guys posted this...I was considering the Sarona rear bumper..so how long do u think Shadow it would take u to develop a kit...I'll be in for sure..my bumper has a small dent and getting that fix is just as much as a aftermarket bumper so Im on the market...but if nothing comes up I guess i gotta do the Sarona thing...but maybe not as bad since im only getting ther rear due to having the stillen front lip already
Old 10-16-2001, 08:29 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: I guess its my turn to tell my sarona story

They said my kit fit perfectly? Oh my god...I'm going to have to call those b@stards tomorrow. My kit was the biggest piece of **** body kit ever. It's already cracked, bunch of liars. You guys all know how my kit fit. I can pull that post back up if someone hasn't seen it yet, but the problems numbered in the dozens. I only listed the major ones. How can they say my kit fit perfectly? I just never bothered calling them to b!tch, I may do that now though. Funny how your body shop guys said the same thing mine did about how installing the kit was like custom fitting another car's kit onto the car.

I knew this was coming... the only thing that actually fit are the side skirts
My bodyshop had to cut the rear piece to make it fit and mold the rear piece on b/c the Sarona Bumper is short on 97-99 Maximas (95-96 Maxima have 'shorter' rear section). Also, the front Sarona bumper was not designed to fit the factory reinforcement beam WTF? Both my bodyshop and I agreed on that there's no way I'm going to drive around w/o a reinforcement beam to accommodate Sarona's poor design on their front bumper. They modified the reinforcement beam to make room for the Sarona bumper.

AnGe
Old 10-16-2001, 08:46 AM

Shadow your car is bad azzzz nicest max in my opinion

Dam that kit looks very nice but I cant believe these stupid Muth.... would make such a ****ty quality kit. I was considering the rear for my 98 max but hell I just keep my stillen and invest that grand on something else.
Old 10-16-2001, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Sarah99GXE

Yes. I had those on my car until I got smart.......
are you saying i am dumb
Old 10-16-2001, 09:00 AM

[shameless plug]

Wow... a kit made with such poor quality. Sounds like something Maxima Products Review would like to hear about. I know Shadow already has posted up a review complaining about the kit. Maybe the rest of you would like to speak up as well?

[/shameless plug]
Old 10-16-2001, 09:23 AM

The rear bumper was the worst fitting piece. At first my friend told me that the front was so horrible, etc. Then the next day he tried fitting the back and said it was so much worse. The front it too short, and none of the mounting points fit. But the rear had to be cut apart and remolded. Plus it's already cracked.

As for the kit I'm working on, there is no real timetable yet. Still working on it.

Originally posted by RICOiz704
Glad you guys posted this...I was considering the Sarona rear bumper..so how long do u think Shadow it would take u to develop a kit...I'll be in for sure..my bumper has a small dent and getting that fix is just as much as a aftermarket bumper so Im on the market...but if nothing comes up I guess i gotta do the Sarona thing...but maybe not as bad since im only getting ther rear due to having the stillen front lip already
Old 10-16-2001, 09:45 AM

As for the kit I'm working on, there is no real timetable yet. Still working on it.

Need help to mock something up, I'll do a little photoshopping today.

Got out earlier from school
Old 10-16-2001, 11:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

GTR_RIDER!

Yo bud, when are you going to get your page put up showcasing your photoshop skillz? teehehehe, if you had real skillz you could slam a maxima with MS PAINT!

-replicant

ps seriously, i look forward to seeing your page with the photoshop'd cars. and yes i am a total newbie, with no maxima
Old 10-16-2001, 01:41 PM

the rear bumper piece fits so oddly on my car, hopefully when my dad gets home with it he will have the digital camara so i can show everyone what to watch out for and what it looks like. All and all it makes the max look like its a tough car. The max in my opinion has always been tough this just backs it up with the looks a little more. Shadow - def. ***** them out, i called up pretending to be another customer with a maxima explaining the same problems, he said know one has complained yet. Obviously a lie, because i called up last week ans told them what i was going through. Sarona people are def. just really sleezy.
Old 10-16-2001, 03:36 PM

Re: Re: I guess its my turn to tell my sarona story

not trying to take advantage of other ppz misiries but does this mean that the kit, at least the rear end fits on a 95-96 without much trouble. i have a 95 and all i want is the rear. thanks....
Old 10-16-2001, 03:43 PM

Re: GTR_RIDER!

Originally posted by replicant
Yo bud, when are you going to get your page put up showcasing your photoshop skillz? teehehehe, if you had real skillz you could slam a maxima with MS PAINT!

-replicant

ps seriously, i look forward to seeing your page with the photoshop'd cars. and yes i am a total newbie, with no maxima
oh yea forgot about that, here you go.

Photoshops
Old 10-16-2001, 05:17 PM

this is not even believeable! my dad 1/4 mile from the shop gets into a fender bender with the front of the car, shattered the bumper with about a 3 mph hit, he brought it right back to the shop and they are working on it now!
Old 10-16-2001, 07:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: I guess its my turn to tell my sarona story

No, the back bumper still won't fit. Not only was it a little short, but it is too wide, curved wrong, mounting points are off, and some other stuff. Unless you have a Maxima from some fantasy world where Sarona kits fit, it's not going to be any better for your '95-96.
Originally posted by riggy
not trying to take advantage of other ppz misiries but does this mean that the kit, at least the rear end fits on a 95-96 without much trouble. i have a 95 and all i want is the rear. thanks....
Old 10-17-2001, 06:19 PM

shadow do you think you could hook my up with a pic that shows where the back bumper connects near the wheel well. that would be great so i could compare mine to yours. thanks
Old 10-17-2001, 09:15 PM

this really makes me think twice, i guess i will be waiting on shadw, btw gtr nice page, i am "just a usual drop" haha, you shoulda put the orange pic in there, that would be tight
Old 10-17-2001, 09:41 PM

Here are all the pics I have right now. www.ap-signworks.com/maxima

If there's nothing there that you need, I can take more pics. Let me know.

shadow do you think you could hook my up with a pic that shows where the back bumper connects near the wheel well. that would be great so i could compare mine to yours. thanks
Old 10-18-2001, 08:14 AM
Lives in a 350Z

I still say GO STILLEN!
Old 10-20-2001, 09:03 PM

well this is the pic i will have more tomorrow this was the best one i could get so far....
Old 10-20-2001, 09:04 PM

So you can look like everybody else's car? Stillen's not bad, but everybody and their brother, sister, grandma and 2nd cousin has a Stillen kit. What's the point? Plus it's not like the Stillen kit fits either. It's just much smaller and made of urethane so it's less noticable.

Originally posted by maximumsport
I still say GO STILLEN!
Old 10-20-2001, 11:17 PM
JET Speed Lab

pics! even though i've seen it before.
Old 10-21-2001, 01:49 AM

me like

good job, any more pic
Old 10-21-2001, 04:20 PM

both my Stillen SMX grille and front lip fit perectly fine, NO fittment issues at all!!

As for Sarona, its just plain NASTY!!!!
Old 10-21-2001, 04:47 PM

More pIcs!!!
Old 10-21-2001, 06:58 PM

bahhhhh
Old 10-21-2001, 07:01 PM

more
Old 10-21-2001, 07:03 PM

Old 10-21-2001, 07:09 PM

and then some more
Old 10-21-2001, 07:10 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

i like your pictures.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:15 PM

thanks im thinking of putting some mesh in this
Old 10-21-2001, 10:08 PM

looks very good. how much did it cost to paint/install/buy the kit ?
Old 10-21-2001, 10:21 PM

Cute Porsche, is it an S?

Erik

Quick Reply: The Sarona Kit is Finally on