4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

my intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:39 PM

my intake

Last edited by BiZzL3; 10-17-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 PM

More close-up pictures and details please...one picture isn't good enough.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

better?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:52 PM

is it just me or ..is there no cai to fit my 99 max???? i ordered 2 now and both same fit...i sold the other ...?...now i have this...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 PM

Does not look like an improvement to me??
Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
i has college

Looks like a ghettofied, extended version of the Injen... did you give up on installing the PRCAI correctly or something?

Oh, and connect that breather hose. You're sucking dirty air into the crankcase AND the engine with that hose disconnected.

And don't call it an "AEM CAI". It's eBay's finest. You're not impressing anyone. End rant...

Last edited by EnervinE; 10-17-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM

i know ...like i sead ..its the best i could do with the one they sent me.. you know anywhere to get one to fit?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 PM

You need to remove the bottom half of the stock air box. Then you need to use a hole saw and make a 3" or so hole in the inner fender so you can put the filter behind the fender liner. The kit you have should work you just need to make the hole.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:01 PM
i has college

It fits. You have to drill a 3" hole in the engine bay. Here's it installed correctly:

Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM

oooooo....i guess that might fit...hmm never even thought of that... thx
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by EnervinE
Looks like a ghettofied, extended version of the Injen... did you give up on installing the PRCAI correctly or something?

Oh, and connect that breather hose. You're sucking dirty air into the crankcase AND the engine with that hose disconnected.

And don't call it an "AEM CAI". It's eBay's finest. You're not impressing anyone. End rant...
wait till tommorow ill take a pic of the AEM branded in the side...
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 PM
i has college

Originally Posted by BiZzL3
wait till tommorow ill take a pic of the AEM branded in the side...
I wasn't aware that AEM made a PRCAI knockoff with crappy eBay welds, but you're the expert.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by EnervinE
I wasn't aware that AEM made a PRCAI knockoff with crappy eBay welds, but you're the expert.
dude sit down stop screaming at your computer....i dont care what you think it is ...the box sead AEM and so does the intake.... my question on this thread was not ..(what kind of CAI do i have?)
Old 10-17-2007, 08:44 PM

Every intake is a waste of time until u SC it....

Keem
Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 PM

Wow that's a hot Max Keem.

That intake is like a more restrictive Injen.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:54 PM

I'm at a loss for words.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Keem
Every intake is a waste of time until u SC it....

Keem

where did this guy come from? lol
badass car! time to clean the engine and upgrade that IM....
Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 PM

take the rest of that intake box out and remove the battery and tray and cut a whole right to the side of the tray.....it will fit but it will be tight. good luck!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Whatchyou say?

I know ... I have a missing bolt/nut on the MAF ... fixed after this pic taken.

this is how I ran mine ... it sits just under the trans ... and I know, some of us Orgrz don't call that a CAI ... but I do FWIW.

Just an idea of how to do the "ebay" type CAI - without cutting a hole in the fender. Also ... I used a rubber pipe clamp to connect the lower part under the MAF. Hope this might help someone .... although, I don't know who. lol

edit: btw ... I did chop the pipe at the 90 bend to put it further down

Last edited by JtzMax; 10-17-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Hammy

Is it me or do you have a hot mess in your engine bay with wires running all over the place???

Old 10-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ham1987
Is it me or do you have a hot mess in your engine bay with wires running all over the place???
I was going to say the same thing. Bizzle, your intake is a disaster. I've never seen anything like that. At least now you know how to do it properly.

And what the heck is a 'Dump valve' as stated in your sig??
Old 10-18-2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
I was going to say the same thing. Bizzle, your intake is a disaster. I've never seen anything like that. At least now you know how to do it properly.

And what the heck is a 'Dump valve' as stated in your sig??
You don't have a dump valve?!? Shoulda been your first mod!

Yeah I have no idea either
Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Hammy

^^Lmao

Old 10-18-2007, 03:13 AM

lol

[quote=tvis;6011956]You don't have a dump valve?!? Shoulda been your first mod!

lol i dont have a dump valve huh...lol do you even know what a dump valve is ... i bet your thinking of a blow off......but wait till latter today .. ill take pictures and thx for the feeback guy's ...ima re-run it now .. i update the pix.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 AM

nice car keem.As for the engine at the top,please wash it and return to stock intake.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Snypa
nice car keem.As for the engine at the top,please wash it and return to stock intake.
???....ya keem.... return to stock intake cause the way you have it hooked up looks like the super charger might be giving you forced induction

edit...nvm, just realized you are talking about blizzak and not keems engine and intake
Old 10-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Whatchyou say?

Dump valve .... you don't have no steenkin dump vavle ... LOL

Here:
Dump valve
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
• Have questions? Find out how to ask questions and get answers. •

Dump valves are fitted to the engines of (usually older) turbo charged cars and sit between the turbo outlet and the throttle body. When transitioning from a boosted state to a closed throttle state (as in between shifts), due to inertia, the turbo continues to pressurize air, but the closed throttle prevents the compressed air from entering the engine. In this case the pressure exceeds the preset spring pressure in the dump valve and the excess pressure is bled off to atmosphere.

Even with a dump valve the compressed air acts as a brake on the turbo (slowing it down), because the pressure on the backside of the turbo is at a higher pressure than on the front side (and the air actually wants to flow through the turbo backwards).

