4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

95-96 Maxima Trenz Grille Prototype- Pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: 95-96 Maxima Trenz Grille Prototype- Pictures!!

your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say.. don't say it.. if you feel you can do a better job.. you are inclined to do so.. but why would i take the opinions and taste of someone who has Altezza's

Originally posted by AltezzaMikeGTR
well thoese photoshop pics look like hell, but the grille looks unique and cool. I'm interested. I feel the need to do somethign with the stock grille, the homedepot stuffs looks awful and the i'd rather kill myself then put on an SMX grille
Old 11-14-2001, 10:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: 95-96 Maxima Trenz Grille Prototype- Pictures!!

Originally posted by SprintMax
your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say.. don't say it.. if you feel you can do a better job.. you are inclined to do so.. but why would i take the opinions and taste of someone who has Altezza's

Well all i'm saying if u read the post is that I feel that the pitures don't do it justice to what it would really look like, I think it will look much better in real life, plus while i was look ing at the picture a couple of people around me stated, "don't get that it looks awful" and then i said, no thats a photoshop pic, not the real thing. HOwever i think the 97-99's look good and i'm looking forward to getting a 95-96
Old 11-14-2001, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: 95-96 Maxima Trenz Grille Prototype- Pictures!!

well could you please phrase your comment next time in a manner that doesn't offend the photoshop work.. but the image of what it protrays..

i am sick of bigsaddler telling me my photoshop skills suck!!!
Originally posted by AltezzaMikeGTR

Well all i'm saying if u read the post is that I feel that the pitures don't do it justice to what it would really look like, I think it will look much better in real life, plus while i was look ing at the picture a couple of people around me stated, "don't get that it looks awful" and then i said, no thats a photoshop pic, not the real thing. HOwever i think the 97-99's look good and i'm looking forward to getting a 95-96
Old 11-14-2001, 10:40 AM

Re: Re: Re: 95-96 Maxima Trenz Grille Prototype- Pictures!!

Originally posted by SprintMax

Sprint, I think you did an awesome job on the photoshopped pic. Even though you prolly don't even like the Trenz grille(which i assume you don't) you tried to help a fellow "maxer" out. thanks. It gave me a good idea of what it would look like.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:55 AM

YUM! that would be awesome for christmas!
Old 11-14-2001, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: 95-96 Maxima Trenz Grille Prototype- Pictures!!

Originally posted by Gotrice4

Sprint, I think you did an awesome job on the photoshopped pic. Even though you prolly don't even like the Trenz grille(which i assume you don't) you tried to help a fellow "maxer" out. thanks. It gave me a good idea of what it would look like.
thats funny you knew that.. yeah i am not a fan of the grill.. i guess you figured i would have bought a 97 one already
Old 11-14-2001, 11:20 AM

It lookz aite...it would really depend on what the damage would be on my pocket if i wanted one. But i give mad props to Greg for trying to get stuff of our maximas....keep it up....them stupid honda boyz, they get new **** coming out everyday for their ricey rides. Atleast this grill dont look rice....i guess it will make car look more luxary then aggressive.....
Old 11-14-2001, 11:22 AM

i feel indifferent, i think that you would have to have some way other than clipping to hold it on cuz it would be 2 easy to steal, though my front bumper is screaming at me "it doesnt affect you!"
Old 11-14-2001, 11:37 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

hnmmm

honestly, I think it looks "so-so". Nothing negative, much respect for pushing for new products for our cars but I personally don't like it much.
It's basically an insert into the stock grille. I'd like to see a replacement for the whole grille as the 97-99 Trenz grille is... but this one is so so... I guess it's just my personal taste...
Old 11-14-2001, 12:27 PM
Custommaxima.com

Thanks for the comments, and thanks Doug for photoshopping the images so everyone can see it better. I will contact Trenz today and see if we can get one made that will be an entire replacement of the black factory grille. But it will take another two weeks to get a prototype made. Hopefully I will have pictures of the grill installed by this weekend.

Also now I need to decide if I should keep the V or get rid of it. You all made valid points that it looks out of place but also that it sets it apart from the 97-9 one.

I am working on a few more big projects for Maxima's. I can't say what it is yet but you will be impressed and it will be available before Christmas.

Old 11-14-2001, 12:41 PM

sweetness, though ive been wanting to know what your car looks like now for months on end
Old 11-14-2001, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by Custommaxima.com
Thanks for the comments, and thanks Doug for photoshopping the images so everyone can see it better. I will contact Trenz today and see if we can get one made that will be an entire replacement of the black factory grille. But it will take another two weeks to get a prototype made. Hopefully I will have pictures of the grill installed by this weekend.

Also now I need to decide if I should keep the V or get rid of it. You all made valid points that it looks out of place but also that it sets it apart from the 97-9 one.

