4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95 Maxima rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008 | 03:36 PM

95 Maxima rebuild

Since my other thread got rudefully locked, for asking a couple of common questions, I'll make a new one, and not trying to ask the same questions. I'm not on much, and dont always know these kinda features(sorry). But i will try to do my best at as much as I can do. I dont have that many friends that are auto techs, so I mostly have to do it myself, without air tools, or pay for it cheap.

Heres my old thread/ the recent body of my Maxima; http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...end-wreck.html

I drive it daily now, have full coverage insurance now. No AC condencor though, suck in Florida heat. Also I have 2 windows that have broken or stripped gears(both right side windows). I modded the rear right side window to not open, but some friends just cant have it closed, so they manually open it, and the stuff that keeps it closed comes undone, and I have to opne the door pillar, and put it back as it was.

Its a real risk, whan I have something expensive in the car. But I usaully take everything that is expensive with me where I go.

The Maxima is my first legal car(first legal car to be drivin on the road, with tags and all). I have had other cars, but will not talk about them.

I'm very limited on time most of the time, so I dont always have time to get on the computer and update everybody, and to work on my car sometimes. I go to school with my car, go to parties with my car, used to pick up girls with my car, but since I got into a wreck, girls dont really like it that much, andf I have a girlfriend, so I cant really pick them up now anyways.

This is the Maxima right now- the old hubcaps I had(there the stock hubcaps that was on it before, but I painted them black);

And this is when I first got into the wreck(the black hubcaps on the Maxima is the hubcaps I got on tit now);

Mods, please do not lock this thread.
Old 08-30-2008 | 07:48 PM

Good luck on the rebuild.
Old 08-31-2008 | 03:38 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by tolken4
Good luck on the rebuild.
Yeah good luck. It doesn't look that bad, but it does look like a PITA if you ask me.
Old 09-02-2008 | 09:03 PM

If any will donate me any parts listed below, that will be very nice of who ever donated the stuff.

I need 2 good front fenders(right and left)
Good front bumper(no fogs, just a stock plastic bumper, I dont need the white foam that is with it though)
Relay box(possible the hole box, not the relays, just the plastic part)
Good rear bumper
The rear right trunk light

I dont want it to seem like I'm begging for this stuff, I mean, I can get the money sooner or later, but it would be easier if somebody justs donates it. If you (the person who will or did donate me something, look in my signature. I will list you on the list of donators).

Recently, I've noticed it sounds more like a V6. I mean, like it used to sound ok, but recently I've noticed it sounds like it has more muscle. Maybe because the racing or something.

My moms insurance company stoped doing business with her, I think they just cancled her insurance. I'm pretty tired right now, so I hope I spelled everything right, and make sence. With hurricane Gustav, I got more rainin my car, from the 2 side windows, and the sunroof. I drove in the rain, and I had no AC, so the windows kept fogging up, my friend was pissed, because I told him to wipe the windows when I told him to. If he didnt do what I said, I would havve told him to get outta the car, and walk himself home in the rain and wind.

Also, just to let everybody know, I hate squirrels !!!! I almost ran over one, after the damn thing ran into the road at the last second, to make everything worse, there was a cop behind me. Slamming on the brakes that fast scared everybody in my car, and the cop behind my car. The damn thing just ran away after I nearly hit him. For a second, I thought it was a small cat, but it wasnt. My friends just said I should have ran it over, but I'm not an animal killer, and I might have gotten a fine or something from the cop if I did run it over. I sat ob the side of the road for about 20 minutes talking to the cop, m friends in my car, and some people living around the neighborhood where I almost ran the thing over.