4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Indiglo Needles w/ Reverse Indiglos Question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001 | 10:34 PM

Indiglo Needles w/ Reverse Indiglos Question...

Is this setup possible? I have the Initial K indiglos but when I got my car back from being stolen, my control switch is missing so now I'm stuck with one setting, bluest with the brightest setting, which is not that bad because I really don't use the green too often but I do tend to dim them so in that case it is a problem not having the switch. I'm planning on doing a few makeover changes with the car and I want to change my indiglos to reverse indiglos since I see them on eBay for about $40, but I realized that I would have to put the 194 bulbs back in the cluster in order to have light in the needles (I didn't use them with my Indiglos) so, I figured maybe I could get the blue Indiglo needles, and have those lighted with the blue and red reverse Indiglos. I have pics in the links of the items on eBay. What do you guys think? Is it even possible to have both at the same time?

Reverse Indiglos on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=597599097

Indiglo Needles on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=597594079
Old 11-05-2001 | 10:49 PM

Here is a pic I found...

Actually it's a pic with the red Indiglo needles and reverse Indiglos, but it's close to my idea. So I guess it's possible, but what do you guys think?
Old 11-06-2001 | 12:21 AM

has anyone gotten these reverse indiglo gauges before? i want to get htem but i'm not sure about the blue & red font... i want to get black on white... hmm..
Old 11-06-2001 | 04:10 AM
Ramius83

I was thinking of the same setup. I already have the blue indiglo needles and was thinking of getting the reverse indigloes to go with them. Anyone have them.
Old 11-06-2001 | 05:33 AM

Re: Here is a pic I found...

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
Actually it's a pic with the red Indiglo needles and reverse Indiglos, but it's close to my idea. So I guess it's possible, but what do you guys think?
looks neat Ben, but do you have a daytime shot? how with it match with the rest of your dash?

last weekend, animal72 and I swapped out the stock green leds in the window control units with blue leds. they match up to my needles perfectly--it looks sweet! animal72 did a few of his with red leds so that could match up with the reverse indiglo/needles set up.

just a thought.
Old 11-06-2001 | 08:41 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

THOSE ARE WHAT I NEED!!!
BEN, I may have to jock u on this one dude!! Like J said, I got my switches blue and red to match my radio and I'm trying to find a way to do the gauges but this looks really good and kinda easy (?)
If you get them, let me check em out or I may beat you to it
Old 11-06-2001 | 10:19 AM

Re: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Originally posted by animal72
THOSE ARE WHAT I NEED!!!
BEN, I may have to jock u on this one dude
lol!!!
Old 11-06-2001 | 04:34 PM

Re: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Originally posted by animal72
THOSE ARE WHAT I NEED!!!
BEN, I may have to jock u on this one dude!! Like J said, I got my switches blue and red to match my radio and I'm trying to find a way to do the gauges but this looks really good and kinda easy (?)
If you get them, let me check em out or I may beat you to it
lol, go ahead and get 'em. I doubt I'll be getting them anytime soon, I'm just doing a little research. Your lucky you could replace your door switchess led's, I heard I could only do the fronts and they're hard as hell. I might do those too, but I'd have to go to you about that. Let me know if you guys find anymore pics like the one above.
Old 11-06-2001 | 04:37 PM

Re: Re: Here is a pic I found...

Originally posted by j_bryan

looks neat Ben, but do you have a daytime shot? how with it match with the rest of your dash?

last weekend, animal72 and I swapped out the stock green leds in the window control units with blue leds. they match up to my needles perfectly--it looks sweet! animal72 did a few of his with red leds so that could match up with the reverse indiglo/needles set up.

just a thought.
I don't have a daytime shot, I kind of stole that pic off of eBay. I don't know how I could match them up with the rest of the dash. I 've seen people do it before, but I wouldn't know how to do it. I guess I'd get this setup just to do a makeover for my gauges.