4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.
View Poll Results: Which do you reccommend? (this is without projectors!!)
OEM Cefiros
44.44%
aftermarket Cefiros
0%
R34-Style (1piece)
55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Better for HID's? - OEM Cefiros, aftermarket Cefiros, or R34-style?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
We have told him, he refuese to believe thats his best option.
Well maybe if we say its his only option instead of the best
Old 07-26-2008, 09:56 AM
foreknowapparelworldwide

poll results are conflicted - don't correspond with the replies.. they contradict each other.. could be confusing. as to why this is different compared to the replies i dont know

just trying to simply see which outweighs the other in terms of positive response to neg. clearly the Cefiros win on that it looks like from the replies, yet they are even in the polls with the R34's. and, obviously with projectors is better, I know this. And many of you think that you shouldnt bother getting hid's without them, ok. However that wasnt my main question was it, I'm aware of that but I was going to give it a shot without projectors anyway. And if it ended up not being to my liking at all, then so be it, i'd have to go with projectors then i guess.
Originally Posted by foreknowapparelworldwide
Whats better with HID's? OEM Cefiros, aftermarket Cefiros, or R34-style?

WITHOUT PROJECTORS.
(I realize that it's better with projectors, however, for the time being I plan on buying R34 style, or depending on the outcome of this thread, OEM Cefiros or aftermarket, then getting Xenon 6000k HID's.)

for my dark blue 95 se

However, because of the outcome of this thread and some others about R34's vs Cefiros I have chosen to not go with any of these, for various reasons. Not only for HID later but because they look like **** with halo's even (least the R34's do). Just look nice in the day time.

With that said, I'm going to try a different approach, see new thread, im going for day time aesthetics - if output isn't compromised (this is with regular bulbs not hid) - so if any of you have comments that conducive to the exact topic being discussed in that thread at least, please no digression if you can help it, post away. Heres the link.

thanks for all of your input, seriously

Last edited by foreknowapparelworldwide; 07-26-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I love lamp.

Great yet another thread. Freaking do the work and search already.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by foreknowapparelworldwide
poll results are conflicted - don't correspond with the replies.. they contradict each other.. could be confusing. as to why this is different compared to the replies i dont know

just trying to simply see which outweighs the other in terms of positive response to neg. clearly the Cefiros win on that it looks like from the replies, yet they are even in the polls with the R34's. and, obviously with projectors is better, I know this. And many of you think that you shouldnt bother getting hid's without them, ok. However that wasnt my main question was it, I'm aware of that but I was going to give it a shot without projectors anyway. And if it ended up not being to my liking at all, then so be it, i'd have to go with projectors then i guess.

However, because of the outcome of this thread and some others about R34's vs Cefiros I have chosen to not go with any of these, for various reasons. Not only for HID later but because they look like **** with halo's even (least the R34's do). Just look nice in the day time.

With that said, I'm going to try a different approach, see new thread, im going for day time aesthetics - if output isn't compromised (this is with regular bulbs not hid) - so if any of you have comments that conducive to the exact topic being discussed in that thread at least, please no digression if you can help it, post away. Heres the link.

thanks for all of your input, seriously

I dont see how the OEM headlights and housings will look much better with the Halos but good look with that. Not sure what your going to attach them to. Seems kind of pointless to me to open up the headlights and etc. and not do the retro but i guess your just going for the comsetic appeal.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:16 PM

Maybe he is going to put ccfl's in
Old 07-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by kzoosho
Maybe he is going to put ccfl's in
Still dont see how there going in without attaching to something. Going to look real odd to me.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:43 PM
foreknowapparelworldwide

?

Old 07-26-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Still dont see how there going in without attaching to something. Going to look real odd to me.
I dont know either but was trying to make sense of it all.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thats ok, let him keep up with his fun and games. They wont last long.