4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Headunit...In And Out???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 03:13 PM

Headunit...In And Out???

I'm not sure if this should be here or in the audio section but i'm putting in a new headunit...single din...my friend just did his in his jetta and it had this antitheft thing...it took him 2 days to do it and it was very hard...is the swap in the maxima basic and simple or do we have to worry about antitheft and weird antenna hook ups too???...thanx

adrian
Old 12-29-2001, 05:33 PM

all you need is a wiring harness for Nissan 95 and up $15.99 and an antenna adapter $10.99. MAtch up all the colors and you should be good to go
Old 12-29-2001, 05:35 PM
dko
duck and cover

Re: Headunit...In And Out???

Originally posted by MaxSport730
I'm not sure if this should be here or in the audio section but i'm putting in a new headunit...single din...my friend just did his in his jetta and it had this antitheft thing...it took him 2 days to do it and it was very hard...is the swap in the maxima basic and simple or do we have to worry about antitheft and weird antenna hook ups too???...thanx

adrian
Yes, there is an audio section. it's here. As for anti-theft it depends on the unit. The maxima swap is not "very hard" but a time-consuming project for someone who is new to it. Go to sounddomain and buy yourself the wiring harness ($5) and the antenna adapter ($8). You can find a great writeup on this at installdr.
Old 12-29-2001, 06:03 PM

Re: Re: Headunit...In And Out???

Here's a good link on how to get the old head unit out

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisMax2.htm

Goodluck!