I am working on a few more big projects for Maxima's. I can't say what it is yet but you will be impressed and it will be available before Christmas.

GREG!!
Don't mean to get slightly off topic here, but.. Do you have any information regarding the diamond cut clears? I'm just wondering if anything happened to them, since I placed an order over a month ago. I am just wondering if they got lost in the mail, or did you not get them in yet? PM me or email me, I sent ya an email a little while ago too... I don't mind the wait, I just wanted to know what's going on, thanks!
Steve
Old 11-14-2001, 04:22 PM
Custommaxima.com

I have a ton arriving in a week. I posted info about it in another thread. You will all have them in less then two weeks.

Old 11-14-2001, 05:05 PM

I have a ton arriving in a week. I posted info about it in another thread. You will all have them in less then two weeks.

great!!!!!!!!! Thanks Greg!!! That is all I wanted to know!!!
Looking forward to future fortunes I will waste on my car through custommaxima.com
Old 11-14-2001, 06:39 PM

Greg, youve got yet another email in your huge inbox =)
Old 11-14-2001, 06:44 PM
Custommaxima.com

hehe buying mods is not wasting money.....it is investing it because the pleasure it brings is worth it.

I spoke to the head designer at Trenz and it seems like it is not going to be easy to have it completely replace the factory grill like the 97-99 grill. It will be at least three weeks before a prototype will be available they will also need a maxima there to use for at least two weeks. Anyone wanna volunteer??? didn't think so.

These new grills will be available in any color....blue, black, red, etc. Please respond with your ideas on that. I am only going to go through with this if the majority opinion is that you all like it.

Old 11-14-2001, 06:48 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

hehe buying mods is not wasting money.....it is investing it because the pleasure it brings is worth it.

I spoke to the head designer at Trenz and it seems like it is not going to be easy to have it completely replace the factory grill like the 97-99 grill. It will be at least three weeks before a prototype will be available they will also need a maxima there to use for at least two weeks. Anyone wanna volunteer??? didn't think so.

These new grills will be available in any color....blue, black, red, etc. Please respond with your ideas on that. I am only going to go through with this if the majority opinion is that you all like it.
If it doesnt replace the grille, wont you see the flat place where the Nissan emblem was through the trenz grilles lines ? That wouldn't look too hot. Otherwise I think these grilles look tight and I like the Y shape in the middle.
Old 11-14-2001, 07:10 PM

Just a thought, if i got one i might put a badge in the middle, maybe move the Y ( the point where it spilts into two) down a little, makeing a prime spot for a badge and maybe look good with out one, dunno just a thought
Old 11-14-2001, 10:52 PM

Along with Greg, I've got some stuff coming just in time for Christmas. It's an evil conspiracy between Greg and I to make all of you broke after the holidays

Old 11-14-2001, 11:06 PM
Banned

Keep the V...... that would be tight...
Old 11-15-2001, 06:06 AM

Great

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait..

Old 11-15-2001, 06:17 AM

I've been patiently awaiting this grill but my initial impression wasn't too good. I agree that if were more similar to the 97+ grill it would look better. Just my .02.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Greg,
Are they going to use my grill to do the new proto??
Old 11-15-2001, 10:54 AM

everyone needs to chill on the proto, babes.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:06 PM

man, i hope i get some money for Christmas....
Old 11-15-2001, 02:04 PM

Greg deserves a Thank you.

Thank You. Keep it up.

Dhumil
Old 11-15-2001, 03:03 PM

make it with no Y and ill buy one....i like the idea of the frame...but i think thicker bars that are straight would be phat...thanx for doing all of this for us greg
Old 11-15-2001, 05:02 PM
Custommaxima.com

Man you guys are killing me with this V thing. Half likes it and half does not. How about this idea, what if they could make a Nissan logo right in the middle of it. It would be cut out right in the middle. How does that sound??

Old 11-15-2001, 05:05 PM

Old 11-15-2001, 05:05 PM

Man you guys are killing me with this V thing. Half likes it and half does not. How about this idea, what if they could make a Nissan logo right in the middle of it. It would be cut out right in the middle. How does that sound??
That would be better than the V but almost defeates the purpose of getting a Trenz grill since when you think Trenz you think of the 97+ grill. Nice and clean. My .02. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate all your efforts.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:09 PM

i like that better than the 97+ trenz grilles
Old 11-16-2001, 04:33 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

Another with no Y or I

Clicky
Old 11-16-2001, 05:29 PM
Custommaxima.com

Good job with the photoshopping

Old 11-16-2001, 09:07 PM

Greg, once again i appreciate what you are doing, the time you are doing on a product like a grill. What i like personally, is the look of the '97-'99 grill. That's my opinion, an exact remake of the '97-'99 that will fit the '95-'96.
Old 11-17-2001, 10:34 AM

yeah i would say design it the same way as the 97-99 grills. i think everyone can agree with that.