4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I need turbo insight

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Thread failure....

IBTL
Old 02-02-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by f550maranello2
so ur trying to compare a supra to a maxima... thats like comparing a Lamborghini to a pinto....

what im trying to get across here guys is that there is not point of dumping money into an old car... when u get a little older and get a regular 9-5 job you will understand what it means and ur gonna kick urself in the butt for wasting money... but i guess everybody has to learn their lesson.... thats all.

you want to boost a maxima go ahead...

People boost civics and whatnot every day. Cars with smaller engines twice as old. For example my dad is rebuilding 72 datsun 240z and he is planning on boosting it. Is that dumb? I don't think so. I think that is cool as ****. Older the car the more the under dog. You sound like you have ran into problems with money before. If that's the case buy yourself a nice little 14 year old civic and keep her stock
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by ZaxWhite97Max
People boost civics and whatnot every day. Cars with smaller engines twice as old. For example my dad is rebuilding 72 datsun 240z and he is planning on boosting it. Is that dumb? I don't think so. I think that is cool as ****. Older the car the more the under dog. You sound like you have ran into problems with money before. If that's the case buy yourself a nice little 14 year old civic and keep her stock

Aftermarket scene for Hndas is huge,plus Ive seen boosted civics making well over 400HP at the wheels, power to weight ratio makes them good choices.
Building and boosting a 72 Datsun is much cooler then boosting a Maxima, thats a classic Nissan.
Im not bashing having a boosted Maxima, just saying if your looking for a vehicle to make huge numbers and be able to use the power Maxima isnt the way to, I however enjoy my boosted. I love to see peoples faces when they get yanked by a four door FWD sedan.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 PM

see its people like you that dont understand simple things...

ur pops is REBUILDING a classic car... not a pos maxima... there is a difference... he not slapping a turbo into his rust bucket... the man obviously has money and a plan.....

not like these fools that are talking about a rb swap...

lets be real here people...

i realized a long time ago that is a damn waste of money with the maxima... not because i cant afford it, but because this thing isnt gonna last for ever and its never gonna be fast... if i wanted a fast/sports car i would have bought one instead of a maxima...
Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 PM
No more Maximas...

i realized a long time ago that is a damn waste of money with the maxima... not because i cant afford it, but because this thing isnt gonna last for ever and its never gonna be fast... if i wanted a fast/sports car i would have bought one instead of a maxima...
Can you define 'fast'?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr
Can you define 'fast'?
Agreed. Best statement yet.

and 240z's are NOT expensive to repair. We found a running one in somewhat good condition from a friend for 500 bucks.

A maxima is an underdog thats what makes it fun. People can do whatever they want to any car. What is your ideal car to make "go fast" as you call it? An Enzo? What are you getting at.

Maximas can be quick. But yes obviously not 8 second car fast but honestly do you need an 8 second car? For.. anything?

Also if I wanted to go in a straight line fast I would have bought an ls1 camaro and started from there.

Every saturday night in the summer people meet up with there cars. I'm sure you all have something like this. Or should. It would be BORING if everyone showed up with an ls1 modded camaro now wouldn't it.

It's fun to show up in a Maxima. Thats for sure
Old 02-02-2009, 05:16 PM

ur pops is REBUILDING a classic car... not a pos maxima... there is a difference... he not slapping a turbo into his rust bucket... the man obviously has money and a plan.....

im talking about an RB swap way in the future which would be awesome to see. im not all about getting the typical sports car and doing the same garbage to it as everyone else does. im talking about doing something with one of my favorite cars, something no one has done before, thats what makes my ideas unique. if i wanted to be like everyone else i'd buy a typical sportscar, i want to be unique. it seems you dont like maxima's by the way you talk about them, why are you in this forum? im here to get peoples help and guidance to do what i want to do, not get hated on for expressing my ideas.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Agreed. Best statement yet.

and 240z's are NOT expensive to repair. We found a running one in somewhat good condition from a friend for 500 bucks.

A maxima is an underdog thats what makes it fun. People can do whatever they want to any car. What is your ideal car to make "go fast" as you call it? An Enzo? What are you getting at.

Maximas can be quick. But yes obviously not 8 second car fast but honestly do you need an 8 second car? For.. anything?

Also if I wanted to go in a straight line fast I would have bought an ls1 camaro and started from there.

Every saturday night in the summer people meet up with there cars. I'm sure you all have something like this. Or should. It would be BORING if everyone showed up with an ls1 modded camaro now wouldn't it.

