4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cattman and WSP greetings

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 09:19 PM

Cattman and WSP greetings

Anyone owned both a WSP and a Cattman Y pipe? Just wondering cuzz they could tell me there personal differences and which one they liked better.

}{{}INSTRUCTIONS{}}{
Old 12-20-2001, 09:21 PM

we do have this nice thing called a search.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:22 PM
Administrator

I have the 3rd Gen Cattman Y pipe and i used to own the 1st Gen Warpspeed pipe..

now my Warpspeed pipe wasn't all that.. but .. that might not be accurate information to you as warpspeed has improved their product line recently...

I love my cattman pipe.. nice quiet.. very powerfull
Old 12-20-2001, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by Kashoggio
we do have this nice thing called a search.
I want to know if people had both. Take a hike.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by puremax

ouch, now that hurts, I am goin to go cry now
Old 12-20-2001, 09:45 PM

Well, if you had searched, you would have found the exact answer you're looking for. In fact, Breaux124 even made a nice writeup about the whole thing which you would have found.

Old 12-20-2001, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
Well, if you had searched, you would have found the exact answer you're looking for. In fact, Breaux124 even made a nice writeup about the whole thing which you would have found.

Old 12-20-2001, 10:28 PM

sheesh.. don't respond if you don't want to guys..
don't have to be mean about it...
Old 12-20-2001, 11:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

We own both!!!

We own a first generation Cattman Y pipe which we tested our first generation Y pipe against, I heard our first generation Y pipe recently also outperformed the 2nd generation Cattman Y pipe too. Dan and I personally use the WarpSpeed Y pipes on our 1993SE and our 1996SE Maxima's. I have a non-mandrel bent aluminized steel prototype on mine and Dan has an aluminized steel mandrel bent on his. Neither much louder than stock, no hiss or bees in a can sound.

I got subframes, Dan does not and he is not happy about it. Maybe for Christmas.

Dallas
WarpSpeed Performance
Old 12-20-2001, 11:35 PM

Hello!!!! Being lazy pays off now!
Old 12-21-2001, 01:10 AM

But has anyone given you a straight answer to your question? Everyone kind of dances around the subject. breaux actually had dyno comparisons and everything. Right now all you have is Sprint saying his WSP wasn't great, but that their new ones are better, but he's not sure. And you have one of the WSP owners saying that their pipes are better. Is that an unbiased opinion? Call Cattman and ask him which pipe he thinks is better, bet his answer will be different than Dallas'.

Old 12-21-2001, 08:36 AM

I've had both, and I don't work for either Cattman or Warpspeed. Does that make my opinion the only truely "unbiased" opinion?

I even have photos and dyno charts to prove my claims, so I guess that gives credit to my belief.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:32 PM

But has anyone given you a straight answer to your question? Everyone kind of dances around the subject. breaux actually had dyno comparisons and everything. Right now all you have is Sprint saying his WSP wasn't great, but that their new ones are better, but he's not sure. And you have one of the WSP owners saying that their pipes are better. Is that an unbiased opinion? Call Cattman and ask him which pipe he thinks is better, bet his answer will be different than Dallas'.

la la la
Old 12-22-2001, 08:34 PM

Originally posted by breaux124
I've had both, and I don't work for either Cattman or Warpspeed. Does that make my opinion the only truely "unbiased" opinion?

I even have photos and dyno charts to prove my claims, so I guess that gives credit to my belief.
Well, which one did you like better?
Old 12-22-2001, 09:01 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

I just got a WSP Mandrel Bent, aluminized 2.5" Y in the mail and it arrived today. From the way it looks the bends are extremely smooth, (I cant see any bend lines at all), and it is really light-weight.

WSP even called us to make sure we got it. Now thats what I call good business.
Old 12-22-2001, 11:40 PM

wsp gives good business and their pipes are great. i had a problem with ccattman sent it back got a wsp and it fit perfect. great performance with the greddy.
Old 12-23-2001, 12:08 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I just installed my Warpspeed non-mandrel bent Y-pipe and I love it. It's a 2.5" setup vs my old Stillen 2 1/8" setup. The none mandrel bend is hardly noticeable in appearance. I'm very impressed. I had to jiggle it a little to get it to fit, but otherwise it fits perfectly. It's not a bad buy for less than $200.

Dave
Old 12-23-2001, 01:20 AM

quote of the week right there
Old 12-23-2001, 03:14 AM

excellent, excellent.
Old 12-23-2001, 09:25 AM

excellent, excellent.
Ya. If you don't have alot of $ to spend, or even if you do, I recommend Warpspeed. So far the least if any amount of fitment problems, no beez-in-the-can sound, and the lowest prices. Tell 'em Craig sen't ya
Old 12-23-2001, 09:43 AM

Me gusta el Cattman Ypipe
Old 12-23-2001, 10:57 AM

I have a cattman ypipe that i got on the group deal. I HATE this thing! Its definitely a good performance mod, but it doubled the interior noise and car vibrates at every light like the idle is too low or something. It just really sucks, my old 87 cavalier didnt vibrate this much. The guy at the shop told me i may have messed up motor mounts because that mesh cover on the stock ypipe was messed up (like coming off). Could this be causing perhaps the engine and the exhaust to vibrate? I dont think its hitting anything, but im not sure. Do i need to break it the pipe in for a while? i only have it for a few days.
Old 12-23-2001, 12:18 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

With my Stillen pipe there was some vibration, but hardly annoying. With the Warpspeed pipe there is nothing. It feels stock. I think the reason the Stillen vibrated more (and maybe the Cattman too) is that the Stillen/Cattman flex section is too short. The Warpspeed flex is a bit longer and fatter than the Stillen. The Warpspeeds flex length is about the same as stock. I think the extra length absorbs of the engine vibration.

Dave
Old 12-23-2001, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by skeelo34
I have a cattman ypipe that i got on the group deal. I HATE this thing! Its definitely a good performance mod, but it doubled the interior noise and car vibrates at every light like the idle is too low or something. It just really sucks, my old 87 cavalier didnt vibrate this much. The guy at the shop told me i may have messed up motor mounts because that mesh cover on the stock ypipe was messed up (like coming off). Could this be causing perhaps the engine and the exhaust to vibrate? I dont think its hitting anything, but im not sure. Do i need to break it the pipe in for a while? i only have it for a few days.
have you tried adjusting your idle???

I reccomend the cattman pipe personally. I had the warpspeed pipe and I currently have the cattman pipe and I like the cattman much better. I like the sound it gives the car a lot better than the warpspeed. The WS pipe is good if you want to keep a decent level of volume where the cattman will step it up a notch. as far as power, I couldnt honestly tell you which has more as I have never dyno'd or anything. So if you want to be cheap and quiet go for ws if you want a little more expensive (but there is a reputation behind cattman for quality) and a little more noise then go for cattman.
Old 12-23-2001, 01:04 PM

I had issues with Warpspeed's Ypipe and no problems with Cattmans, so I prefer Cattmans. But this is my opinion based on my experiences.

Here's my review:
http://www.bryanb.com/site/maxima/ypipes/review.html

And here is why I don't like Warpspeed,
This is a copy of all the emails to and from warpspeed:
http://www.bryanb.com/site/maxima/ypipes/warpspeed.doc

All of my experiences came from the very beginning of warpspeed as a company. It seems since that in time they've improved and changed alot, so this information may be outdated, but this was my experience.
Old 12-23-2001, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by breaux124

I had issues with Warpspeed's Ypipe and no problems with Cattmans, so I prefer Cattmans. But this is my opinion based on my experiences.

Here's my review:
http://www.bryanb.com/site/maxima/ypipes/review.html

And here is why I don't like Warpspeed,
This is a copy of all the emails to and from warpspeed:
http://www.bryanb.com/site/maxima/ypipes/warpspeed.doc

All of my experiences came from the very beginning of warpspeed as a company. It seems since that in time they've improved and changed alot, so this information may be outdated, but this was my experience.

Dude! I feel bad for you. You got worked by WSP. They said they were going to give you a new Y pipe but didn't. What they did was uncalled for. You waited for months. The BS that happened to you, no one should go threw that, you get so annoyed and ****ed off. I have gone though similar things. I am convinced. I will probably get a Cattman Y pipe now after reading that. What you said at the end of the e-mail was very good. Thanks for informing me of this.

PureMax
Old 12-23-2001, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
I just got a WSP Mandrel Bent, aluminized 2.5" Y in the mail and it arrived today. From the way it looks the bends are extremely smooth, (I cant see any bend lines at all), and it is really light-weight.

WSP even called us to make sure we got it. Now thats what I call good business.
No bend lines=mandrel bend.
Old 12-23-2001, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic

Old 12-23-2001, 02:55 PM

Old 12-23-2001, 02:58 PM

gay
Old 12-23-2001, 03:00 PM

Wipe off your forehead. Anyways off to work. Have a good night.
Old 12-23-2001, 03:09 PM

: Anyways off to work. Have a good night.
Bye Gregory!!
Old 12-23-2001, 03:42 PM

Guess they changed their ways. Still getting a Cattman.

PureMax
Old 12-23-2001, 08:03 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by FahCue

(but there is a reputation behind cattman for quality) and a little more noise then go for cattman.
Hmmm....nearly every person that has gotten a Cattman Y-pipe has had to beat the pipe to get to fit. Some people have had to literally bend the pipe to get it to fit. I suggest doing a search about Cattman Y-pipes. Please read up. Out of the 4 y-pipes available, Cattman's a by far the highest number of fitment issues.

As for the WSP vs Bryan saga, you should also hear the WSP comments to the situation. You should always here both sides before passing judgement. I'm not saying either was right, but please look at both sides.

Dave
Old 12-23-2001, 08:09 PM

Ask your boyfriend
Old 12-23-2001, 08:30 PM

Warpspeed has very good business manners. It's a family business, and a damn good one.
Old 12-23-2001, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by nismomaxse97

Ask your boyfriend
Don't ever post like this again. I will tap dance on your brain, you little puke.
Old 12-24-2001, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by Dave B

Hmmm....nearly every person that has gotten a Cattman Y-pipe has had to beat the pipe to get to fit. Some people have had to literally bend the pipe to get it to fit. I suggest doing a search about Cattman Y-pipes. Please read up. Out of the 4 y-pipes available, Cattman's a by far the highest number of fitment issues.

As for the WSP vs Bryan saga, you should also hear the WSP comments to the situation. You should always here both sides before passing judgement. I'm not saying either was right, but please look at both sides.

Dave
In the beginning I was unfair towards Warpspeed because of obvious personal issues with their company, but since I've always been truthful and honest.

I've even admitted that the Warpspeed Y-pipe did have a perfect fit while my Cattman required some muscle behind it. I still feel that it was inexcusable for what I was put through, but I do believe that Warpspeed learned from that mistake. It does seem from all the other opinion of maxima owners that Warpspeed has advanced as a true company and no longer a "start-up" as when I dealt with them.

If you look at the people who have had issues with Warpspeed, it was in the very early stages of them as a company. And since that time, I can't remember seeing a single complaint. So people should look around and draw their own conclusions based on them as a company today.

Even though I still hold a grudge against them, I still have to recognize the effort they are putting towards the maxima community. It seems that they've matured as a company, and hopefully overcome any and all service issues.