4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Vandals - broken window

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 AM

Vandals - broken window

So last night I came out of my hockey game to see my front driver's side window smashed. Sitting in the car was a rock about the size of a softball. It appears that they threw it really hard as it put a good size hole/crack in the passenger door panel.

I have no clue why someone did it other than to be destructive. The rock was sitting next to my mp3 player in the car, my sirius, radar, cd player all fine. On top of that I had my wallet and blackberry in the lower door panel pocket. Nothing was stolen and the car was never entered. So I guess I lucked out in that respect.

Luckily my pop was home from work today and was able to go pick up a window from the junk yard for only 35 bucks. I just gotta find a cheap door panel now.

Such a pain in the *** really! I'm lucky that it could have been worse but still pissed in general.

Just wanted to vent to you guys. I love this car and just spent a lot of time redoing the led's inside, finally threw on my oem wood trim, cefiro door handles, and covered the door inserts with black vinyl. Time to clean out the glass now!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:41 PM

no pics?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:59 PM

Bah, I hear you man....my car was broken into not too long ago, but I didn't have a junk yard near, so it was a lot more expensive for me.

I didn't find a rock in mine, so I think it was somebody trying to steal something, and got scared off by my newly installed Viper alarm. (lucky I guess)
Old 12-19-2008, 01:10 PM

i feel your pain, my car was broken into a couple weeks ago and the sight of glass on the ground made my heart drop
Old 12-19-2008, 04:04 PM

i know eactly wat u mean bro, every time i go to my car i do a walk around to make sure everything is safe and sound.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 PM

Well, i cannot say "i know how that feels bro", cause it has never happened to me. However, im sorry to hear,hope you get the parts and all bringing back to its original look.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:27 PM

what interior do you have? i have 4 panels up for sale, im guessing you just need the passenger though. theyre black with grey cloth and im in newark. someone has already showed interest in both up front but they told me they really only need the drivers side. let me know.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 PM

that sucks dude
Old 12-20-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by pavelsmax
So last night I came out of my hockey game to see my front driver's side window smashed. Sitting in the car was a rock about the size of a softball. It appears that they threw it really hard as it put a good size hole/crack in the passenger door panel.

I have no clue why someone did it other than to be destructive. The rock was sitting next to my mp3 player in the car, my sirius, radar, cd player all fine. On top of that I had my wallet and blackberry in the lower door panel pocket. Nothing was stolen and the car was never entered. So I guess I lucked out in that respect.

Luckily my pop was home from work today and was able to go pick up a window from the junk yard for only 35 bucks. I just gotta find a cheap door panel now.

Such a pain in the *** really! I'm lucky that it could have been worse but still pissed in general.

Just wanted to vent to you guys. I love this car and just spent a lot of time redoing the led's inside, finally threw on my oem wood trim, cefiro door handles, and covered the door inserts with black vinyl. Time to clean out the glass now!
its funny you made this thread the same exact thing happened to me while I was at my buddies house my car was parked out in the road in a quiet neighborhood I would know because I live on the other side of it. I drove because I was already out and I didnt wanna stop at my house then walk over so I drove. I was at his house for maybe 15 mins and then we went out to go somewhere and I noticed broken glass everywhere and a rock about the size of a softball at the rear of my car. They threw the rock while somebody was driving and they smashed the window completely blew out everywhere throughout the car and the trim on the outside around the window is messed up and the trim on the inside is messed up as well. I got the glass replaced under insurance luckily it covered it and now I gotta go looking for trim pieces... I just thought it was weird it happened the same night and it was the same exact window and stuff.

I still cannot believe that this happened, since then I have begun looking for an alarm with glass sensors and shock sensors. I am thinking about the clifford rsx 3.5 because it has some really cool features that I would find very useful.

Im sorry to hear about your maxima dude, good luck finding the parts.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Mmm, fresh lobster

Bummer man. I wish that whenever someone did some awful chit like that they would immediately burst into flames..........
Old 12-21-2008, 09:40 PM

im glad i havent had to deal with this luckly knocks on wood

Hope u get everything back to like knew man.

but i recently did have some damage from ike!
took it to a shop, that normally does good work, and they did a pretty shotty job i think on it

so i got to go straighten that out!

anyways hope everything goes to plan
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
boost me.....

I have a tan 97 inner drivers side door panel. PM me
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
boost me.....

edit* re read post. saw it was passengers side you needed
Old 12-22-2008, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by rex3001
what interior do you have? i have 4 panels up for sale, im guessing you just need the passenger though. theyre black with grey cloth and im in newark. someone has already showed interest in both up front but they told me they really only need the drivers side. let me know.
I have black leather but the interior was originally grey cloth and the door panels are still grey cloth, tho I covered the inserts with black vinyl. PM me about the door panel and I could try to make it up to Newark to pick it up. Thanks

Originally Posted by Blackmax1924
its funny you made this thread the same exact thing happened to me while I was at my buddies house my car was parked out in the road in a quiet neighborhood I would know because I live on the other side of it. I drove because I was already out and I didnt wanna stop at my house then walk over so I drove. I was at his house for maybe 15 mins and then we went out to go somewhere and I noticed broken glass everywhere and a rock about the size of a softball at the rear of my car. They threw the rock while somebody was driving and they smashed the window completely blew out everywhere throughout the car and the trim on the outside around the window is messed up and the trim on the inside is messed up as well. I got the glass replaced under insurance luckily it covered it and now I gotta go looking for trim pieces... I just thought it was weird it happened the same night and it was the same exact window and stuff.

I still cannot believe that this happened, since then I have begun looking for an alarm with glass sensors and shock sensors. I am thinking about the clifford rsx 3.5 because it has some really cool features that I would find very useful.

Im sorry to hear about your maxima dude, good luck finding the parts.
thanks man, I'm sorry to hear about yours as well. It really boggles me why someone would do this and not steal anything from the inside. I'm so happy they didn't just don't really understand it. Good luck with your repairs. I may add a glass break sensor to my factory alarm but with 199,xxx miles I don't really have the need for anything fancier. Just have to mind where I park and keep my valuables hidden.

Originally Posted by Coolsaber57
Bah, I hear you man....my car was broken into not too long ago, but I didn't have a junk yard near, so it was a lot more expensive for me.

I didn't find a rock in mine, so I think it was somebody trying to steal something, and got scared off by my newly installed Viper alarm. (lucky I guess)
Sorry to hear that. I lucked out $35 bucks for a new window from a junkyard in philly. Thanks to car-part.com man I love that site. Had the window in in under an hour and now I just gotta replace the pass door panel and she'll be as good as new. Hope you got everything back looking good again.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:38 PM

hey pavelsmax, car-part is bada$$. thanks for mentioning it.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 PM

same thing happened to me yesterday..passenger window smashed..nothing stolen thank God...is there any kind of shatterproof or plexiglass type material I replace it with?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by hellified
same thing happened to me yesterday..passenger window smashed..nothing stolen thank God...is there any kind of shatterproof or plexiglass type material I replace it with?
no

nice 6 year gravedig...