4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

heeellpppp

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

heeellpppp

ok so so i new here but the site is awesome. ok so heres the deal...drivers side window ....FAIL......heres what ive done....ive replaced the switches twice...nothing.....i bought a new motor ....nothing....checked the fuses....nothing(unless im missing a fuse )....the window just stopped working..the driver side switches run all my other windows and door locks ....just no drivers side window...all wires look good...im stuck....please am i missing a fuse...oh and the regulator looks and works fine ..no frayed cables or binding....just no worky...i found my self wanting to kick the car and say why u no work...anything is appreciated
Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

wow i cant type
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 AM

Are you getting clicking sound from regulator?

Is window on track? I say pull off door panel and see what's not functioning.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i did pull all off...motor not making noise and brand new. switches brand new and all wires hooked up
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
dot dot dot ...

Read this:
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...e-contest.html

And then:
Originally Posted by AllMaxxedOut
pull off door panel and see what's not functioning.
If not, double check everything again. Patiently.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ive checked the fuses ...anything marked window...but they seem ok under the hood and inside but i may be missing one
Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 AM
dot dot dot ...

They're all connected to one. A while back i blew that one and it was December. I was trying to roll all the windows up at once (don't remember why they were down in the first place) and as I was doing so, I heard a fuse like death sound, and they all died. Turned out it was a 10 amp'er near left hand driver foot area of fuses.

But yours seems as if is just that one side. Weird that the new motor didn't fix it.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM

Check power going to the switch and for possible broken wires. Get a wire schematic, trace them down and test each one to the power source.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:29 AM

If the motor didnt fix it then you have missed a fuse or it is off track. Can you hear it trying to work and it just does not move or what does it do?
Old 08-09-2012, 01:56 PM

does the motor make any sound? is there a click when you use the switch? or is there no sound at all? did you check the fuses with a test light or just by looking at them? could be possible the switch for just drivers door window stopped working. sometimes the buttons do that. try another switch.

and then try manually powering the window through the plug to the regulator. use a power supply and two wires and connect them to the prongs in the plug to power the regulator. might take some trial and error to figure out which prongs move up and down.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

the window switch does make a clicking ...but nothing..no sound from new motor....im lost ....before i take it to the stealership....its not off track ..its got to be power...the switch is good..been thru three of those...motor new...it has to be between the switch and the motor
Old 08-12-2012, 08:47 PM

look at all the tabs inside the wire plug for the motor.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 AM

Check all the wiring, look for breaks and check that there is power at the switch and check for continuity in the wiring between the switch and motor. There arent that many wires in the door, although the space kind of sucks. It's usually better to find the problem before randomly replacing parts that you probably do not need to replace.