4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

WTF....My coolant has a orange color

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:06 PM

I know that there is no way that the power steering fluid can get into the radiator,If the fluid goes into the rack and opinion,than it goes into the loop than back Into the resovior. So It's got to be my Tranny oil cooler.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Maintenance Monster

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
I am going to do the coolant flush and a mini-tranny flush, just to see what and how much coolant got in the tranny pan. I have posted here in the last post some OEM sealants and some tranny kit and I am thinking that can resolve the problem of installing the parts in stead of a whole new radiator. Is it possible that this can work out or I am just out of luck.
No way I would screw around with that. I would buy a new radiator, install it, and move on with life.

Those block weld sealants and stuff are nothing but a pump-and-dump trick for selling a used car.

Dave
Old 12-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

^^^^

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
I am going to do the coolant flush and a mini-tranny flush, just to see what and how much coolant got in the tranny pan. I have posted here in the last post some OEM sealants and some tranny kit and I am thinking that can resolve the problem of installing the parts in stead of a whole new radiator. Is it possible that this can work out or I am just out of luck.
Seriously, replacing the radiator is not that big of a deal.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by KRRZ350
^^^^

Seriously, replacing the radiator is not that big of a deal.
Alright, then I guess I will do this my self after Christmas and what tools will I need besides the screw driver and a bucket to catch the coolant and a bottle of clean water and new coolant. I will put in the order for the radiator and install this thing and save some serious labor. Does the new radiator have the fans or I will have to save them off of my old radiator.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:07 PM
boost me.....

IIRC, the radiator and the fans are separate, you will NOT have to replace the fans. Only the radiator unit will need replacing
Old 12-24-2007, 03:26 PM

I will need a write up on how to install the radiator.

I would like to have a write-up on how I can install the radiator, I would like to know how can I remove the fan wire harness clips of off the radiator and should I avoid air in the new radiator system. I would like to know how should I flush and all the proper presedures in steps and order. Finnaly, what tools will I need to start my work a jack and how many of them. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:38 PM

You cant avoid not getting air in the system. You will have to "burp" the system after you do the rad. Easiest thing is to park on a hill or jack up the car, take off the RAD cap..make sure the car hanst been recently run or you might get burned, and start the car, block off the overflow line too. Just run it like that, If you have climate control you will have to do something so the heater core will open too.

http://www.motorvate.ca/mvp.php/502

Check that out. The clips that hold the harness onto the rad fans are kinda tricky..i broke both accidently trying to get mine off.

Tools..8,10,12mm sockets with ratchet, philips screw driver, a bucket, pliars, thats probably all man. Its very simple, theres 2 brakcets that hold the rad in on the top, drain the rad, with the drain plug in the bottom, remove the 2 brackets, take off the upper/lower rad hoses disconnct the fan harness and it should pull up.

I did the rad on my 98 auto like 2 years ago, and i had no serious problems with it, and i was 16 at the time..
Old 12-24-2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
You cant avoid not getting air in the system. You will have to "burp" the system after you do the rad. Easiest thing is to park on a hill or jack up the car, take off the RAD cap..make sure the car hanst been recently run or you might get burned, and start the car, block off the overflow line too. Just run it like that, If you have climate control you will have to do something so the heater core will open too.

http://www.motorvate.ca/mvp.php/502

Check that out. The clips that hold the harness onto the rad fans are kinda tricky..i broke both accidently trying to get mine off.

Tools..8,10,12mm sockets with ratchet, philips screw driver, a bucket, pliars, thats probably all man. Its very simple, theres 2 brakcets that hold the rad in on the top, drain the rad, with the drain plug in the bottom, remove the 2 brackets, take off the upper/lower rad hoses disconnct the fan harness and it should pull up.

I did the rad on my 98 auto like 2 years ago, and i had no serious problems with it, and i was 16 at the time..
Thanks man! I want to know how can I pop out the harness clips with out breaking them.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:59 AM

Its kinda tricky, you have to slide them off, to either left or right, i believe youd slide them to your right if your facing the car. there tricky to get off, perhaps give it a little shot of WD40 or penetrating fluid if your set on not breaking them. Worst case scenario, nothing a little JBweld cant fix heh.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 PM

I got the clips off with out breaking them (woot!) I want know if I could use any sized funnel to fill up the raditor with coolant (small or big height doesn't matter.)
Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Maintenance Monster

Doesn't matter.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM

I am about to drain the radiator,now how much does It take to fill It back up 2 or 1 bottle of the OEM coolant.