4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Suspension/rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 01:40 AM

Suspension/rims

I dunno if i want to lower my car anymore because I planned on getting either eibach or tein s techs, but have read some people saying taht a lowered car is a ***** in uneven/not perfect roads. Is this true? But then again the handles become What do you think .. is it worth it?

And one more question. I got stock honeycomb rims on my car and want to know if it would look goood painted bronze on my black max(don't flame if i sound ridiculous, cuz i just like the bronze on black look ) Also would a drop(eibach or tein) look horrid with stock honeycomb rims?

Last edited by psychomofo; 11-11-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Upper Midwest Wheel Whore

Go with Eiback. S Techs will be too soft of a spring making your ride harsh. Depending on your roads chances are you eill bottom out plenty of times, and cause even faster wear on other components.

As far as painting your rims, bronze should look fine. Go for it......the drop will only looki funny on stock rims when the car is slammed to the ground.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Try Eibachs, S techs are too low and too soft.

Bronze on black looks pretty good, but you generally have to have the right wheel for that...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:11 PM

i had the eibachs on my previous maxima..now i have ksports...im going back to eibachs i think...

the ride was great, and i had the stock 16's on my car...