4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

People with H & R Drops..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:52 PM

People with H & R Drops..

How much was your camber changed after the install? I'm trying to avoid getting camber bolts if possible and was curious. Also, if you didn't install camber bolts, was the difference in your tire wear pattern noticeable? Thanks!
Edit: I heard since that since this isn't a major drop, stock shocks should be ok-can anyone back that up?

Last edited by TheWhiteWhale; 03-17-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:09 PM

I would get an allignment afterwards but i never used camber bolts and after the allignment wear is fine

you can use stock shocks but it wont last. I got Tokico Blues and have had them for 24k on the car now. no issues with h&r and blues rides great
Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by hornepirate
I would get an allignment afterwards but i never used camber bolts and after the allignment wear is fine

you can use stock shocks but it wont last. I got Tokico Blues and have had them for 24k on the car now. no issues with h&r and blues rides great
Thanks man-I figured the camber would be ok but I just wanted to make sure. I replaced my shocks a few months ago so it looks like Ill have to wear them out first. Nice ride btw-always liked beige with black wheels!

Last edited by TheWhiteWhale; 03-17-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM

yea camber will be just fine. i am on agx adjustables and h &r springs. you'll love them
Old 03-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Sold

camber falls within factory spec with out having camber bolts.
I noticed increased tire wear on the inner edge after 5 seasons on the summer tires. My tires were stretched a little so that could have been the reason.

Be aware, KYB AGX are REALLY temprature sensative. I had both kyb and tokico and I prefered the tokico whites as they didn't require adjustments to maintain a comfortable ride as the temp changed.
That was my experience anyway.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the input guys-looks like Tokicos will be the way to go in the long run!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 AM

Yo man, I jus purchased the H&Rs and blues last week. havent installed them yet...they arriving today . Im so excited yeehee

I also picked up some new eibach camber bolts. They are 20 bucks, so why not? Prolly dont need em, but on a 13 year old car, new wont hurt.

i also bought new mounts, bearings, boots, isolators, nuts too. Do it right do it once...

Last edited by cashoit; 03-18-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JSMax
camber falls within factory spec with out having camber bolts.
I noticed increased tire wear on the inner edge after 5 seasons on the summer tires. My tires were stretched a little so that could have been the reason.

Be aware, KYB AGX are REALLY temprature sensative. I had both kyb and tokico and I prefered the tokico whites as they didn't require adjustments to maintain a comfortable ride as the temp changed.
That was my experience anyway.
they can get a little stiff when its really cold out, but nothing bad by any means.

i never noticed tire wear on the inner edge. do you rotate your tires every 5k or so? i rotate my tires every 5k and have a set of 18's for the summer i switch between and both sets wear evenly
Old 03-18-2011, 03:56 PM

+1, you don't need to worry about camber bolts, but you will/should get the car aligned soon after you install springs/struts.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Swazey
i never noticed tire wear on the inner edge. do you rotate your tires every 5k or so? i rotate my tires every 5k and have a set of 18's for the summer i switch between and both sets wear evenly
My perception was that if you didn't rotate your tires, then the added weight up front might make those tires wear a bit more on the inner edges in lowered applications.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by TheWhiteWhale
My perception was that if you didn't rotate your tires, then the added weight up front might make those tires wear a bit more on the inner edges in lowered applications.
if you didnt rotate that would make sense. with this drop the camber will still be within stock specs. if you lowered on coilovers there would be more of an extreme difference in camber and would probably need adjustable camber plates to avoid any uneven wear