4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 09:18 AM

Need some help

Hey guys, i got a lil problem. I got a '95 Maxima and all of the sudden when I turn on the interior lights, the top instrument panel with all the climate controls on where you want the vents to work has been blinking on and off from time to time and just yesterday, the whole top panel just stopped working for a good while. I wanted to know if anyone agrees with me that it may be the light bulb inside and if so can anyone instruct me on how to get it fixed whether it's by taking it to the mechanic or by doing it myself. That would be a great way for me to start changing the bulbs to blue cuz that's what I've started doing. Anyway thanx in advance.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Re: Need some help

I believe their is an LED inside.. however i have never gotten to it or been able to get to it.. however.. i left my Haynes manual at home... if no one answeres this question i will check it for you when i get home..

Originally posted by rage786
Hey guys, i got a lil problem. I got a '95 Maxima and all of the sudden when I turn on the interior lights, the top instrument panel with all the climate controls on where you want the vents to work has been blinking on and off from time to time and just yesterday, the whole top panel just stopped working for a good while. I wanted to know if anyone agrees with me that it may be the light bulb inside and if so can anyone instruct me on how to get it fixed whether it's by taking it to the mechanic or by doing it myself. That would be a great way for me to start changing the bulbs to blue cuz that's what I've started doing. Anyway thanx in advance.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Next time, try to put the problem in the topic. "Lights are out in my climate control, how to replace?" is a lot more informative than just "Need some help"

If you use the search, try typing in the problem your having, while being a little broad in the search words. I found the below links by using "climate AND control AND bulb"

Try reading this, they might help:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=66407
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=10363
Old 11-13-2001, 09:40 AM
Administrator

thanks clee.. i also was curious as to where and how to replace those..

Originally posted by clee130
Next time, try to put the problem in the topic. "Lights are out in my climate control, how to replace?" is a lot more informative than just "Need some help"

If you use the search, try typing in the problem your having, while being a little broad in the search words. I found the below links by using "climate AND control AND bulb"

Try reading this, they might help:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=66407
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=10363
Old 11-13-2001, 09:42 AM

thanx for the help

thanx clee130 and sprintmax, i'll try to be more clear next time.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Re: thanx for the help

Originally posted by rage786
thanx clee130 and sprintmax, i'll try to be more clear next time.
its cool man.. after a while you get the hang of it..
Old 01-03-2002, 11:31 PM

NEED PART NUMBER!

Anyone knows the o.e.m. Part number to the led in the fan speed ****. I lost to blue condom thingy when I was replacing it with a radio shack bulb it works fine, but it's mad ugly with out that blue condom because it gives out yellow light. If any body know. Please help a brother out. Thanks