4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

lets get this straight........

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 08:23 PM

lets get this straight........

i have been reading a lot of posts on how to make the clearence lights brighter.......well from now on clearance lights=parking lights...

now i have a 95 max and i know that when i have my headlgihts on and i turn my turn signal on the parking light on the side where my turn signal is on gets brighter......i was talking to brian v and he never knew that the 95 had that feature and the 97+ did not.....that is why i am positng this jsut to clear it up for those of you who didnt know that..........i think that is a cool feature of the 95 and i do not know why nissan didt have the ame feature for the 97+ just some info for u guys....
Old 10-24-2001, 08:26 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: lets get this straight........

yes sir you are correct. mzmtg showed me on his 95.... looks cool

i have a 97 and just shaved the *** off of the buld turned it 180 degrees and 27 watts here i come.

but you feature is cool
Old 10-24-2001, 08:27 PM

Re: Re: lets get this straight........

what do u mena by this???

the buld turned it 180 degrees and 27 watts here i come.

Originally posted by bags533

i have a 97 and just shaved the *** off of the buld turned it 180 degrees and 27 watts here i come.

but you feature is cool
Old 10-24-2001, 08:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: lets get this straight........

I've got a 95 and it's also got the 'dual-filament' parking + cornering lamp. The dimmer parking lights stay on whenever your lights are on, the MUCH brighter cornering (has a spot-light effect) lamp comes on with the turn signal.

I could be wrong, but I believe they got rid of that with the newer Max's. Curious, does your 97 Max allow you to roll down your front windows with the remote, or did they do away with that too?

As for the bulb thing, I do't know but is it possible that the same dual-filament bulb is used on non-cornering lamp equipped Max's (97+) and that reversing the bulb will use the brighter filament? You'll have to shave the locking tab off one side to be able to reverse the bulb, also I heard many people blow their fuses so it's up to you to try it.

Look at the butt end of the bulb and see if you've got 2 filaments, and if they can be reversed. Mine has both parking + cornering, so I can't verify it.

Hope I helped some way or the other.
Old 10-24-2001, 08:46 PM

Its a great feature to scare someone on the highway, when that superwhite'd light comes flickering on and the driver next to you freaks out
Old 10-24-2001, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by gtr_rider
Its a great feature to scare someone on the highway, when that superwhite'd light comes flickering on and the driver next to you freaks out
Boo

Screech ... Crash
Old 10-24-2001, 10:16 PM

look up

at the stickies. Max FAQs. There's an excellent description of what Nissan did (95/96 versus 97/98/99) to the cornering lamps written by Andi. http://web2.airmail.net/scutchen/max_faq/
Old 10-24-2001, 10:23 PM

thanx for the great replies everyone.....
Old 10-24-2001, 11:48 PM

Originally posted by bags533

but you feature is cool
thats how u do it! ok im on it
Old 10-25-2001, 03:48 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Re: Re: lets get this straight........

Originally posted by hockeyghst
what do u mena by this???

the buld turned it 180 degrees and 27 watts here i come.

well blud should be bulb. i mistyped. the bulb is a 2 filiament blub. there are 2 **** on the blub. if you file off the highest *** and insert it in the socket backwards the 2nd filiament comes on and i think it is 27 watts. so that is how i got to 27 watts here i come.

get it ... got it...good
Old 10-25-2001, 05:24 AM

Re: lets get this straight........

Originally posted by hockeyghst
i have been reading a lot of posts on how to make the clearence lights brighter.......well from now on clearance lights=parking lights...

now i have a 95 max and i know that when i have my headlgihts on and i turn my turn signal on the parking light on the side where my turn signal is on gets brighter......i was talking to brian v and he never knew that the 95 had that feature and the 97+ did not.....that is why i am positng this jsut to clear it up for those of you who didnt know that..........i think that is a cool feature of the 95 and i do not know why nissan didt have the ame feature for the 97+ just some info for u guys....
Hey i dont understand what your trying to do or make brighter. . it sounds great do you think you can expplain it a little more clearly b/c i dont know much about the headlights. . i have clear corners. . .are you making them brighter.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:49 AM

The shaving the nib off the bulb trick will not work on the '95-'96s, you have to actually rewire them.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:47 AM

im just saying that on the 95 max the corner lights(lights next to head lights) become brighter when i put the turn signal on....but my headlights need to be on......for example if my headlgiht re on and i put my left turn signal on then teh left corncer light will becoem brighter.....this does not work on 97+ and some owners of 97+ rewire there corners to become brighter......i hope i explained it a lil better this time around .....LOL

Originally posted by maxperformance

Hey i dont understand what your trying to do or make brighter. . it sounds great do you think you can expplain it a little more clearly b/c i dont know much about the headlights. . i have clear corners. . .are you making them brighter.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:43 AM

I am living proof that it DOES work on 95's

Originally posted by medicsonic
The shaving the nib off the bulb trick will not work on the '95-'96s, you have to actually rewire them.
It has been working since I found this out aS A newbie long long time ago. It may be difficult to get the bulb to stay in the socket, so wrap a piece of electric tape around it.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:23 PM

Re: I am living proof that it DOES work on 95's

One question - How do you make corner light brighter on a 95-96, can you do the "nib thing" or do you have to rewire them, and how do you do that?????
Old 10-25-2001, 09:37 PM

Re: Re: I am living proof that it DOES work on 95's

do u mena how do u make it so it stays bright??? or do u wanna make it get bright when u put the turn signal on....when u put the tunr signal on nit gets brighter.....so what exactly do u wanna do???

Originally posted by kibic
One question - How do you make corner light brighter on a 95-96, can you do the "nib thing" or do you have to rewire them, and how do you do that?????