4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stillen rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Stillen rear spoiler

Is the current stillen rear spoiler higher than the stock one? I tried asking stillen but they did not know???
Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Donating i30 Owner

the type X one is higher... I think type"x" is what they were calling it. I mean it would be kinda stupid for stillen to sell an OEM replacement. that would be like selling a oem replica bumper cover BY stillen.

Ionicmaxima or ionicdesign.. those guys have one that i know is raised in carbon fiber or fiber glass..
Old 03-28-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
the type X one is higher... I think type"x" is what they were calling it. I mean it would be kinda stupid for stillen to sell an OEM replacement. that would be like selling a oem replica bumper cover BY stillen.

Ionicmaxima or ionicdesign.. those guys have one that i know is raised in carbon fiber or fiber glass..
(BTW it is the type I)I know the type II is higher but they dont make that one anymore. I agree it would be stupid...unless they are selling to people who didn't have the wing to begin with. The pictures on the web site show it taller but when I asked they "thought" it was the same hieght as stock before I ordered I really wanted to know thanks. Does anyone know if it will all mount just like the stock one?

Last edited by buttonhook; 03-28-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by buttonhook
(BTW it is the type I)I know the type II is higher but they dont make that one anymore. I agree it would be stupid...unless they are selling to people who didn't have the wing to begin with. The pictures on the web site show it taller but when I asked they "thought" it was the same hieght as stock before I ordered I really wanted to know thanks. Does anyone know if it will all mount just like the stock one?
It would be the type II, I bought mine a while back and I think it was from Paradox systems. It was the Stillen replica type II spoiler with the clear led break light. Stillen I think no longer makes them.
I got mine for about 200 bucks if I recall correctly. Then you will have to pay someone to paint it and mount it.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by maxprivate
It would be the type II, I bought mine a while back and I think it was from Paradox systems. It was the Stillen replica type II spoiler with the clear led break light. Stillen I think no longer makes them.
I got mine for about 200 bucks if I recall correctly. Then you will have to pay someone to paint it and mount it.
The one that is on the stillen web site is the type I...not the type II. My question is ...is the one in the picture the one you get? because the one in the picture appears taller. And stillen does not sell the type II any more only the type I.

Surely someone has bought one form stillen and knows for sure please see pictures
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...N&model=MAXIMA

Last edited by buttonhook; 03-28-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Black Lion

The one that is on the stillen web site is the type I...not the type II. My question is ...is the one in the picture the one you get? because the one in the picture appears taller. And stillen does not sell the type II any more only the type I.

Surely someone has bought one form stillen and knows for sure please see pictures
If they can't tell you its taller, than thats terrible service on their part. Heres a pic of mine. You see it looks like the one Stillen has, use your best judgement. Stillen rear spoiler-max-shining-.jpg
Old 03-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by maxprivate
If they can't tell you its taller, than thats terrible service on their part. Heres a pic of mine. You see it looks like the one Stillen has, use your best judgement. Attachment 1556
does it attach the same way as stock with the 4 bolts and the 4 clips on the end?
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Donating i30 Owner

... type II makes more sense than type x.... The only one ive seen which is on my mechanics car, which is authentic looks like it attaches to the stock mount points. the sides dont attach its the two "feet" in between the "wing like area that attaches to the car.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Black Lion

does it attach the same way as stock with the 4 bolts and the 4 clips on the end?
I had a shop mount it for me, so I couldn't give you any info on that. Im assuming that it uses the same mounting holes.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
... type II makes more sense than type x.... The only one ive seen which is on my mechanics car, which is authentic looks like it attaches to the stock mount points. the sides dont attach its the two "feet" in between the "wing like area that attaches to the car.
so what do you do with the hole that the clips are in...fill????