4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What would look better ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
2nd Gen Boostinator

man flava24/7 that max is clean, is that wing carbon fiber? looks sick and flows
Old 12-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Big_E-Dog
man flava24/7 that max is clean, is that wing carbon fiber? looks sick and flows
Yup, first one ionicdynamics ever made before they went into production.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Old Maxima Legend

Old 12-22-2007, 03:19 AM

go ALL WHITE HOMIe!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
Look good Ceasar. Did you fix it yet or its still not running ?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think if its not CF you should just paint the kit white. That might be able to go with the bronze wheels- keyword might.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 305BlackMax97
For now until i choose what color im gonna do. Thats why im asking if someone could photoshop it on a white maxima if the rims look good on a white maxima then im repaint the car white.
if ur gonna do bronze wheel yo have to paint the lip kit white.. that would be sum jdm s*** righ there
Old 12-22-2007, 06:37 PM

I say paint it white. It looks really stupid if it doesn't match the car IMO. In the post with all the pics, the first car looks like a retard may have put it together (no offense if that's your car, but hey I'm entitled to my own opinion) and I didn't even notice that it had a body kit until after I got the brain fart out of my head that it gave me. And even then it looked cheap and stupid to me, along with the wasted money on paint for the trunk - is the painter colorblind? It's the exact color it isn't supposed to be. END RANT
So paint it white!!!! That second maxima is HOT!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by jaxima
I say paint it white. It looks really stupid if it doesn't match the car IMO. In the post with all the pics, the first car looks like a retard may have put it together (no offense if that's your car, but hey I'm entitled to my own opinion) and I didn't even notice that it had a body kit until after I got the brain fart out of my head that it gave me. And even then it looked cheap and stupid to me, along with the wasted money on paint for the trunk - is the painter colorblind? It's the exact color it isn't supposed to be. END RANT

You are the retard. You cannot even read what was posted about my two tone them. Its not painted dumb@ss, its CARBON FIBER.

Last edited by Flava_24/7; 12-22-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:26 PM
on this site too damn much

hahaha get em flava
Old 12-22-2007, 07:47 PM

But the key thing here is being different. Everyone has there lip kit painted the same color as the car. Now thats all good but i dont want to be like everyone else. Flava 24/7 in my opinion is unique. No one in the forums but him has everything carbon fiber.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
You are the retard. You cannot even read what was posted about my two tone them. Its not painted dumb@ss, its CARBON FIBER.

I read the TOPIC OF THE POST, looked at the pictures, and ANSWERED IT. So NO, I did not read your post. I just left out my opinion of carbon fiber. I think carbon fiber is great, and I love the way it looks, but I only like it on black or really dark grey cars. I wouldn't waste my $$ on a CF hood for a maxima though, maybe my porsche? or motorcycle parts. My old Ducati had a lot of CF on it, my R6 has some too. But, if I had a white maxima and a CF hood the hood would be painted white. Again, this is my own opinion and I don't care what you think. If it makes you upset then call your mom.

Maybe you should read my first post again where I said I'm entitled to my own opinion before you start name calling.

I know a place you can get a carbon fiber wing that gives you 15 hp that will match your trunk - let me know if you want the number.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:36 PM

Oh damn here we go!!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:49 PM

305, i say if you're gonna go with the bronze wheels, paint it white. if not, i actually like the panda look as well. if you want to different....paint it bronze??

Flava, i may have missed it....but what is the emblem on your grille?

Edit: on second thought, i tried googling a car with a bronze painted lip but didnt find anything, lol. i did manage to find a white wrx with bronze/goldish rims and a carbon fiber front lip tho.

Last edited by MaximaSpd85; 12-22-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Boosted Panda

I read the TOPIC OF THE POST, looked at the pictures, and ANSWERED IT. So NO, I did not read your post. I just left out my opinion of carbon fiber. I think carbon fiber is great, and I love the way it looks, but I only like it on black or really dark grey cars. I wouldn't waste my $$ on a CF hood for a maxima though, maybe my porsche? or motorcycle parts. My old Ducati had a lot of CF on it, my R6 has some too. But, if I had a white maxima and a CF hood the hood would be painted white. Again, this is my own opinion and I don't care what you think. If it makes you upset then call your mom.

Maybe you should read my first post again where I said I'm entitled to my own opinion before you start name calling.

I know a place you can get a carbon fiber wing that gives you 15 hp that will match your trunk - let me know if you want the number.

Appareantly you havent read sh#t because I already have the CF spoiler and my CF theme was mentioned in many other posts besides mine.
Yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but when you bash my ride then its directed towards me. If i was looking for a light weight hood to paint it would be FG not CF. As far as HP goes, Im ok in that dept. You could use the 15hp more then me, better yet save up for another bottle because when yours is empty your just another NA max cruisng the streets.
As far as CF on white cars goes, I was looking for the dramatic appearance. I didnt want a subtle look. I like being unique and standing out. When my car pulls up to a meet or a lot its an attention grabber. Thats what I was going for. Im not one to copy others and to try to be accepted.

Last edited by Flava_24/7; 12-22-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
Flava, i may have missed it....but what is the emblem on your grille?

Its an older CF type Cefiro emblem that says Maxima. There no longer available in the CF print.

