Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999-6/)
-   -   GI: GB Tdmimports coilovers...biggest more durable out there.... (https://maxima.org/forums/4th-generation-maxima-1995-1999/660607-gi-gb-tdmimports-coilovers-biggest-more-durable-out-there.html)

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-16-2013 04:44 PM

GI: GB Tdmimports coilovers...biggest more durable out there....

1 Attachment(s)
Ok fellas,a bunch of us have been gauging interest on a group buy from TdmImports on their new coilovers.... They are 57mm....thats a TRUE 50MM piston where as most other are 41-47....they come with a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer and 1 year from TdmImports...price as it stands right now is 880 shipped and they offer custom spring rates. This is for the A32/A33 chassis together..we need 10 commited to this to go on with it. as of right now wee have 4-5 total on facebook which is where most of the info is.... Look them up TdmImports on FB and you can see more pics but i have 1 of the prototype they received the other day for the Sentras....these will be identical but mount to the max obviously.... color may change as well to TdmImports logo colors which they are working on currently...Steve the vendor said if we can get 50 or more price will get a HUGE discount...and the more people we get the lower itll get....i have to call him tommorow to discuss material and cost on his end and see what we can work out as far as pricing for 15-20 people 20-30 etc etc....But lets start the new year out right.... as of right now the wait time on these is approx 2-3 months between material production and shipped to tdmimports...then you of course.... lets go BIG this year and get a decent coilover on the market for us that will outlast the rest... plus he also has a few other things in the works such as replacement tierod ends aka his bumpsteer kit...only 20 of those being made right now and if enough interest they will make more but more info can be fond on their FB page and their webpage once its up and running again as its down for maintenance and a rebuild right now....Anyhow heres the pic

Attachment 36454

More can be found on the FB page..theres probably about 10-15 photos all angles ...so start a list

clintb3astwood 01-17-2013 05:43 AM

Brandon you already know I'm on this group buy, time to try something new! Oh btw its Steve oh hahahaha. Can't wait to get my bump steer kit either!

viking89 01-17-2013 07:42 AM

Will they fit on a 2000 SE? Also, how much on average for labour to install coilovers.

And yes, I am in fact retarded. Interested in this group buy tho!

clintb3astwood 01-17-2013 08:37 AM

He's making them for 4th and 5th gen maximas. Labor is usually 100-125 maybe $150 if anyone charges you more, them to suck themselves. If you have tools you can do it with a friend, coilover install is super easy. I'm definitely in on this group buy, this stock height bs sucks lol

aackshun 01-17-2013 08:48 AM

agjhasdjl;bg;dosvuasl;gjhsda'lghdls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please guys get this off the ground, more options for our cars are always a plus!

I'm not interested because I'm c/o'd up on both rides, but I'll bump the hell outta this thread just to have different parts avail for our cars!

litch 01-17-2013 08:57 AM

!!!!!!!! I will be interested in seeing what this does! I just (2 weeks ago) bought d2 coils so I am out of this group deal, but I would love to see how these do

viking89 01-17-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by clintb3astwood (Post 8708298)
He's making them for 4th and 5th gen maximas. Labor is usually 100-125 maybe $150 if anyone charges you more, them to suck themselves. If you have tools you can do it with a friend, coilover install is super easy. I'm definitely in on this group buy, this stock height bs sucks lol

In that case I am definitely in on the buy as well. Was meaning to get coil overs anyways and was just about to consult the org on what a good choice would be.

I'll monitor this thread!

mightyMax95 01-17-2013 09:40 AM

I'm already on H&Rs and Illuminas and am quite happy, but if I keep the second Max I'll be in for moar lows :D

carsnwomen91 01-17-2013 10:09 AM

Let's hope this goes better than xyz coilovers lol... Already bought illumina and tein s stech and I'm not willing to go through the hassle of selling and buying these. However, I keep hearing bumpsteer for jsutter with that setup lol so I'm down for the bump steer kit. What would be the price for that kit?

ABIGBRAIN 01-17-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by mightyMax95 (Post 8708324)
I'm already on H&Rs and Illuminas and am quite happy, but if I keep the second Max I'll be in for moar lows :D

Sell me your **** and buy these. Lol

Tokesalot 01-17-2013 12:49 PM

Time???!!

is it first ten first served? or is it a before this ending date and time kind of deal

ShocknAwe 01-17-2013 12:53 PM

GD group buys always come up when I am short on cash. Where are these produced? Pillowball mount? Post up some detailed specs if you can it will help

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:01 PM

I willbpost more info shortly.. im on mobile and my screen protectornis scratched to high hell and messes up alot plusni cqn type faste on my laptop lol...i willnpost all info i know... the bumpsteer kit is 140 for the first 20 people... theres only 10 of those left right now i beleve...

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by viking89 (Post 8708273)
Will they fit on a 2000 SE? Also, how much on average for labour to install coilovers.

And yes, I am in fact retarded. Interested in this group buy tho!

Yes they will fit A33... the group buy is for a32/a33 chassis... we need a minimum of 10 people and as of right now i believe we got close to enough... either way its 2-3 months out before we will have them so that gives you time to save you money....

