4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Procharging my VQ30DE

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
everything thats on his to do list can be swapped over or used in his vq35 build....

just sayin'

icwutudidthar.

every single mod?
Old 02-12-2011, 01:31 AM

I am not trying to flame anyone. I am not having a bad day or attempting to be rude. I am sorry people have trouble accepting reality and how forward I am.

315max - Your fundamental / what you are requesting, is so far from realistic it baffles me. I do not have the time; let it rest to point out my prior post.
If you want a fast car, do what I did and buy an additional vehicle. If you really are going to dump money into a family sedan, make it for looks and comfort.
You are so far ahead of yourself it is unreal. If you are going to "drag" a maxima for competition and you are NOT starting with a 3.5, you are wrong. This does not even consider the fact a 3.5 is way easy to force induce (in comparison). There is really no reason at all to stick with the stock engine (aside from class rules). As previous stated, until you come up with some solid ideas, I am calling BS. If I am wrong, my former advice stands, after which point I will be happy to help.
You say you want advice… on a fuel pump, yet you do not know what charger you will be using and we do not know if this is suppose to work with the 3.5 as well. How can anyone give you REAL advice? You pass off my constructive criticism because it is “rude” yet you accept non-applicable “advice?” [baffled]

Quickywd01 – You gave a bunch of advice that is both general and specific. This is not going to help him. If he does not know he is going to need headers what is he going to do with the spark plug advice? (Which is also specific to his proposed set-up.)
Again, I am not against helping this kid. But you guys want to offer advice before you even understand his intent. Is he trying to max this motor? What is his budget. I could name much more; my original point stands. If he does not know that he needs a couplers what is he going to do with a fuel pump model?

MaximaSpd85 - Swap it over to a different engine? I am not sure if you are serious or not. However, if anyone is seriously thinking about doing this, it is not a good idea. Match your compressors, management… (entire system).

One last time - Until we know specifics there is NO point in giving advice. Honestly guys, you do not even know what class he is running in, what regulations and limitations said class demands. This just names the most BASIC contingent information.

In my opinion those offering ‘help’ are not actually helping. (If you are wondering about my intent, now you know.) I do not want to see this kid steered wrong anymore than anyone else. If I did not care I would not post!
Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 AM

We're kidding, just trolling u cause theres so much fail here (4th gen section) there's not much else to do...

A lot of people have been spot on in their "mean/harsh/rude" responses, we're not here to spoonfeed people, especially when I just spent like 10 minutes searching through the supercharged/turbo section of this forum and learned more than what i care to learn about boosting these cars (staying N/A awl day, err-day).

But there is a time when to help someone out because of all of the dismay and dare I say it poor stickies, I'm trying my best in my spare time to have an ultimate exhaust thread so people will not have to ask one of the all time favorites... "What exhaust." Depending on how hard it is to make it, I will probably do a Suspension Info thread too... But that can get really messy reeeeel quick.

Last edited by aackshun; 02-12-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by adroitcaptor
I am not trying to flame anyone. I am not having a bad day or attempting to be rude. I am sorry people have trouble accepting reality and how forward I am.

315max - Your fundamental / what you are requesting, is so far from realistic it baffles me. I do not have the time; let it rest to point out my prior post.
If you want a fast car, do what I did and buy an additional vehicle. If you really are going to dump money into a family sedan, make it for looks and comfort.
You are so far ahead of yourself it is unreal. If you are going to "drag" a maxima for competition and you are NOT starting with a 3.5, you are wrong. This does not even consider the fact a 3.5 is way easy to force induce (in comparison). There is really no reason at all to stick with the stock engine (aside from class rules). As previous stated, until you come up with some solid ideas, I am calling BS. If I am wrong, my former advice stands, after which point I will be happy to help.
You say you want advice… on a fuel pump, yet you do not know what charger you will be using and we do not know if this is suppose to work with the 3.5 as well. How can anyone give you REAL advice? You pass off my constructive criticism because it is “rude” yet you accept non-applicable “advice?” [baffled]

Quickywd01 – You gave a bunch of advice that is both general and specific. This is not going to help him. If he does not know he is going to need headers what is he going to do with the spark plug advice? (Which is also specific to his proposed set-up.)
Again, I am not against helping this kid. But you guys want to offer advice before you even understand his intent. Is he trying to max this motor? What is his budget. I could name much more; my original point stands. If he does not know that he needs a couplers what is he going to do with a fuel pump model?

MaximaSpd85 - Swap it over to a different engine? I am not sure if you are serious or not. However, if anyone is seriously thinking about doing this, it is not a good idea. Match your compressors, management… (entire system).

One last time - Until we know specifics there is NO point in giving advice. Honestly guys, you do not even know what class he is running in, what regulations and limitations said class demands. This just names the most BASIC contingent information.