A blowoff valve is a more elegant solution to this problem by allowing the turbo to "freewheel" when the throttle is closed (equalizing the pressure on both sides of the turbo). Unlike a dump valve a blowoff valve can be used at multiple boost settings without reconfiguration.

Blowoff valves are sometimes incorrectly called dump valves because they serve a similar function, but they are very different solutions to the same problem.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Administrator

^^^^^^

lol i dont have a dump valve huh...lol do you even know what a dump valve is ... i bet your thinking of a blow off......but wait till latter today .. ill take pictures and thx for the feeback guy's ...ima re-run it now .. i update the pix.
I own 3 turbo Supras as well, so of course I know what you're referring to when you say "dump valve"

Waiting for pics.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by JtzMax

Here:
Dump valve

Dump valves are fitted to the engines of (usually older) turbo charged cars and sit between the turbo outlet and the throttle body. When transitioning from a boosted state to a closed throttle state (as in between shifts), due to inertia, the turbo continues to pressurize air, but the closed throttle prevents the compressed air from entering the engine. In this case the pressure exceeds the preset spring pressure in the dump valve and the excess pressure is bled off to atmosphere.

Even with a dump valve the compressed air acts as a brake on the turbo (slowing it down), because the pressure on the backside of the turbo is at a higher pressure than on the front side (and the air actually wants to flow through the turbo backwards).

A blowoff valve is a more elegant solution to this problem by allowing the turbo to "freewheel" when the throttle is closed (equalizing the pressure on both sides of the turbo). Unlike a dump valve a blowoff valve can be used at multiple boost settings without reconfiguration.

Blowoff valves are sometimes incorrectly called dump valves because they serve a similar function, but they are very different solutions to the same problem.
lol watch how dumb your ganna feel
Old 10-18-2007, 10:12 AM

OMFG A DUMP VALVE?????? no way bizzl3 and plz jtzmax tell me they dont call these a dump valve ...so i can post the pic of it in the box..

Last edited by BiZzL3; 10-18-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 AM

Here:
Dump valve

LOL "Blowoff valves are sometimes incorrectly called dump valves"
Old 10-18-2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by g4nismo
where did this guy come from? lol
badass car! time to clean the engine and upgrade that IM....

I know, I really do need a IM upgrade.... but can't find one....help a brotha out....

Keem
Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 AM

IM???
Old 10-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Keem
I know, I really do need a IM upgrade.... but can't find one....help a brotha out....

Keem
There's a couple in the for sale section right now.... if you're interested in a MEVI.
IM???
Intake Manifold
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM

you can find intake manifolds in the for sale section quite often now...

this exhaust dump... did it do anything significant for you?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 AM

no ...befor i started realy dumping $$ into my car i added it for sound for the summer national's (burnOut's)...SOUNDED MEAN!! lol but wasent..LOL
Old 10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Whatchyou say?

: so ... you have a trubo or an SC then????? cause your intake sure as he!! doesn't look like it at all mate. Exhaust dumps and a dump valve are two totaly different things. Don't confuse yourself or others. All you are doing with that exhaust is letting it out before the resinator / muffler. So ... you call them what you want, but the TRUE deffinition of a "dump valve" is as noted above. And ... just from the looks of it, that intake needs work. I guess it's how YOU want to do it. But ... please, don't come on the ORG and start being an azz just becasue you THINK you know things.

You'll be treated how you treat others on here ... and with that being said I'll just say .... :stfu:

Last edited by JtzMax; 10-18-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:49 PM

: so ... you have a trubo or an SC then????? cause your intake sure as he!! doesn't look like it at all mate. Exhaust dumps and a dump valve are two totaly different things. Don't confuse yourself or others. All you are doing with that exhaust is letting it out before the resinator / muffler. So ... you call them what you want, but the TRUE deffinition of a "dump valve" is as noted above. And ... just from the looks of it, that intake needs work. I guess it's how YOU want to do it. But ... please, don't come on the ORG and start being an azz just becasue you THINK you know things.

You'll be treated how you treat others on here ... and with that being said I'll just say .... :stfu:
your the one who started with me.....all im saying is it is called a dump valve ....yes a exhaust dump valve but a DUMP VALVE....okay ill be a bigger person and say sorry and thx for your input...and i know my intake is Fu**ed thats why i posted it .....so i can find out the propper way of going about fixing it....jtzmax...no more grudge
Old 10-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

your the one who started with me.....all im saying is it is called a dump valve ....yes a exhaust dump valve but a DUMP VALVE....okay ill be a bigger person and say sorry and thx for your input...and i know my intake is Fu**ed thats why i posted it .....so i can find out the propper way of going about fixing it....jtzmax...no more grudge
No offence but that isnt even close to what a dump valve is....you are not "dumping" excess exhaust but rather shortening the route the exhaust takes to get out....I would call that an exhaust cutout rather then an exhaust dump....
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by mazzivart
No offence but that isnt even close to what a dump valve is....you are not "dumping" excess exhaust but rather shortening the route the exhaust takes to get out....I would call that an exhaust cutout rather then an exhaust dump....
i so agree, but i guess he's getting SOMETHING from that setup.

Quick Reply: my intake