4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Troubleshooting help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 PM

Troubleshooting help

I have a flashing check engine light, I tried finding help in a previous thread but that thread was about something else and i stumbled upon these current problems and tried asking at the end of the thread and got no help. I have the codes 0102=mass airflow sensor or circuit fault, and 0201= ignition signal primary circuit fault. My car seems to run fine but when it first happend I was at a stop sign and heard a moaning/groaning vibrating sound come from the engine for a few seconds and then the check engine light started flashing. I drove the car a couple places with the cel flashing and the car did fine. then i went to work and eight hours later i got in my car to go home and there was no check engine light untill i got out of the parking lot and to the end of the streat at a stop sign and the sound came for a few seconds along with the flashing light. Also it seems that the light will flash randomly like there is no pattern but i kindof noticed that when i tap the throttle weather in neutral or in gear the light will go on and off with my foot, If you can understand what i mean. Here is the link to my other thread, http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=559769
I tested the maff and it seemed to check out fine, that is in the previous thread. also what is the eccs and i think the other is just ecs or maby ecc they are fuses in the fuse box in front of the battery along the left fender. What do they controll? Thank you anybody that has any way of helping me out.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:18 PM

it's stated that your having problems with the MAF and this Is the exact problem that will accure before the throttle is engaged or after It's engaged,as you were saying you were at a stop then the light flashes. I am assuming that when this happens that your engine struggles staying on. These are one of the problems that I am explaining.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:43 PM

No my engine does not struggle to stay on at all. It doesent make much sense. The car drives down the road perfecly fine but the engine light flashes and i have ignition signal primary circuit fault code and a mass airflow sensor circuit fault code.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

EDIT:
Just caught your other thread. Go over all your work, check electrical connections for bent pins. I bent a pin on a coil pack plug once, took me forever to figure out the misfire.

Last edited by njmaxseltd; 04-20-2008 at 05:54 AM.