4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

help! new dropped suspension still feels like a hoopdie

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 AM

help! new dropped suspension still feels like a hoopdie

brand new eibachs

brand new kyb agx struts

why the hell does it feel like im in a belly rubbing civic bubble..

i have the g35s sedan wheels on it...18s with dunlop tires...

but my ride feels worse now...ok handling is better but the ride feels like ****.

tjmaxx says its the control arms..he installed by the way..so you cant say faulty install
Old 11-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Because I Can

are your agx's set to four stifness i front and 8 stiffnes to the rear....turning the dial to 1 all around and the ride will be softer...and eibachs arent said to b the softest springs... my setup is agx's with tein stechs...and it rides pretty good
Old 11-14-2009, 05:38 AM

Whats wrong with the ride, besides it feels like crap?
Is it too soft? lean too much? bottom out a lot? keep on bouncing after bumps? steering loose?
Old 11-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Are you all joking? Did you do any research on suspensions? Eibachs are basically the stiffest drop spring you can get. AGX are the harshest strut out there. Eibach and AGX is a horrible combination, Ive had it. You cant dial the AGX, its either bouncy or harsh. Problem is they are dual adjustable with one ****. In a nut shell AGX suck and youll have to live with it or get a different setup.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Because I Can

Originally Posted by JSutter
Are you all joking? Did you do any research on suspensions? Eibachs are basically the stiffest drop spring you can get. AGX are the harshest strut out there. Eibach and AGX is a horrible combination, Ive had it. You cant dial the AGX, its either bouncy or harsh. Problem is they are dual adjustable with one ****. In a nut shell AGX suck and youll have to live with it or get a different setup.
you just went way to had right there...lmao...agx arent bad at all id love to have u drive my car...my agx's are soft and so are my teins....please feel free to come drive my car...and u will see that u just must have had a suck setup
Old 11-15-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Ive had
stechs, progress, eibach, intrax, canuck, gc, stock

konis, AGX, HP, GR-2, stock

Ive ridden in a max with illuminas, htechs, tokico

SO you are right I dont know suspensions.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Because I Can

Ive had
stechs, progress, eibach, intrax, canuck, gc, stock

konis, AGX, HP, GR-2, stock

Ive ridden in a max with illuminas, htechs, tokico

SO you are right I dont know suspensions.
i never said u didnt know suspensions...infact you prolly know more than i do...but speaking for MYSELF...my agxs are set to 1 all around...and my stechs are soft...no stupid honda bounce....no cut spring style bounce...and the comfort is prly about 85% to 90% like stock
Old 11-16-2009, 01:41 PM

wow@stechs.!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

I will agree Stechs are soft. AGX on 1 is soft too, however AGX and Eibachs dont work well. Sorry to tell you its not 85-90% like stock with suck techs. Youre riding on the bump stops up front and bottoming out often out back. The ride is crap due to lack of travel. It may be soft but there is no travel.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 AM

so what is the best setup to go along with Eibachs? (serious question, not smartass)
Old 01-16-2010, 06:01 PM

Either the Koni adjustables or the Tokico Illuminas.

Did you get the Sportline or the Prokit?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by threej21
so what is the best setup to go along with Eibachs? (serious question, not smartass)
Tokico Illuminas.. they will go wel with eibachs

I have illuminas on H&R .. SEXY comfort ride im getting from that combo. Besides its known to be one of the best combination setup you can get for struts&springs
Old 01-17-2010, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by 808s96SE
Either the Koni adjustables or the Tokico Illuminas.

Did you get the Sportline or the Prokit?
havent got either yet. just picked up my 3rd 4th gen and will be dropping her soon. i cant remember which ones i put on my 1st one, but when going to eibach's website, it looked to me that they only have the pro kit for my car..
Old 07-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by stickshifta

tjmaxx says its the control arms..he installed by the way..so you cant say faulty install
can you please help me find this tjmaxx. I searched the name, and browsed through members and dont see him. I heard he can help me with engine probs.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by zhuleek
can you please help me find this tjmaxx. I searched the name, and browsed through members and dont see him. I heard he can help me with engine probs.
huh? he is on my friends list on my profile ur spelling his sn wrong
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 PM

hmm,not to thread jack..but i need new struts again
was gonna go with agx,i have maxspeed sprongs...wht struts do u guys suggest?
Old 07-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Koni
Old 07-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by showdown
you just went way to had right there...lmao...agx arent bad at all id love to have u drive my car...my agx's are soft and so are my teins....please feel free to come drive my car...and u will see that u just must have had a suck setup
i have the same set up and it rides great untill i hit the local streets
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM

I have Tein Shi .Techs and KYB AGX as well. I agree with everything JSutter said about them. They seriously lack travel and for a spring with so little travel they are too soft. They claim to be "progressive" in which the spring gets stiffer as it compresses, but to be honest, most of the spring compresses against itself as you lower the car off jack stands anyway. The S.techs are alright if you've got mostly smooth roads with cracks, but as soon as you throw any bumps or potholes at them they bottom out very easily.

The AGX's seem pretty good, though I feel like with them set on 1 they are much too underdamped for my springs, and with them set on 2 it makes a huge difference and they feel too overdamped, then going to 3 and 4 have fairly little effect.

Also, I'm not sure what lowering the front of the car this much does to the suspension geometry, because I must say, I thought the understeer was horrible before, its much worse after going from stock to s.techs and AGX's. It feels like the car doesn't roll over nearly as much and overall grip and stability is better, but when I do actually get it to the limit which is pretty rare, the car pushes hard.

Last edited by modenaf1; 07-14-2010 at 03:36 PM.