Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   SLIP, ABS, TCS dash lights always lit (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/594480-slip-abs-tcs-dash-lights-always-lit.html)

progrocker 07-11-2009 02:14 PM

SLIP, ABS, TCS dash lights always lit

Since spinning my wheels in the snow last winter my SLIP and ABS dash lights are always lit. Also the Traction control is stuck in the OFF position. If I disconnect the battery for a period of time will these lights reset? If not any suggestions? Thanks all.

VQrebuild96 07-11-2009 02:37 PM

4th gen with traction control?

modenaf1 07-11-2009 02:48 PM

I would start by checking the fuses. After that, I would look in the 1999 FSM. I believe there is a diagnostic procedure to get it to flash a code.

Originally Posted by VQrebuild96 (Post 7110254)
4th gen with traction control?

Some 99's got it.

FallenOne 07-11-2009 03:21 PM

there is, i would also check to make sure that your grounds and battery terminals are sufficiently tight, and that the ABS sensors are not dirty or damaged.

pmohr 07-11-2009 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by progrocker (Post 7110244)
Since spinning my wheels in the snow last winter my SLIP and ABS dash lights are always lit. Also the Traction control is stuck in the OFF position. If I disconnect the battery for a period of time will these lights reset? If not any suggestions? Thanks all.

Have you not tried this yet? It's been what, 7 months since the wintertime? Disconnecting a battery cable takes 10 seconds...

progrocker 07-11-2009 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr (Post 7110304)
Have you not tried this yet? It's been what, 7 months since the wintertime? Disconnecting a battery cable takes 10 seconds...

First thing I did was disconnect the battery cable for a couple of minutes. My question asked if it had to be disconnected for some period of time for a reset. Try completely understanding a question before offering up a condescending half assed remark genius.

pmohr 07-11-2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by progrocker (Post 7110397)
First thing I did was disconnect the battery cable for a couple of minutes. My question asked if it had to be disconnected for some period of time for a reset. Try completely understanding a question before offering up a condescending half assed remark genius.

:rolleyes:

If you're looking for help, that's not the way to talk.

Did you mention that you had already disconnected the battery? ...no, I didn't think so.

I understood the question well enough, and I've actually got the answer as well.

Anyway, I'll move along now.

Darkstonian 08-23-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr (Post 7110401)
:rolleyes:

If you're looking for help, that's not the way to talk.

Did you mention that you had already disconnected the battery? ...no, I didn't think so.

I understood the question well enough, and I've actually got the answer as well.

Anyway, I'll move along now.

Well before you do, I'd like the answer, cause I'm having the same problem, 5th gen though. If you don't want to share with the aforementioned, shoot me a PM plz. Thanks

max ride 41 08-23-2009 04:45 PM

wow pmohr, it just dawned on me that your like the chef ramsey of the maxima forums. i can imagine that you'd be screaming your replys at these guys if you had your own show. :laugh: