4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Code p1105....Car stalling....used the search but no luck....need some help/feedback

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 PM

Code p1105....Car stalling....used the search but no luck....need some help/feedback

Well truth be told there are actually about 7 other codes, but none that should have any bearing on the stalling issue. For the sake of giving up as much detail as possible those codes are as follows......

p0400
p0110
p0180
p1441
p0105
p0443
p0446
and the p1105

Keep in mind that all of the above codes except the p1105 have shown up on scans for years of trouble free driving.

So i did the searching for all the codes and eventually come back to the p1105. However, i'm puzzled as the a/f metering points to the MAF, no? If that is the case the car still revs all the way through the rpm range. My understanding is that if its bad you'll be limited to limp mode of 2k or 2.5k or something in that range.
I know for certain the car is dumping to much fuel. Well, at least fairly certain. If revving the engine to the upper end of the rpm range while in park it'll toss out a light cloud of black smoke and the smell of fuel is easily picked up. The car will start up and run just fine for a few miles to the grocery, but by the time i get back its sputtering and and having trouble keeping idle. Eventually if left alone long enough it'll die out.

Through the searching some suggestions mentioned the egr tube so i took all that apart and it was fine. Cleaned everything up anyway cause i was already in there, and replaced with new gaskets. Cleaned up MAF sensor and replaced the IAT(fell apart on me). While under the hood i put on a new 300zx filter even though the old one was good. It was cheap, right there, and easy to do.....so why not. New belt replacement nearly got the better of me, but did that too. Again, cheap and needed them. Only thing i didn't do was the TB gasket, but couldn't see any reason to bother taking mine apart as it all looked really good.
What is puzzling is the car has never given me a lick of problems and is still under 100k miles. So, anybody got any ideas to toss out here?

Last edited by tampamax; 05-27-2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: corrected grammatical errors
Old 05-26-2010, 09:55 PM

You are confusing MAP for MAF. The MAF will not let you rev past 2500 RPM and will be in limp mode. As for all those other codes, you have some MAJOR EVAP Issues. You must be using a lot of gas and also temperature sensors for the air and fiel. You need to start taking care of this car better if you want it to last and not cost you a ton in the long run to repair IMO.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 AM

yeah, p1105 is for MAP/BARO solenoid valve. There is a tube from the MAP/BARO that connects to the Absolute pressure sensor, AKA the boost sensor. replace MAP/Baro solenoid
Old 05-27-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by cashoit
yeah, p1105 is for MAP/BARO solenoid valve. There is a tube from the MAP/BARO that connects to the Absolute pressure sensor, AKA the boost sensor. replace MAP/Baro solenoid

I thought the p0105 was for the MAP/Baro circuit malfunction, and p1105 was for the manual control fuel/air metering.
Even with a map/baro system malfunction the car would still operate no?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
You are confusing MAP for MAF. The MAF will not let you rev past 2500 RPM and will be in limp mode. As for all those other codes, you have some MAJOR EVAP Issues. You must be using a lot of gas and also temperature sensors for the air and fiel. You need to start taking care of this car better if you want it to last and not cost you a ton in the long run to repair IMO.

No, i realize the difference....just mistyped. The car is taken care of. The evap codes are there because most of the evap system was taken out a long time ago. Hence the reason for having those codes for so long.