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe (Post 8708421)
GD group buys always come up when I am short on cash. Where are these produced? Pillowball mount? Post up some detailed specs if you can it will help

These are produced somewhere LOL... that i do not know...i will say 57mm housings and true 50mm pistons cant be beat... custom spring rates from 3-12 i believe no extra charge... pillowball fronts and normal rears...im sure you figured the rear was a given seein we cant do pillowball rears...880 shipped is the starting price and as we gather more and more people it will be negotiated... either way as of right now TdmImports has a great reputation and alot of their stuff is ran on track cars hondas lexus drift cars etc... put it this way..the more interested in these the better and low price will get... i cannot personally promise that the price will be crazy low like most expect,however i can promise they will stand behind their product unlike a few other coilover companies.....i will also post more pics in a minute i just need to upload them... they look like great quality...and with a 2 year warranty you cant beat it..i know most of you are thinking that is the basic price for a coilover...BUT when you can find one with 57mm and true 50mm pistons....for this price...YOU WONT... the bigger size will make them more durable. as of RIGHT NOW their phone lines are down due to unknown reasons but i plan on speaking to Steven directly on the phone as soon as they are up and running again so i can get minimum and maximum drop rates along with find out other things such as final colors and time expectations for delivery.

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 36438

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 36437

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 36436

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a 350 sitting of their coils...
Attachment 36435

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-17-2013 01:55 PM

It was also mentioned about inverted coils...those will cost a little extra though...not sure if its for all chassis but im pretty sure for a lil more they will do it....

clintb3astwood 01-17-2013 02:11 PM

They are produced overseas., like all other coilovers lol no real difference, the manufacturer has a very good rep and TDMI has been using them for awhile now so I have good faith

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-18-2013 08:35 AM

Bump

Cant_Get_Ryte 01-18-2013 10:17 AM

Is there any possibility of including camber plates on these? and lastly how much will a replacement shock cost? will it be a full replacement or would you need to send the blown strut back in to the vendor and suffer downtime?

jfeli 01-18-2013 01:46 PM

They ride good but my cousin been waiting on stiffer rear spring for 6 months & how I know is because thats my cousins 350z @winter fest

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-18-2013 01:58 PM

I will have answers shortyly.. speakin to vendor in an hour or so

P0tter7 01-18-2013 08:03 PM

this is the complete coilover? everything to just bolt on? im interested in gettin coilovers for a wile now and keep bul****ting about them. im bout to just say **** it and buy these. how long will they take to come in?

RushNatU 01-18-2013 10:15 PM

Those look nice but for about the same price the BC coilovers have pillow ball mounts and camber adjustment on all four shocks. What is included in the bumpsteer kit?

JonBlz 01-18-2013 11:47 PM

the bump steer kit is basically some high perfomance outter tie rods that are used on the track and steven has them for the A32, A33 body etc......they look so good i will be buying mines this week......i told him about the forums im pretty sure he made a user name has been offering his products, from the last time we spoke he told me he made a name here

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by RushNatU
Those look nice but for about the same price the BC coilovers have pillow ball mounts and camber adjustment on all four shocks. What is included in the bumpsteer kit?

They will have camber plates.. the ones pictured are for a b15... sentra... and for what its worth bc only have front plates.. NO MAXIMA has rear camber plates...

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by P0tter7
this is the complete coilover? everything to just bolt on? im interested in gettin coilovers for a wile now and keep bul****ting about them. im bout to just say **** it and buy these. how long will they take to come in?

Yes these are full coils..all 4 included. Camber plates pillowball mounts... 57m housings and true 50mm pistons. Most other companies are 44-47 mm pistons... so these are slightly more heavy duty... i will have more info shortly such as how low they go and spring rates available estimated timeframe.. right now they are 2-3 months out..thats the ONLY downfall to these.. i just posted helping the vendor out. They sell quality stuff and personally.... id rather pay this for these than for bc or ksports.. something not everyone else has..

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by JonBlz
the bump steer kit is basically some high perfomance outter tie rods that are used on the track and steven has them for the A32, A33 body etc......they look so good i will be buying mines this week......i told him about the forums im pretty sure he made a user name has been offering his products, from the last time we spoke he told me he made a name here

Steven been selling on here for a while... qtlinks and fender washer kits... idk why he hasnt posted about the coilovers yet

Kevlo911 01-19-2013 07:05 AM

what spring rates are available

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 07:36 AM

Anywhere from 3 all the way up to 12 i believe... lemme double check on the 12... i know 3 for sure but not positive on the max

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 09:02 AM

Ok.. confirmation... 3kg up to 13... your choice

ShocknAwe 01-19-2013 09:07 AM

I am in for the bump steer kit. Are we waiting for him to post here?

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 09:30 AM

Pm'd

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kevlo911 (Post 8709559)
what spring rates are available

Ok, i spoke with the vendor today... spring rates can be made to order 3-13 and the manufacturer that makes them has their own as well...fortune auto which alot of their coils are used in rally racing... the pistons will be the cadillac of coilovers for the maximas proving wayyy better ride than all others which we all know d2 is kinda bouncy in front etc etc... as far as warranty goes, he explained to me you call him tell him you blew a strut...racing...track...daily driving..wont matter as long as you dont screw with the seal on the coil... he will then get you a replacement and ship it to you... you pay a "core" charge and once you get his and send your blown one back he will fully refund the "core" charge 2 year warranty is standard on these. the drop is anywhere from stock height to about 3.5-4 inches ..

As we all know,maximas and their owners dont have alot of options for "performance parts" as it is and this guy is going above and beyond,he deals with mainly suspension components and sells the qtlink as well as a bump steer kit which replaces the outter tie rods and is alot better... as long as we can get people interested in his products he will continue to make more parts in the future....nothing written in stone but possiblty adjustable balljoints or turbular control arms or whatever we can come up with....so pass the word aroud to anyone you may know and if they got a facebook check out tdmimports on there and all the pictures of the coilovers and other products available..

nismomaxgtr18 01-19-2013 04:18 PM

I'd be in on this if I didn't already have my coilovers.

MAXIMA_STYLE 01-19-2013 04:24 PM

Thats the problem.. most of the real enthusiasts already got coils.. tye new generation of max owners is cheap and will use ebay parts lol...

ShocknAwe 01-19-2013 04:42 PM

gracias