4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

help from people around evansville in and near nashville and clarksville tn

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 09:51 PM

help from people around evansville in and near nashville and clarksville tn

heres the deal...sears told me if i find a place that sells tires cheaper than what they can get they will match it. The place has to be close to the sears in clarksville. i need the cheapest place and phone number that has these tires cheaper. Falken fk-451 225/45/17 sears price is 130.00 i don't know is sears carry nitto or toyo but they might. in nitto nt-450 225/45/17 and toyo ts1 225/45/17
thanks for any help you can give me

Brandon
Old 12-12-2001, 09:55 PM

Re: help from people around evansville in and near nashville and clarksville tn

Originally posted by euromaxima
heres the deal...sears told me if i find a place that sells tires cheaper than what they can get they will match it. The place has to be close to the sears in clarksville. i need the cheapest place and phone number that has these tires cheaper. Falken fk-451 225/45/17 sears price is 130.00 i don't know is sears carry nitto or toyo but they might. in nitto nt-450 225/45/17 and toyo ts1 225/45/17

Brandon
needs to be moved to SE forum... but if I get some time this weekend I will call around
Old 12-13-2001, 02:10 AM

Re: help from people around evansville in and near nashville and clarksville tn

Originally posted by euromaxima

Brandon
Think outside the box they're trying to put you in. . .

Here's what I mean:

A mount and balance and four-wheel alignment are nominal costs and not all that open to variation, whether you buy your tires from the shop, or mail-order them. (You're going to pay these either way). Get an itemized quote for these services as a starting point.

Next, shop for tires online:

www.tirerack.com
www.discounttiredirect.com
www.whalentire.com

Hypothetically, if you mail-order tires, you pay shipping charges, but not sales tax. If you buy the same tires through your local shop, (assuming they've matched your best online price) you pay local sales tax on the tire purchase. (Shipping cost & tax usually net-out evenly, so it really shouldn't matter to you whether you buy via web, or buy local as far as price is concerned.

Present it to the shop this way:

You're going to get the mount, balance and 4-wheel alignment from me regardless; it's up to you if you want to book the tire sale as well. I'd rather keep all the business local and give you guys the tire sale, but considering the huge price difference (there will be one, trust me), if you can't match my best found price, I'm going to have to mail-order them.

When they tell you you'll have to pay for shipping if you mail order, tell them that you'll have to pay local tax if you buy through them, so there's really no difference to you - you just want to give them the opportunity to book the tire sale if they want it.

(You got 'em by the ball$ thanks to the power of the internet)

Good luck.