4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Warpspeed Y pipe vs Budget Y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 11:00 AM

Warpspeed Y pipe vs Budget Y pipe

Which one is the better product for the price, Also i will be putting this on myself, so which one will fit the best.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:50 PM
MaximaRversion2

Re: Warpspeed Y pipe vs Budget Y pipe

Originally posted by Craig K. Balgobin
Which one is the better product for the price, Also i will be putting this on myself, so which one will fit the best.
Budget , especially if youre doing it yourself, everyone with them says they fit perfectly , so you wont have any problems with the install.

Old 10-29-2001, 06:55 PM

Warpspeed, They madeleal bend everything, and dont do butt weilds (bugdge does both) So, the warpspeed has better quilty, and the guys realy nice.
Old 10-30-2001, 04:20 PM
MaximaRversion2

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
Warpspeed, They madeleal bend everything, and dont do butt weilds (bugdge does both) So, the warpspeed has better quilty, and the guys realy nice.
thats a good point, i really like dallas and dan , very friendly. and the warpspeed pipe does have mandrell bends as opposed to the budget , but i dont really remember what material warpspeed uses, i think it is aluminum right ? both are good quality , but if you are on a budget , no pun intended , then id go with the budget , you see about the same power gains with either ...

Old 10-30-2001, 06:12 PM

Warspeed all the way!

I went with Warpspeed. Dallas was an awsome guy and the pipe was perfect. I have a mandrel bent pipe and i am vey happy with it. i installed it my self and did not have the slightest problem. It bolted right up. And best of all I don't have that bees in a can sound that ever one always comlains about. Go with warpspeed, you won't be disapointed.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:41 PM

My budget makes me happy now.

I like it.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:41 PM

Re: Warspeed all the way!

Originally posted by Tyson97SE
I went with Warpspeed. Dallas was an awsome guy and the pipe was perfect. I have a mandrel bent pipe and i am vey happy with it. i installed it my self and did not have the slightest problem. It bolted right up. And best of all I don't have that bees in a can sound that ever one always comlains about. Go with warpspeed, you won't be disapointed.
I just got it, and planing on putting it on some time soon. It will be fun, warpseed uses SS, unless other spefied, i can't wait to put it on! WHOOOH!!!
Old 10-30-2001, 07:59 PM
dko
duck and cover

Originally posted by MaximaRversion2

thats a good point, i really like dallas and dan , very friendly. and the warpspeed pipe does have mandrell bends as opposed to the budget , but i dont really remember what material warpspeed uses, i think it is aluminum right ? both are good quality , but if you are on a budget , no pun intended , then id go with the budget , you see about the same power gains with either ...
WSP has a "budget" Y too. I think it's like ~$100. It's the one that isn't mandrel bent. Seriously, though, save up for mandrel bent cattman or WSP and get the extra 2-5 HP from it. It might not sound like alot but considering Y-Pipe will add 15HP at the most consider a %20 to %50 increase in gains with mandrel vs. non mandrel bent pipes. Save up the extra $150 and get the mandrel bent pipe instead. Your car's been good to you, be good back.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by dko

WSP has a "budget" Y too. I think it's like ~$100. It's the one that isn't mandrel bent. Seriously, though, save up for mandrel bent cattman or WSP and get the extra 2-5 HP from it. It might not sound like alot but considering Y-Pipe will add 15HP at the most consider a %20 to %50 increase in gains with mandrel vs. non mandrel bent pipes. Save up the extra $150 and get the mandrel bent pipe instead. Your car's been good to you, be good back.
Actually the Warpspeed mandrel bent pipe is only $225 while the non-mandrel bent pipe is $195. I'd go Warpspeed if I were you A. I'm saving for mine right now.

Miguel
Old 10-31-2001, 01:16 AM

Where can I get a Warpspeed Y-pipe? How does it compare to Cattman or Stillen?
Old 10-31-2001, 03:02 AM

i dunno, but i got a cattman y pipe...
Old 10-31-2001, 05:37 AM

WSP y-pipes

Soybadboy
Do a search. All the y-pipes look pretty much the same. WarpSpeedPerformance.com is our web address. I like to think we are better for several reasons.

1. We actually weld them up in either our Arkansas shop or our brothers shop here in Minn. Spike is a certified welder.We sell them from our shop, not our garage.

2. We don't use any butt welds. Ask any welder which type of weld is the weakest.

3. We use the best, lined flex section we can find. This virtually eliminates the "Bees in a can" sound

4.Many of our y-pipes are actually placed on our cars before shipping to double check for fittment errors.

5. Gaskets included.

6. We are small, so we can take the time to give you that little
extra personel attention.
Below is a copy of a recent satisfied customer

To: dallas@warpspeedperformance.com
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:09 PM

Hey Dallas I got all my pieces installed, the Y,CAI, and cat. Great stuff all of it! No issues of fitment or anything. Now I'm ready to scrap my crush 2.5" catback. Do you guys have the mandrel catback ready yet? If so what muffler are you using. I may want to get a Brullen muffler and use your piping. Thank agian Dallas. Best company I've ever used. You;ll get my vote any time some ask" $500 to spend what do I buy?" HAHA!

Of course this is my angle.There are other choices out there, thankfully here in USA we can make informed decesions. If you do a search you will find many positive posts regarding our pipes and service. Dallas and I are working daily to develop Maxima mods with several more in process. Keep posted.

Dan WSP