4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

AUX into bose problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

AUX into bose problems

ok ive read the right up the sticky all that and still cant get it i dont have much knowledge with radios but im sure if i had a walk through i could on the old post the pics where gone can someone help me? pics maybe a walk through the cd player doesnt work and i cant afford a new radio but i do have soldering iron solder and rca cables.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:47 PM

All the info is right there, just take out your radio, remove the bottom cover, and do exactly what's in the pictures.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue.

I found all the other threads, but it looks like most of the images aren't hosted any more - specifically the diagram for what to wire where.

I've got a 99 maxima with the Bose. I took it apart and found L+/L-, R+/R-, and 2 GNDs.

I was going to try and simply attach a female aux jack (L/R/Gnd) so I soldered those to L+, R+, and GND on the headunit, but no luck.

Can someone re-upload the diagram, or let me know if there's a way to do this with just a female aux connector (I don't need the switch, I want this to be temporary anyway until I replace the HU with something better). I was planning on using the CD-of-Silence trick as an on/off.

Thanks in advance and sorry for resurrecting this, but it would be nice since all the old images are gone.

~Adam
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 AM

If this is temporary, why don't you get a tape cassette adapter that has the AUX in jack on it? Plug in the adapter and the Bose thinks it's playing a tape, eject it and you are back to radio.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would HIGHLY recommend buying a adapter from MaximaJoe on this site. It was basically plug and go for me. Very clean and nice looking mod. Sounds excellent. Look at my post near the end of this thread: http://forums.maxima.org/audio-elect...ml#post8445313
Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey, thanks for the response.

Tape isn't an option as the tape deck appears to have stopped working. Anything I put in it just gets spit back out.

I've decided to try and wire in the aux jack and an on/off switch. Already got the switch mounted on the HU faceplate.

Through tons of searching I've found that I need to wire the switch to "RXD" and "AUX ON". Problem is, I can't find "AUX ON" anywhere on my unit.

Pinout diagram I found says it should be right next to, or diagonally next to, the RXD pin. However, mine is labeled "NA" and doesn't appear to do anything when I solder the switch to it.

Ugh. At least my switch looks cool.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:24 PM

The problem you are experiencing with where to connect the wires is because the Bose head unit changes internally at the drop of a hat. You need to be looking at directions for a head unit that was made at the time your car was made. That's why it's so hard to find a place that will repair Bose.