4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 01:45 PM

HELP PLEASE!

Ok so my friend is buying a MT. ECU off of me. He wants to test it first on his car but i disagree because of the mechanic who is working on his car. I don't want him to put it in and fry it if his wiring is messed up.

I told him ill give him it for cheap but AS IS for $40 because i don't know what else is wrong with his car...but he still wants it cheaper because of the 'no guarantee'...

He said they put in an automatic trans. ECU inside but it did not start the car... Can an auto ECU start it?
Old 12-05-2009, 02:12 PM

Someone correct me if im wrong, but an AUTO ecu can start a MANUAL car, but it will throw a code for the transmission. How does he know its the ecu thats messed up?
Old 12-05-2009, 06:54 PM
No more Maximas...

Yes, an auto ECU will work in a 5 speed car. Same with the opposite, though it won't control the TCM.

And why the complete thread title failure?
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...ing-forum.html
Originally Posted by phenryiv1
People, please be more descriptive in your subject titles. For example, "cone intake," "red/clears," "suspension," "emblems," are not subject titles...they are isolated words. Describe the main problem/question/comment in the subject line ... please! Don't type one or two words and make the rest of the Org try to guess what you're trying to say.

And of course, this extends to the body of your post. Please be as descriptive as possible.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by pmohr
Yes, an auto ECU will work in a 5 speed car. Same with the opposite, though it won't control the TCM.

And why the complete thread title failure?
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...ing-forum.html

Sorry but THANKS SO MUCH!

Pmohr always has the answer lol.