4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ok, using pmhor's decoder

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 AM

Ok, using pmhor's decoder

i found this

Code: P0443 | Description: EVAP Canister Purge Control Valve/Solenoid Valve

but the EGR still confuses me and i hope i am looking at the right one

can someone show a picture of which it be?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:08 AM

What? What about an egr? Thats for EVAP..? Please clarify
for an egr problem most likely it is clogged, for evap it could be a bad solinoid or a rusted through hose.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by HandsonMaxima.
What? What about an egr? Thats for EVAP..? Please clarify
for an egr problem most likely it is clogged, for evap it could be a bad solinoid or a rusted through hose.

well i got it wrong... T-T
Old 01-17-2010, 08:02 AM

Ok here is a few more codes.

Have you guys seen or heard of these codes before? All my scanner says is that it is a code that is not in the database of my scanner and Pmhor decoder doesnt list them.

Here are the 3 codes..

P00BF - Not found in database

B3FB9 - Not found in database

P104B - Code is defined by vehicle manufacturer

Can someone help me out please?

and my engine wont start.

It will crank but, i dunno wont start

so any help is REALLY appreciated
Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by dkillahster
Have you guys seen or heard of these codes before? All my scanner says is that it is a code that is not in the database of my scanner and Pmhor decoder doesnt list them.

Here are the 3 codes..

P00BF - Not found in database

B3FB9 - Not found in database

P104B - Code is defined by vehicle manufacturer

Can someone help me out please?

and my engine wont start.

It will crank but, i dunno wont start

so any help is REALLY appreciated
There are no such codes. After the first letter, OBD-II codes aren't alphanumeric. Either your scanner or your ECU is spitting out the wrong data, and given that you now have a no-start situation, I'd be inclined to say a bad ECU.

Did you do anything immediately prior to this issue?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:28 AM

Ok, long story.

Originally Posted by pmohr
There are no such codes. After the first letter, OBD-II codes aren't alphanumeric. Either your scanner or your ECU is spitting out the wrong data, and given that you now have a no-start situation, I'd be inclined to say a bad ECU.

Did you do anything immediately prior to this issue?
Umm, well the story started out with me Changing the valve cover gaskets hoping to stop the oil leaks. And it did.

But when i put everything back together, i had one main issue, The collant hoses running underneath the Throttle Body.

I noticed that when i hooked those hoses back together, and started the car, I drove to my work area and noticed smoke coming out, and looked under the hood and there was coolant all over the transmission case, and everything else. (thus it was a loose coolant hose) so i tightened the hose ( or i think i did ), and it was still leaking. so i decided to do this. and i guess it was wrong in everyway, and i accept my idiotic attempt to, instead of running the coolant hoses through the throttle which they were suppose to be, instead, i take the hoses and run them together, bypassing the throttle. And i decided to crank her up. So she started, and then maybe 3 minutes after the startup, it started spitting really bad, and RPM's was dropping down to 300 RPM and it felt as if it were running on literally 2 cylinders. and after the bogging down, and RPM drop, the car cut off and didn't start again. So i take my scanner and scanned the car. And the scanner came with a P0300 code, Random Multiple Misfire. So with that in mind and the car not starting, i don't know what else to do now. So i went back under the hood, and hooked the coolant hoses back to the TB and was hoping everything worked again, but nope. Nothing works. It won't start but it will turn over. So that was all that happened yesterday, but as far as today, I am stumbled over whats going on. And maybe your right Phmor, i might need a new ECU. Because, i took the spark plugs out, and they were filled with gas, but i looked inside the cylinder and noticed that theres alot of debris and the piston head was wet. I also removed the TB once more to look inside, and noticed it was wet in there as well. and i thought to myself maybe the coolant looked in the TB and into the UIM somehow? but i could be wrong. But i also noticed it was Burning White exhaust before the car shut off.

So i woke up this morning to try to scan the car again, and thats where those 3 weird codes came from when i scanned it. It was Odd enough the way the code was on the scanner. And the check engine light would be on but no code was be present, but when i scan for the freeze frame data, it will show like a p0300 code or a p0400 code (<-- not clear on what 400 code it was)

So what do you think it would be, after everything said?

Last edited by dkillahster; 01-17-2010 at 09:31 AM.