In my opinion those offering ‘help’ are not actually helping. (If you are wondering about my intent, now you know.) I do not want to see this kid steered wrong anymore than anyone else. If I did not care I would not post!
i thought i posted that im using the c-2 procharger. im boosting the stock engine so i can race over the summer, then next winter i am building a 35. almost everything that i am putting on the 30 will be going into the 35. there is a method to my madness. a boosted 30 is more than enough to win a lot of street races where i go. theres a lot of guys that go there with stock cars, and i have beaten some boosted civics with my stock max, and i mean completely stock!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by 315max
. a boosted 30 is more than enough to win a lot of street races where i go. theres a lot of guys that go there with stock cars, and i have beaten some boosted civics with my stock max, and i mean completely stock!
Street racing FTMFL

take it to a track
Old 02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
Street racing FTMFL

take it to a track
Street racing in a Maxima=extra FTMFL. OP, you want to build this car up to street race? Really? While you're at it can you bring democracy to the world and end world hunger?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:26 PM

WTF are YOU talking about? Please tell my why he cant use a walbro 255 on his 3.5 setup? or his headers? or his exhaust? or 1 step colder plugs? or his Emanage Ultimate? I'll be waiting...until then stfu. Every single one last post of yours makes you sound like a dang jerk.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 PM

WTF are YOU talking about? Please tell my why he cant use a walbro 255 on his 3.5 setup? or his headers? or his exhaust? or 1 step colder plugs? or his Emanage Ultimate? I'll be waiting...until then stfu. Every single one last post of yours makes you sound like a dang jerk.
thank you, that is exactly what i am planning on doin. i cant afford the fullbuild before race season starts and i dont want to run stock
Old 02-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Pretty harsh, but also true. I don't see why most of it wouldn't fit a 3.5 also. Plus, he could sell what doesn't fit anymore and break even...or close to it.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:52 PM

WTF are YOU talking about?
HAHAH I think that dude is just mad he ain't getting blown.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Quickywd01
HAHAH I think that dude is just mad he ain't getting blown.
I always prefer to be blown.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 PM

i thought i posted that im using the c-2 procharger. im boosting the stock engine so i can race over the summer, then next winter i am building a 35. almost everything that i am putting on the 30 will be going into the 35. there is a method to my madness. a boosted 30 is more than enough to win a lot of street races where i go. theres a lot of guys that go there with stock cars, and i have beaten some boosted civics with my stock max, and i mean completely stock!
In that case, get a Sr20 overnighted from japan matched to a motech system exhaust. Call it a day.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by VisciousMo
In that case, get a Sr20 overnighted from japan matched to a motech system exhaust. Call it a day.
no thanks, id rather stick with the VQ.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:29 PM

then start reading and learn about it.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:36 AM

I feel this thread has gone from discussing an issue to discussing people's emotional convictions. I do not suppose we will be bringing up the inherent hypocrisy in the above accusative post along with my gross neglect of social normality.

That said, let me make it clear, I am not here to make people feel bad or crap on people. If you thought that or read sarcasm in my post, my apologies.

Addressing MaximaSpd85 - Sure there is a lot you can use, if not most of the build. I am trying to consider how much he will be spending and suggesting he does so correctly. JMHO. Do it however you want.
A fuel pump, sure; that was not the spirit of my post. Suggesting it can be swapped is fine, I said nothing to the possibility other than doing such was "not a good idea." I did not say "acceptable, doable, etc." Bottom line, again IMO, spending that amount of money on an engine, trans, FI, etc...

I find it odd people say they want advice but in reality they want only advice which they want... I am done defending myself. Again, apologies I came across as an heal. I often am far to blunt/objective.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 AM

Only 3 people in this thread know what's going on. The rest are morons who probably paint their stock brakes and talk about what's the best LEDs to put in their interiors. Really these morons are 100% driven by opinion. This should be moved to the boosted section. Too much and in here.

As far as your setup is concerned...
The only issue I can see is mounting. Making a bracket and getting belt.
Walbro pump & fat injectors
e-Manage Ultimate, wideband for tuning

Everything else is stuff that's normally associated with boost.

Last edited by MoncefA33; 02-13-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:09 AM

I was making a Fast & The Furious reference , as you mentioned going to street racing events.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Administrator

I was making a Fast & The Furious reference , as you mentioned going to street racing events.
I got your F&F reference..., but it clearly went over the OP's head, just like the rest of the substantial advice given in this thread.

OP, overcome the hardest stuff first like the custom bracket and the belt, the rest will be gravy.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Wiz, can I have your car? keep the supra, I want the max
Old 02-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Only 3 people in this thread know what's going on. The rest are morons who probably paint their stock brakes and talk about
Which three?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Wiz, can I have your car? keep the supra, I want the max
Old 02-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

why do u say that the chances arent good? somebody had to build the original stillen kit, especially since its just a vortech supercharger with custom piping. its my money, i'll "waste" it how i want to. i dont need a house, id rather live with my parents and have the fastest car around
Now you are comparing yourself to Stillen?

Theres is no arguing with you.