Last edited by Flava_24/7; 12-22-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 PM

Appareantly you havent read sh#t because I already have the CF spoiler and my CF theme was mentioned in many other posts besides mine.
Yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but when you bash my ride then its directed towards me. If i was looking for a light weight hood to paint it would be FG not CF. As far as HP goes, Im ok in that dept. You could use the 15hp more then me, better yet save up for another bottle because when yours is empty your just another NA max cruisng the streets.
As far as CF on white cars goes, I was looking for the dramatic appearance. I didnt want a subtle look. I like being unique and standing out. When my car pulls up to a meet or a lot its an attention grabber. Thats what I was going for. Im not one to copy others and to try to be accepted.
I only know what I saw in the picture, I didn't read the signature part if that's what you mean. I also don't read much of anything on this site anymore, I haven't been here in years until a few days ago and this is my 2nd time since then. So, no I guess I didn't read sh#t did I?
Seriously...I have always loved my maxima and other ones but mine got stolen awhile back and I got it back a couple days later. I had extra money from the insurance left over so that's my excuse for the nitrous...hehehe...but I don't ever get on this site anymore. I just search it with google if I need help with something. I don't even drive my maxima very much anymore.
and I don't know the first thing about your car but I'm not judging it. If I was, it seems nice, not my cup of tea though. If you want to attract attention then that look is good. I didn't know you had "to be accepted."
I am glad that people like different things. That's what makes people unique and gives them character. I am glad you like your car man - more power to you.
But it's just one person's opinion so what does it matter.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Match it.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Boosted Panda

I only know what I saw in the picture, I didn't read the signature part if that's what you mean. I also don't read much of anything on this site anymore, I haven't been here in years until a few days ago and this is my 2nd time since then. So, no I guess I didn't read sh#t did I?
Seriously...I have always loved my maxima and other ones but mine got stolen awhile back and I got it back a couple days later. I had extra money from the insurance left over so that's my excuse for the nitrous...hehehe...but I don't ever get on this site anymore. I just search it with google if I need help with something. I don't even drive my maxima very much anymore.
and I don't know the first thing about your car but I'm not judging it. If I was, it seems nice, not my cup of tea though. If you want to attract attention then that look is good. I didn't know you had "to be accepted."
I am glad that people like different things. That's what makes people unique and gives them character. I am glad you like your car man - more power to you.
But it's just one person's opinion so what does it matter.

Fair Enough.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:16 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

If my parts werent CF Id go all white. To me the black kit on white car just makes it look cheap and unfinished, just like all the ricers out there that buy front bumpers and etc. but never paint them.
When I first began the two tone look I caught a lot of flack for it (kit), but now that its completed with the hood, trunk, pillars, and mirror covers etc. I think Im able to pull of the two tone because of the CF.

Heres some older pics of my car. I havent had a chance to take some nice newer pics. Only things that have changed really are the headlights, grill, tails, window trim and the rerouted charge pipe.

Just an FYI, the car on Ionics site is mine.
That is teh sex.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:58 PM

i think you should paint the front lip black along with your grill and invest in a carbon fiber hod later. tint the windows 5 percent and paint your wheels black or buy black r graphite wheels. I have a sterling mist maxima with 5 percent tint on the windows a black lip black grill and blacked out headlight side markers and turn signals with black wheels. I am very pleased with it and get compliments everyday with it.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:04 PM

I have 5 percent. and also Im getting r34 headlights
Old 12-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Lip kit installed.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:03 PM

note the black bumper lights

dont flame but i was trying to copy flava 24/7 with the whole theme except for wheels but didnt really work out for me i changed back to diamond bumpers...and now its on stocks...50/50 totalled insurance gotta look at it some a**hole decided to not pay attention

FLAVA 24/7 is the man

edit: btw they are 18x8 "hyper gold" buddy club p1's more bronze than gold
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 AM

Thanks man. But yea im gonna have to get gunmetal with a lip or black with a lip.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Wow its getting deep in here lol. Where are the pics of the kit man? Pics or ban lol.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by kzoosho
Wow its getting deep in here lol. Where are the pics of the kit man? Pics or ban lol.
I dont have a camera but im gonna try to use my camera phone so you could get an idea.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:16 PM

Old 12-28-2007, 08:38 PM

Please paint it and get wheels that match... looks like a hoopty right now
Old 12-28-2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lumberg™
Please paint it and get wheels that match... looks like a hoopty right now
Well i like the look of it alot. Im going to be painting the mirrors and grill asap. And im trying to get black wheels or silver wheels.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:17 PM

that's all that matters man... but yeah I think it might look a lot better with the grill painted and wheels. Show some more pics when you're done with it.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lumberg™
that's all that matters man... but yeah I think it might look a lot better with the grill painted and wheels. Show some more pics when you're done with it.
The grill and mirrors are going to get painted on my next day off. Also im getting the R34 headlights with black bumper lights.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Boosted Panda

The grill and mirrors are going to get painted on my next day off. Also im getting the R34 headlights with black bumper lights.
Why dont you save your money for some decent wheels and a drop?
Old 12-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor

man, you're gonna dig yourself into a hole. it looks good now because you WANT it to look good. i would suggest waiting a little while before you go crazy painting stuff black.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:13 PM

match it with the color of the car, when it is two different colors it makes the car look uneven, like the car isn't fully done and it looks cheap, make it look clean and sophisticated, but hey just my 2 cents
Old 12-29-2007, 03:26 PM

+1 for matching the car color
Old 12-29-2007, 03:27 PM

Looks pretty good to me, at least with the camera phone pics. If you like it, go for it. It can always be painted later.
Good luck.
David
Old 12-29-2007, 08:16 PM

Why dont you save your money for some decent wheels and a drop?
I am dropped!!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Boosted Panda

I am dropped!!
Wow, it doesnt really look like it.

What are you sitting on?
Old 12-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
Ceasers front > Flava's > Mine................. :Hide: