4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question about a part for auto to 5speed swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 11:15 AM

Question about a part for auto to 5speed swap

I was going over the steps on how to do the auto to 5speed swap in the how to section. Then I came to a section that talks about a spacer that goes on the inside of the car in between the firewall and the bracket for the clutch pedal. This is the section that I am talking about

"Note: On a factory car w/ 5speed there is a spacer that is ¾ of an inch thick that is on the inside of the firewall. The 2 bolts that are on the clutch pedal that travel through the firewall go through this spacer, and somehow you will need to recreate it (VERY IMPORTANT!! that you get it just the right size, maybe buy the spacer from Nissan)."

I have tried to find this spacer but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know the part number for this part? Or how are the people that have done the swap gotten around this?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by bumping96
I was going over the steps on how to do the auto to 5speed swap in the how to section. Then I came to a section that talks about a spacer that goes on the inside of the car in between the firewall and the bracket for the clutch pedal. This is the section that I am talking about

"Note: On a factory car w/ 5speed there is a spacer that is ¾ of an inch thick that is on the inside of the firewall. The 2 bolts that are on the clutch pedal that travel through the firewall go through this spacer, and somehow you will need to recreate it (VERY IMPORTANT!! that you get it just the right size, maybe buy the spacer from Nissan)."

I have tried to find this spacer but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know the part number for this part? Or how are the people that have done the swap gotten around this?

you cant buy this its welded to the car... i measured it its 17 mm.. what i would do i got to homo depo and get some spacers to go around those bolts..
Old 11-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Okay, thanks for your help f550maranello2.