You obvoiusly have life figured out then. Congratulations.

Have fun street racing your car and living with your parents for the rest of your life.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Go roots type like CraigMack, that be cool.
Why so he can crash it on the way to the dyno?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:17 PM

Ive got a max
I can build a supercharger kit that is just as good as good as stillen's
I know more about cars than everyone, but I need help
Im going to ask for help, but shoot you down when you give it
Im going to go skreet race against honda's
Profit?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:25 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by JSutter
Why so he can crash it on the way to the dyno?
Oohh man srsly

That has to be one of the most memorable days in 4th gen History.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 02-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Oohh man srsly

That has to be one of the most memorable days in 4th gen History.
Am I missing something??
Old 02-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Boosted Panda

Am I missing something??
Yup, you havent been here long enough.........
Old 02-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
nearly 6 years. Must have been epic people still remember about something that happened before that
Old 02-15-2011, 04:25 PM

Haha I love this guy's post. It just feels really collegiate.
I feel this thread has gone from discussing an issue to discussing people's emotional convictions. I do not suppose we will be bringing up the inherent hypocrisy in the above accusative post along with my gross neglect of social normality.

That said, let me make it clear, I am not here to make people feel bad or crap on people. If you thought that or read sarcasm in my post, my apologies.

Addressing MaximaSpd85 - Sure there is a lot you can use, if not most of the build. I am trying to consider how much he will be spending and suggesting he does so correctly. JMHO. Do it however you want.
A fuel pump, sure; that was not the spirit of my post. Suggesting it can be swapped is fine, I said nothing to the possibility other than doing such was "not a good idea." I did not say "acceptable, doable, etc." Bottom line, again IMO, spending that amount of money on an engine, trans, FI, etc...

I find it odd people say they want advice but in reality they want only advice which they want... I am done defending myself. Again, apologies I came across as an heal. I often am far to blunt/objective.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Boosted Panda

nearly 6 years. Must have been epic people still remember about something that happened before that
The event took place in 2003,
Epic becuase Craig was the first to use a roots blower, and after resolving all his issues he wrecked his car.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM

The event took place in 2003,
Epic becuase Craig was the first to use a roots blower, and after resolving all his issues he wrecked his car.
that sucks . . First Ive heard of it
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM

that sucks . . First Ive heard of it
Yeah thats rough.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:43 PM

why do u say that the chances arent good? somebody had to build the original stillen kit, especially since its just a vortech supercharger with custom piping. its my money, i'll "waste" it how i want to. i dont need a house, id rather live with my parents and have the fastest car around
whats the point of having a fast car to pick up broads in if you cant bring them back home to smash?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM

Ive got a max
I can build a supercharger kit that is just as good as good as stillen's
I know more about cars than everyone, but I need help
Im going to ask for help, but shoot you down when you give it
Im going to go skreet race against honda's
Profit?
all stillen did was find a suitable supercharger, mass produce a bracket and charge pipe. i can do that to, there's nothing special involved. i know a lot about cars but idk more than everubody else. never said i did. and everybody that actually gave me help i thanked. whats so bad about racing hondas? they all think theyre hott **** until they get smoked by a stock car.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:09 PM

all stillen did was find a suitable supercharger, mass produce a bracket and charge pipe. i can do that to, there's nothing special involved. i know a lot about cars but idk more than everubody else. never said i did. and everybody that actually gave me help i thanked. whats so bad about racing hondas? they all think theyre hott **** until they get smoked by a stock car.

It's not so much the actual Honda's you're racing, just the way you portrayed it. This is a forum, of course we are going to make fun of you for boasting of your street racing career.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by xtremepb0
whats the point of having a fast car to pick up broads in if you cant bring them back home to smash?
co-sign
Old 02-15-2011, 08:13 PM

THIS
Old 02-15-2011, 08:41 PM

Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM

It's not so much the actual Honda's you're racing, just the way you portrayed it. This is a forum, of course we are going to make fun of you for boasting of your street racing career.
Specially in a nationwide forum, goto a local forum if you want the daily drama of screet racin' (H-I's is the biggest b**** fest/d*** riding contest I've ever seen... Until I joined KCSR... This place is working it's way up there though).

But it does bring me much laughter, when pots are calling kettles black in here, or when some people come in sounding all hard like they reaaaallllllly got a grip on things.

And now... we're waaay off topic

I'd personally like to see this work, now that I've understood the basic concepts of S/C'ng these cars AFTER SPENDING SOME TIME IN THE F/I SECTION (I kinda want an SC'er now)

Last edited by aackshun; 02-15-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:02 PM

Yes, a nice twin-screw supercharger would be nice.... and expensive. =)
Oh right, these things cost money. And not 100's of dollars..... 1000's of dollars!
So, at $300/week if you want to sit at home and play video games for the next half a year then you might be able to afford it... Unless your sponsors don't mind paying for it.

Quick Reply: Procharging my VQ30DE