4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How to fix 1003 (park neutral switch) after 5spd swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 AM

How to fix 1003 (park neutral switch) after 5spd swap

Well, I have been getting massive amounts of "how do I get rid of (1003) park neutral switch code after doing my 5spd swap" or something related to that topic. So hopefully one of the moderators can move this to the stickies for those people in need of help with this code. I know it is some where posted in the all motors section, but people barely go there, so here it is under 4th gen.

Code 1003 or also known as P0705 is a Park Neutral switch code that appears when the signal of the park/neutral position switch is not changed in the process of engine starting and driving.

For those of you that did the 5spd swap and put in a 5spd ECU will usually get this code.
How to fix it:

It is simple as running a wire from Pin 22 (pin 27 for 99s) on the 5spd ECU to the G/W cable or pin 2 on the position switch sensor from the trans, and then grounding the black cable or pin 4 on the position switch sensor on the trans.

Well I hope that helps, If you need further detail, PM me and I will help you out. Also if you wire up the reverse properly, there will be two other wires that comes out of the trans that are not being used. One of those wires is ground and the other one runs to pin 22 on the Manual ECU.

Good luck.

Credit also goes to KRRZ350
Old 12-18-2007, 11:57 AM

nice, something informative finally posted on these forums
link to this thread should be placed in the 5spd swap sticky