4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need Help with sunroof.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM

Need Help with sunroof.....

I have a problem with my sunroof that is hasnt work for a while and i haven set my mind to it cause of other issue...But now is starting to leak water inside whenever it rains...So if anyone had a problem with their sunroof and knows how to replace it or bring it somewhere to get it to fix. Or if any one in Orlando, FL..Knows some shop that fixes roof for cars...

Please let me know thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 PM
No more Maximas...

Well, where exactly is it leaking at?

Have you checked the sunroof drain tubes?

Did you search for any possible solution to your problem? Sounds like not.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM

well the problem is that the roof doesnt actually room...when i press the two buttom to roll it back and forward..it doesnt do anything..but you do hear the track roolling but not the roof...Now the roof is not completed shut and i had to manually roll it has far back...but somehow it links from the cracks and goes in to the car...I need to take the whole thing out or take it somewhere to do it...I think i need to replace the track assembly or something..so it can shut completely...

I haven done anything cause is expensive and a lot of work to do....But now is a must..and i need to do something asap.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 PM

Look up the diagrams for the sunroof and get it apart. You might need to shim it. If you don't feel like doing it then pay someone. If you don't know how to fix it then read about it till you do. I've got a sunroof too but it works. I've had the motor stay on when I would tilt it but now it would do that when I would retract it instead. Weird. I try to take care of it as best as I can which includes not retracting it all the way. I should grease it now that I think of it. My 3rd gen '94 had a sunroof that was dropped in but I didn't get a chance to open it up.