It's fun to show up in a Maxima. Thats for sure
I couldnt agree with you more. Good choice words.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 AM

I feel like you talk through your ***. WHY in the world do you have max if you hate it so much? I mean it isn't going to last you a long time, but what car will and if by any chance it does why wouldn't it? These cars age really well if you take care of them. There are MANY people that have these cars with close to 300k or more miles on them!! That should tell you something. Most other cars have a hard time. And yes it may not be as fast as many cars out there, but with money and time I don't see why that's a problem. If anyone sets their mind to it anything can be fast regardless what car it is. SO I'm really sorry your max is a POS and rusted, but that doesn't mean all these are.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm nearly 30. And i have a 9-5 job I've worked at for 7 years and still going. I also drive a boosted 4th Gen. Oh right i have a kid as well. Guess what...i have no regrets about having a nearly 400hp front wheel drive car.... Also why you consider all maximas to be a POS i have no idea.... Granted it's your opinion, but you're wrong

so ur trying to compare a supra to a maxima... thats like comparing a Lamborghini to a pinto....

what im trying to get across here guys is that there is not point of dumping money into an old car... when u get a little older and get a regular 9-5 job you will understand what it means and ur gonna kick urself in the butt for wasting money... but i guess everybody has to learn their lesson.... thats all.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by ObsidianIce69

I'm nearly 30. And i have a 9-5 job I've worked at for 7 years and still going. I also drive a boosted 4th Gen. Oh right i have a kid as well. Guess what...i have no regrets about having a nearly 400hp front wheel drive car.... Also why you consider all maximas to be a POS i have no idea.... Granted it's your opinion, but you're wrong
No crap, f550maranello2 acts as if he is so old and wise.
Im 34 with a wife and two kids and I dont consider my max a waste of money. Granted a lot has gone into to it but its not a waste. If me enjying my car everytime I drive it makes all that Ive done a waste , then so be it I guess, but I dont feel that way. I knew when i bought my maxima it wasnt a prefered car for modding, but I loved the look of the 4th gen and it drove really nice so I was sold on it. Plus Imnot one to do what everyone else does, Ive always like to be the different one and stand out from others.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:32 PM

i realized a long time ago that is a damn waste of money with the maxima...
someone remind me why this guy isn't banned yet?

am i going to have to find out where this chump lives and steal his compaq?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by tyler5619

He's entitled to his opinion just as you are...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Grumpy old guy

Mines not boosted yet but maybe someday or maybe I'll buy a newer Max and boost it, either way I enjoy Nissans and Maxima's in particular.

I enjoy spending money on my car and I know it will last just as long as I'm willing to make it last.

There's a 2005 Pathy in the driveway next to the 1995 Max and my son's 89 Max. I'm older than most of the posters here and I work for my money everyday.

Your argument and disrespect for Maximas is a fail.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr
Can you define 'fast'?

a car in stock form that doesn't run a 15 second 1/4, that doesnt have a POS transmission and that doesnt handle like a 1988 cadillac brougham

Originally Posted by petro2342
I feel like you talk through your ***. WHY in the world do you have max if you hate it so much? SO I'm really sorry your max is a POS and rusted, but that doesn't mean all these are.
i dont hate the car at all... i never anywhere said that i do.. if i didn't like it i would have gotten rid of it a long time ago and i wouldn't have invested in doing a 5 speed swap either... its not rusted either its in near mint shape..

Originally Posted by tyler5619

how about i come pay you a visit at the walmart you work at 2900 south Rutherford blvd... im flying in to Nashville next week and driving down for work in woodbury... what a coincidence..

Originally Posted by Nozama
Your argument and disrespect for Maximas is a fail.
my opinion is well.... my opinion... im not expecting you to like it or even dislike it...
Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
No more Maximas...

a car in stock form that doesn't run a 15 second 1/4, that doesnt have a POS transmission and that doesnt handle like a 1988 cadillac brougham
So an RSX is 'fast'?

FWIW the A32 can run faster than a 15 stock, the trans isn't exactly a POS (but obviously will break with abuse, as will any trans), and I'm quite sure it handles better than an '88 Cadillac.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:33 PM

how about i come pay you a visit at the walmart you work at 2900 south Rutherford blvd... im flying in to Nashville next week and driving down for work in woodbury... what a coincidence..
opinionated and resourceful. quite impressive.

sure, i always enjoy visitors. maybe we can grab a beer and discuss the difference between driving a maxima, and owning a maxima.

or we could skip the date and get it over right here.

plenty of people drive maximas. i see plenty. to them, it's just a car.

however, a select few own maximas. as in, to us, our car is our hobby. we are enthusiasts. we activate an account at MAXIMA.ORG - THE HOME FOR MAXIMA ENTHUSIASTS. we discuss with other people how much we enjoy our cars.

there is yet another VERY SMALL group of people who get an account at the .org, and wish to discourage those who exercise their hobby, whether it's modding, swapping, or anything other than "just driving a car". sure, there are people who just have questions about problems, and that's it. these people should stay out of threads titled "I need turbo insight", because clearly the OP did not want the opinion of someone whose car is just a mode of transportation. a way to get from point a to point b. those people are not enthusiasts, and IMHO have no business being a MEMBER of the .ORG.

/$0.02
Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 PM

we need ta sell our turbos
Old 02-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by kzoosho
we need ta sell our turbos
We need to sell our Maxima's.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
We need to sell our Maxima's.
O n you are right.