4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

clutch slave cylinder hose and clutch hose, whats the difference!!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 AM

clutch slave cylinder hose and clutch hose, whats the difference!!?

Okay, so i'm thinking about buying a stainless steel clutch hose but would that suffice for a clutch slave cylinder hose replacement? im kind of confused, can you guys help me out. Is it the same or would it not be applicable. Thanks and God Bless!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:11 AM

Is it a one peice full replacement line? Basically it's better pedal feel and peice of mind on not having a rubber line leak and it also looks clean. I did one on mine and it was fairly easy and def something I recommended for anyone with a 5 speed
Old 02-07-2012, 07:20 AM

Our cars have this really weird/complex set of hard lines from the clutch master cylinder down thru a junction box on the side of the shock tower. There is another hard line from that junction box up the side of the shock tower to a bleed valve. Finally, there is a flexible hose from the junction box to the slave cylinder mounted on the transmission. Some portion of flexible line is necessary to allow for engine vibration/movement independently from the body of the car. However, other cars I have owned with hydraulic clutch connections have not had all of this plumbing. They have had one piece clutch lines with a flexible portion on one (slave cylinder) or both ends and a hard line portion in the middle, or have had flexible line all of the way.

You can either replace just the piece from the junction box to the slave cylinder ("clutch slave cylinder hose"); or you can replace all of the hydraulic piping with a single hose from the master to the slave. I have the hose for a complete replacement and will install it the next time I have to work on the vehicle.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by saylee
Okay, so i'm thinking about buying a stainless steel clutch hose but would that suffice for a clutch slave cylinder hose replacement? im kind of confused, can you guys help me out. Is it the same or would it not be applicable. Thanks and God Bless!
there are 2 stainless steal hose one short one that goes from the lower junction box to slave or the full ss line that goes from master cylinder to slave eliminating every thing in between go with the full one piece or go bust with 2 bleeders